Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #406
meuseman
Disney Parks Game Afficianado

Arrived 10/26 9pm A-Side.

Malibus, Impalas, 3 Grand Caravans. We took a great Grand Caravan that made loading and unloading a breeze.

10/31 at 12:45pm, walked by and saw a Prius.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #407
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the updates all.

Just had a great revelation tonight >> if you work for a company Don't forget to check if they have a deal with National. I was trying all ideas and found a code at work and it was fabulous. Can only use if I bring my work id so cannot share but something to remember, if you have offers at work don't forget to check.

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #408
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Thanks for the updates all. Just had a great revelation tonight >> if you work for a company Don't forget to check if they have a deal with National. I was trying all ideas and found a code at work and it was fabulous. Can only use if I bring my work id so cannot share but something to remember, if you have offers at work don't forget to check. mky
Excellent advice!! We have that benefit where I work for leisure rentals and I know it was at least 50% and I was even able to add a coupon. However, this time we are flying in and out of TPA. It was way cheaper than MCO and more than paid for the rental with money to spare. Hope TPA has, again, some nice choices for us!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #409
mousey
DIS Veteran

My cousin arrived on the A side, 11/6/12 at 10:30am and snagged a grand caravan off the aisle! He didn't tell me what else was available, but was happy with his "find"!
mousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #410
syk731
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by meuseman View Post
Arrived 10/26 9pm A-Side.

Malibus, Impalas, 3 Grand Caravans. We took a great Grand Caravan that made loading and unloading a breeze.

10/31 at 12:45pm, walked by and saw a Prius.
I arrived on 10/31 at 1:30 and saw that same Prius, I think!

I didn't look too hard, but saw several Grand Caravans, Impalas, and the Prius. I think there was an Altima too. There were also a few Town and Countries, and we took one of those.
syk731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #411
Mouse511
DIS Veteran

Slim pickings last night on the A side. We got to the emerald isle around 9pm and there was only three cars available to choose from......luckily one of the three, was a brand new 310 mile Impala LTZ. We hopped in that and headed off to OKW. Good thing my husband is a Chevy/Ford guy.....he was happy with a brand new Impala....even though a lot of people would not have been.
10/99 Dixie Landings -- 03/00 Offsite-Universal Studios -- 10/01 Port Orleans Riverside -- 10/03 Caribbean Beach -- 12/06 Wilderness Lodge -- 09/07 Wilderness Lodge -- 10/07 WDW Swan -- 10/08 Saratoga Springs -- 02/09 Old Key West -- 10/09 Vero Beach & Old Key West -- 11/10 Old Key West -- 5/11 Bay Lake Tower -- 11/12 Old Key West
Mouse511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #412
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

Can you get a car off the midsize aisle if you don't see anything on the Emerald Aisle that you want?
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #413
akelley728
Earning My Ears

First time poster, I appreciate all of the advice and tips on here. I'm heading to Disney next week and was hoping to take advantage of the EA in MCO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
You can call National customer service and have your EC number added to the reservation.
I got a car rental through a package deal I got Delta Airlines. The reservation confirmation came back to me xxxxxxxxxCOUNT. I called Emerald Club customer service and they said I could not add my EC # to the reservation as it was already "paid for".

Am I out of luck here? At the very least I would like to bypass the counter when I arrive in MCO.
akelley728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #414
BigTigger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse50 View Post
Can you get a car off the midsize aisle if you don't see anything on the Emerald Aisle that you want?
On our last trip, the EA selection was just very large SUV's and minvans as the smaller stuff was picked clean. The rest of the National selection was also pretty thin. The National person couldn't let us pick from the very well stocked Enterprise row behind us, but took us over to the Alamo side and told us to pick anything we liked. We took a Kia Soul which only had 400 miles and it was very good on gas for the many drives we took around central Florida. We could also have chosen from standard sized fare including a few new Avalons, a few Altimas, and a few Malibus.
BigTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #415
mjplantz
Always something to plan...

We picked up last night on the A side around 10:30pm. We are executive aisle members so we chose a Suburban, there were 2 other suburbans, several Volvo XC90s, Camrys, 300s, Mustangs.

The Regular aisle did not have anything that stuck out to us as out of the normal, no SUVs and No minivans, primarily Altimas, 200s... all sedans.

I think with the holiday week they are keeping the minivans on the minivan aisle due to volume. My parents selected around noon today and the selection was similar except they were able to grab a Ford Escape from regular aisle but the rest were all sedans at that time too.

Us DD(18) DD(13)
mjplantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #416
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjplantz View Post
We picked up last night on the A side around 10:30pm. We are executive aisle members so we chose a Suburban, there were 2 other suburbans, several Volvo XC90s, Camrys, 300s, Mustangs.

The Regular aisle did not have anything that stuck out to us as out of the normal, no SUVs and No minivans, primarily Altimas, 200s... all sedans.

I think with the holiday week they are keeping the minivans on the minivan aisle due to volume. My parents selected around noon today and the selection was similar except they were able to grab a Ford Escape from regular aisle but the rest were all sedans at that time too.
Nice, thanks for the update!

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #417
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

Pixie Dust on Saturday afternoons

Any updates on what to expect on EA on Saturday afternoon say 4ish????
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #418
Happy99
DIS Veteran

For August 2013 I found both a minivan and a Cadillac for the same price $305 after tax using the KLM discount code, yes I am a member of their frequent flyer option

If we book a minivan do we choose from the minivan aisle only or if there is a full size SUV in the EA section can we choose that?
If we choose the Cadillac option do they actually have Cadillacs? What are the "similar" options for this car category?

Reading through some of the previous posts it seems that you can only choose a car from the EA aisle only if you don't choose a specific car. If we choose a premium car does that fall under the cadillac? What do we have to choose for the minivan or are we better off selecting the minivan if that is what we really want

Thank you

Last edited by Happy99; 11-30-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #419
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
For August 2013 I found both a minivan and a Cadillac for the same price $305 after tax using the KLM discount code, yes I am a member of their frequent flyer option

If we book a minivan do we choose from the minivan aisle only or if there is a full size SUV in the EA section can we choose that?
If we choose the Cadillac option do they actually have Cadillacs? What are the "similar" options for this car category?

Reading through some of the previous posts it seems that you can only choose a car from the EA aisle only if you don't choose a specific car. If we choose a premium car does that fall under the cadillac? What do we have to choose for the minivan or are we better off selecting the minivan if that is what we really want

Thank you
I have been told, though have no personal experience, that the people in the garage will allow you to take car from a category that is LESSER than what you reserved. That said, if you reserved a minivan, and saw something on the EA that you liked better, I would think they'd probably let you take it since the EA is with a mid-size reservation and a minivan is a higher category.

That said, if you need a minivan, I would reserve a minivan.

Can't answer your question about the caddy. I rented a premium once and got a very nice Avalon.
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #420
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

bumping

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: