Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #271
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjplantz View Post
Executive elite does not entitle you to a luxury car, correct? Just a guaranteed full size?
that is correct. You are guaranteed a full size or above for the price of a mid size car. The program is outlined here: https://www.nationalcar.com/index.do...withnav-header
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #272
minniemomof3
Mouseketeer

I just joined Emerald Club and reserved a car for July at the Dolphin. I used the Emerald Club number but I don`t see the number on the reservation. How do I confirm that my number was accepted?

Does the Club card allow me to select any car in the Emerald Isle even if it is a higher level? Does this also apply at the Dolphin?
minniemomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #273
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemomof3 View Post
I just joined Emerald Club and reserved a car for July at the Dolphin. I used the Emerald Club number but I don`t see the number on the reservation. How do I confirm that my number was accepted?

Does the Club card allow me to select any car in the Emerald Isle even if it is a higher level? Does this also apply at the Dolphin?
If you signed in via the Emerald Club sign in area, your number was recorded. There is no Emerald Aisle at the Dolphin, they will assign you a car. What size did you reserve? They mainly have Emerald Aisles at airports. At the airport if you have rented a midslze car, you can select any vehicle from the Emerald Aisle section regardless of the class of the vehicle. There is a list of Emerald Aisle locations on the web site.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #274
minniemomof3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
If you signed in via the Emerald Club sign in area, your number was recorded. There is no Emerald Aisle at the Dolphin, they will assign you a car. What size did you reserve? They mainly have Emerald Aisles at airports. At the airport if you have rented a midslze car, you can select any vehicle from the Emerald Aisle section regardless of the class of the vehicle. There is a list of Emerald Aisle locations on the web site.
I didn't realize there is an Emerald Club sign in area, that explains why my number wasn't recorded on the reservation.

I reserved a mid size. What are the odds of getting a minivan at the airport in the Emerald Aisle?
minniemomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #275
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't realize there is an Emerald Club sign in area, that explains why my number wasn't recorded on the reservation.

I reserved a mid size. What are the odds of getting a minivan at the airport in the Emerald Aisle?
If you need a minivan reserve it. Odds are not really relevant. Because, as with most aspects of travel, there is a built in stress factor. That means that if you really need a minivan or SUV the aisle will only have midsizes or convertibles. Of course, the opposite is really true. When it is just 2 of you on a romantic weekend..aisle will be full of minivans.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #276
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It is on the first page of their web site. It says: Emerald Club login. You have to put in your login and password. If you have not created one, you can do it right there. In the "not a member? Enroll now" area. Just click on it.

As to the odds in July for a mini van? I would not count on it. If you need a mini van, you need to book one.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #277
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
If you need a minivan reserve it. Odds are not really relevant. Because, as with most aspects of travel, there is a built in stress factor. That means that if you really need a minivan or SUV the aisle will only have midsizes or convertibles. Of course, the opposite is really true. When it is just 2 of you on a romantic weekend..aisle will be full of minivans.
LOL, good examples and pretty much true.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #278
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quick report. A side only

Today (July 28th) 3 PM or so...

Aisle Cars only, your basic stuff Malibu, etc..
Executive Cars only. LOTS of Camrys one Avalon, a couple of Chargers

NO SUVs or minivans on either aisle for Side A
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #279
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Quick report. A side only

Today (July 28th) 3 PM or so...

Aisle Cars only, your basic stuff Malibu, etc..
Executive Cars only. LOTS of Camrys one Avalon, a couple of Chargers

NO SUVs or minivans on either aisle for Side A
Thanks for posting!

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #280
tammydel
A true blue DISer!

OK, I'm sure this is repetitive for those who follow this closely, but I'm unsure which way to go with our reservation.

2 adults, 2 small and 1 medium teen plus luggage

Do I risk a EA reservation? I'm pretty confidant we could fit into a full size(Impala?) car with our stuff. I'm a little nervous about if it would be possible in a midsize.

My luck I book a full size (or bigger) and there one sits on EA. Or I book EA and there are nothing but midsize and we can't fit all the luggage!

Help!!!

Tammy
Old 07-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #281
joxer1014
Mouseketeer

Ok my turn fellow board members. We arrived on June 27 around 230pm and both aisles, Exec and EC, had nothing but sedans. No vans, suvs or crossovers. Both sides had Impalas, Camrys, Chargers, and I think I saw one VW, a CC I believe. I walked the whole aisle. All the way to the exit booth and all sedans. No biggie for me. A bigger car would have just been a bonus but I took a Charger with Sirius radio, touch screen radio, AC controls and trip computer. Only had 3700 miles on it. Really nice car. HUGE trunk.

When I returned on July 3, I took a peek at the aisles again on my way to the terminal. This time I saw at least one van on the Exec side along with a couple of suvs, Jeeps I believe and some other larger cars. This was just in passing. One thing I did notice is that the mini van aisle had a bunch of crossovers parked there. Dodge Journey I believe.

Now I am not badmouthing the emerald aisles or National's way of distributing the cars but I expected to see the aisles to have the vans and suvs when I arrived in June and not when I returned the day before the 4th of July. I would expect the emeralds to be sedans only on the day before a busy holiday. But like I said it wasn't an issue for me, I was just a little surprised. In the past I was usually able to score a suv of some kind. One time I got a Suburban. I still love using National and having my Emerald Club priviliges.
joxer1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #282
goodferry
DIS Veteran

Same experience here, we arrived lateish on the 28th and returned around noon on the 3rd and all we saw were sedans, no minivans, no crossovers, no SUVs. We had a Nissan Altima, there were just two of us, so that was fine for us.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #283
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxer1014 View Post
Ok my turn fellow board members. We arrived on June 27 around 230pm and both aisles, Exec and EC, had nothing but sedans. No vans, suvs or crossovers. Both sides had Impalas, Camrys, Chargers, and I think I saw one VW, a CC I believe. I walked the whole aisle. All the way to the exit booth and all sedans. No biggie for me. A bigger car would have just been a bonus but I took a Charger with Sirius radio, touch screen radio, AC controls and trip computer. Only had 3700 miles on it. Really nice car. HUGE trunk.

When I returned on July 3, I took a peek at the aisles again on my way to the terminal. This time I saw at least one van on the Exec side along with a couple of suvs, Jeeps I believe and some other larger cars. This was just in passing. One thing I did notice is that the mini van aisle had a bunch of crossovers parked there. Dodge Journey I believe.

Now I am not badmouthing the emerald aisles or National's way of distributing the cars but I expected to see the aisles to have the vans and suvs when I arrived in June and not when I returned the day before the 4th of July. I would expect the emeralds to be sedans only on the day before a busy holiday. But like I said it wasn't an issue for me, I was just a little surprised. In the past I was usually able to score a suv of some kind. One time I got a Suburban. I still love using National and having my Emerald Club priviliges.
I worked side B on the 3rd of July and we did not have anything other than sedans on either side of the aisle and we only had mini vans in the mini van row. We have not been putting mini vans or SUV's on the EA or EE for awhile now as it is vacation season and those vehicles are in high demand.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #284
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammydel View Post
OK, I'm sure this is repetitive for those who follow this closely, but I'm unsure which way to go with our reservation.

2 adults, 2 small and 1 medium teen plus luggage

Do I risk a EA reservation? I'm pretty confidant we could fit into a full size(Impala?) car with our stuff. I'm a little nervous about if it would be possible in a midsize.

My luck I book a full size (or bigger) and there one sits on EA. Or I book EA and there are nothing but midsize and we can't fit all the luggage!

Help!!!

Tammy
I have yet to see a day when all we have on the EA are midsize cars. We generally have full size and a few midsize. We always seem to have Impalas and if you don't see on on the aisle, just ask the friendly greeter.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #285
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxer1014 View Post

Just one more thing. It is funny you should expect the EA to be busy on the day before a holiday, it was anything but. Keep in mind that Enterprise, National and Alamo all draw from the same pool of cars. Both Alamo and Enterprise were very busy on that day, but, not National.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: