Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #376
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Emerald Aisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
No, it does not matter what side you pickup from or drop off at, both sides have all the rental companies. Not complicated at all. You deplane on the airside, take a tram to the main terminal, you will be on the 3rd. floor, luggage pickup is on the 2nd. floor and car rental is on the 1st/ground floor.
If you use National, you just go out the ground floor, cross the "street" (now equipped with walk/don't walk signals) and select your car.
Returning is easy, just follow the signs.
AWESOME! Thanks

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #377
Mouse511
DIS Veteran

A vs B side

Hi - We have used National EI on all of our trips to WDW out of MCO but have always flown Delta - Delta dropped the direct flight from our airport, so now we are going to fly Jetblue.

Delta is on the B side - Jetblue is on A side - so I have never been to A side - which side has better cars in the EI ? or does it not matter.

B side has always been super easy and we have always had good luck with nice new cars......I hope the A side is just as good or better ?

Oh and should we be concerned that we are not getting in until after 8pm the day we arrive ?

Thoughts ?
10/99 Dixie Landings -- 03/00 Offsite-Universal Studios -- 10/01 Port Orleans Riverside -- 10/03 Caribbean Beach -- 12/06 Wilderness Lodge -- 09/07 Wilderness Lodge -- 10/07 WDW Swan -- 10/08 Saratoga Springs -- 02/09 Old Key West -- 10/09 Vero Beach & Old Key West -- 11/10 Old Key West -- 5/11 Bay Lake Tower -- 11/12 Old Key West
Mouse511 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #378
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse511 View Post
Hi - We have used National EI on all of our trips to WDW out of MCO but have always flown Delta - Delta dropped the direct flight from our airport, so now we are going to fly Jetblue.

Delta is on the B side - Jetblue is on A side - so I have never been to A side - which side has better cars in the EI ? or does it not matter.

B side has always been super easy and we have always had good luck with nice new cars......I hope the A side is just as good or better ?

Oh and should we be concerned that we are not getting in until after 8pm the day we arrive ?

Thoughts ?
Both sides are pretty much the same. A side is somewhat larger. Depends on what day you are arriving, but, I am sure you will find something you like.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #379
goodferry
DIS Veteran

We just left the B side and there were at least 6 minivans, a few Nissan Altimas, and a Toyota. We got a really nice Town and Country.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #380
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
We just left the B side and there were at least 6 minivans, a few Nissan Altimas, and a Toyota. We got a really nice Town and Country.
Wow! Score! Thanks for letting us know what's was on the aisle...
sargenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #381
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

But do not bother to reserve a premium.

Arrived yesterday around 1. B side no premiums. Told me to go to Alamo. Where a very rude agent told me "no paperwork, no car". Rather then fight I went to A. Once again no premiums. They did find me an Avalon

And, amazingly, there were LOTS of premiums on Alamo. Kind of makes me wonder what the deal is. I would not have been mad if I had not seen all the Alamo cars and then had to deal with "where is your paperwork".
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #382
alamocares
Earning My Ears

Dear OCC,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We always strive to provide the best possible service, as well as exceptional vehicles. If you would like to email us with your contact information, rental agreement number, and exact rental location we would love to address this issue. Our email address is Care[at]nationalcar.com (Kat)
alamocares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #383
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #384
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamocares View Post
Dear OCC,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We always strive to provide the best possible service, as well as exceptional vehicles. If you would like to email us with your contact information, rental agreement number, and exact rental location we would love to address this issue. Our email address is Care[at]nationalcar.com (Kat)
I have already sent a complaint to National. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #385
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I have already sent a complaint to National. Thanks.
Hopefully you sent one to Alamo also. Since they were, apparently, the most rude.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #386
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hopefully you sent one to Alamo also. Since they were, apparently, the most rude.
That's kind of sad statement.. the"most" rude.

Since I didn't rent from Alamo I complained to the company who gets the $$$. I did say that this reminded me of WHY I don't rent from Alamo.

And on a more positive note.

Picked up last night. For those of you in the mini van/SUV hunt at 9 or so last night there were lots of options (For those of us wanting cars it was a little slim) One guy was waiting on something to be brought around and while I completed a call with my office in California I sat there... he waited at least 20 minutes so if you want a "special" car do be prepared to wait. Cars were being brought up, just not what he wanted i guess.

I had to go back this morning (I had a brain dump and took a 2 door car which isn't going to work) So at 9 AM or so B side had SUVs Mini Vans and a better selection of cars. (I got a nice Maxima off the Executive and they had lots of the 300s if you like them)
Old 10-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #387
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:

Since I didn't rent from Alamo I complained to the company who gets the $$$. I did say that this reminded me of WHY I don't rent from Alamo.

Picked up last night. For those of you in the mini van/SUV hunt at 9 or so last night there were lots of options (For those of us wanting cars it was a little slim) One guy was waiting on something to be brought around and while I completed a call with my office in California I sat there... he waited at least 20 minutes so if you want a "special" car do be prepared to wait. Cars were being brought up, just not what he wanted i guess.

I had to go back this morning (I had a brain dump and took a 2 door car which isn't going to work) So at 9 AM or so B side had SUVs Mini Vans and a better selection of cars. (I got a nice Maxima off the Executive and they had lots of the 300s if you like them)
Thanks for the update of what was there. I'llbe picking off the Exec aisle late Friday night and I'mm hoping for something good (although I'll have my boys with me and who knows what they will make me pick )
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #388
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It is indeed a sad comment. But, what you faced was a very very bad/sad situation. The ones at Alamo should have been called out, regardless of who you had the contract with. Hell, I was never rude to someone asking about another rental company. If you don't mention things that are wrong, nothing ever gets fixed.
Guess that customer knew how to get what he wanted by using the radio or asking the agent for help.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #389
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Thanks for the update of what was there. I'llbe picking off the Exec aisle late Friday night and I'mm hoping for something good (although I'll have my boys with me and who knows what they will make me pick )
Things change on a daily, if not hourly, basis, so what CCC saw does not mean it will be the same when you get there.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #390
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Things change on a daily, if not hourly, basis, so what CCC saw does not mean it will be the same when you get there.
Oh I know but it is nice to get updates
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: