Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #256
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

:)

I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread. I asked DH was level he is with National and he tells me he is Executive. Helllloooo, I have been trying to find a good deal on a car for quite some time and he never mentioned it. He travels with work.

There will be 5 of us traveling. Three adults and two 17 year olds. Luggage will be a issue. We might rent a vehicle and if we can't fit all the luggage DH will take a taxi with excess that cannot fit.

I have just checked the rates with National and the price for two weeks 17 - 31 Jul, for the mid-size, where we can pick from the Executive aisle, is still over $800 Ouch. Anyone got any clues on if the rates will go down?

Also if anyone can provide an update on what vehicles have been on the Executive aisle lately, I would appreciate it. Thanks

P.S. I know 5 in a car is a little bit if a squeeze but we will only be using it for trips to the mall our out to eat, that type of thing.

Last edited by Brit_Jude; 06-14-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added the P.S.
Brit_Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #257
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea what days/times the Emerald Aisle has the best selection? If our plane arrives on a Sat in October at 9 am, is there likely to be a good selection? Is Sat night or Sunday am better?
Also, has anyone scored a minivan on the EA? A minivan would be a nice surprise, but with only 4 people, not necessary.

Thanks!
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #258
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea what days/times the Emerald Aisle has the best selection? If our plane arrives on a Sat in October at 9 am, is there likely to be a good selection? Is Sat night or Sunday am better?
Also, has anyone scored a minivan on the EA? A minivan would be a nice surprise, but with only 4 people, not necessary.

Thanks!
It is difficult to say what will be on the aisles at any given time. What you can plan on is a mid size or better on the EA and a full size or better on the Exec. aisle. We try to always have a good selection. Sats are pretty quiet days, Sundays and Mondays tend to be very busy with business travelers. We have mini vans now and then, no guarantees. If you need a mini van, my advice (as always) is to book one unless you like to gamble.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #259
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread. I asked DH was level he is with National and he tells me he is Executive. Helllloooo, I have been trying to find a good deal on a car for quite some time and he never mentioned it. He travels with work.

There will be 5 of us traveling. Three adults and two 17 year olds. Luggage will be a issue. We might rent a vehicle and if we can't fit all the luggage DH will take a taxi with excess that cannot fit.

I have just checked the rates with National and the price for two weeks 17 - 31 Jul, for the mid-size, where we can pick from the Executive aisle, is still over $800 Ouch. Anyone got any clues on if the rates will go down?

Also if anyone can provide an update on what vehicles have been on the Executive aisle lately, I would appreciate it. Thanks

P.S. I know 5 in a car is a little bit if a squeeze but we will only be using it for trips to the mall our out to eat, that type of thing.
The exec. aisle lately has been a mix of full size cars and some suvs and some mini vans. BUT, you are coming at a very busy time, so, I would not bank on anything but a full size car. Our full size cars hold 5 without too much trouble. As to rates, I don't have any insight on that. Busy times=high rates. Keep on checking.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #260
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzspaz View Post
Thanks gmeh1!

I believe you did cover that information earlier in this thread, but I hadn't read that far back yet. I believe I am on page 9 now.

A midsize car would adequately meet our needs. So that is all that I want but DH saw the mid size SUV and was thinking of trying one out.

Since I am the one on the account, I think I'll just do the midsize on the EA and be happy with that or anything that we get. We will be arriving early evening in November, which I don't expect is a busy time.
You are welcome. I can almost guarantee you will get at least a full size car on the EA. Something bigger, well, that can be a coin toss.
What page are you on now?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #261
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If DH is the "Executive" and you want to take advantage of that.. He needs to rent the car.. which means the reservation has to be in his name and he has to drive it out of the lot. Keep that in mind before you send him off with the luggage!

Now.. does he collect rental credits for his executive? If so, have him log in and see how many he has. You might have a great deal. (I rarely pay in Orlando and have used those credits for Luxury and other cars...)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #262
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
The exec. aisle lately has been a mix of full size cars and some suvs and some mini vans. BUT, you are coming at a very busy time, so, I would not bank on anything but a full size car. Our full size cars hold 5 without too much trouble. As to rates, I don't have any insight on that. Busy times=high rates. Keep on checking.
Thanks gmeh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
If DH is the "Executive" and you want to take advantage of that.. He needs to rent the car.. which means the reservation has to be in his name and he has to drive it out of the lot. Keep that in mind before you send him off with the luggage!

Now.. does he collect rental credits for his executive? If so, have him log in and see how many he has. You might have a great deal. (I rarely pay in Orlando and have used those credits for Luxury and other cars...)
Thanks OCC - I was having a senior moment on who will need to drive the car off the lot. The nice part is that he gets to have 4 additional drivers

Checked with DH he collects air miles with National. I have to share - we used our sky miles with Southwest for flights to Orlando and paid $7.50 for the 3 of us. Coming back we got Delta's pay with Skymiles and paid $72.00 for the three tickets. I got $100 off each ticket. We will have to pay for a couple of the bags but that's OK for the price.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #263
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks gmeh1

Thanks OCC - I was having a senior moment on who will need to drive the car off the lot. The nice part is that he gets to have 4 additional drivers

Checked with DH he collects air miles with National. I have to share - we used our sky miles with Southwest for flights to Orlando and paid $7.50 for the 3 of us. Coming back we got Delta's pay with Skymiles and paid $72.00 for the three tickets. I got $100 off each ticket. We will have to pay for a couple of the bags but that's OK for the price.
4 add. drivers? WOW!!! Just make sure they fall into the add. guidelines for free add. drivers. Have a great time. Good job on the airfares!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #264
Rafikifolife
Earning My Ears

Something Nice

So I am flying to MCO and will be renting a vehicle from National and I really want something nice. Do they have caddy's or something super nice?
Rafikifolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #265
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks gmeh1

I have stuck with the free rental cars.. and I am finding it much easier to get cheap air and cheap hotels lately then good deals on rental cars!

(And just another "FYI... tickets purchased with Skymiles don't get FF miles which is why generally the advice is that if you have a frequent flyer, like maybe DH, not to use miles to buy his ticket and use them all on everyone else)
Old 06-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #266
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Change

Quote:
I have stuck with the free rental cars.. and I am finding it much easier to get cheap air and cheap hotels lately then good deals on rental cars!

(And just another "FYI... tickets purchased with Skymiles don't get FF miles which is why generally the advice is that if you have a frequent flyer, like maybe DH, not to use miles to buy his ticket and use them all on everyone else)
DH has now changed his National preference to rental credits. So hopefully next year we can use them for a rental car. We both get miles. I mainly business travel on Southwest, and I have a Delta Skymiles American Express CC. DH typically flys Delta for his Business travel. We don't aim to get FF miles for our vacation travel. I can't get get rental car credits with my travel. I work for the Federal Gov't and when we get a rental car it is always the cheapest car - it could be any company.

I found a coupon for Budget and secured a mini van for $250 a week before taxes, it's the best I have found so far for our dates. Details are on the July rental car thread. I'll keep looking - would prefer National but will go with the best price.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #267
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikifolife View Post
So I am flying to MCO and will be renting a vehicle from National and I really want something nice. Do they have caddy's or something super nice?
Yes we have Caddys, but not on the EA or Exec. They are a luxury car and needs to be booked as such.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #268
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes we have Caddys, but not on the EA or Exec. They are a luxury car and needs to be booked as such.
And if you don't see what you like on the National Luxury Aisle, ask for it

I was told by a rep working the National side thar "we hide the luxury cars over on Alamo since Executive Members keep taking them". (I know our personal rep says that is not true, but it is what I was told and the evidence seems to be that the last two times I rented Luxury in MCO the selection was one car)
Old 06-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #269
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And if you don't see what you like on the National Luxury Aisle, ask for it

I was told by a rep working the National side thar "we hide the luxury cars over on Alamo since Executive Members keep taking them". (I know our personal rep says that is not true, but it is what I was told and the evidence seems to be that the last two times I rented Luxury in MCO the selection was one car)
We don't hide them per se, but, it is true, the Exec. Elite do keep on taking them. We do keep most of the luxury cars on the Alamo side. Another reason we keep a small inventory is because we simply don't have the room or the call for them. The same applies to the Premiums and converts. My comment that we don't hide them stems from the fact that on B side, the executive aisle faces the Premium selection for Alamo. We also keep the BIG vans on A side on the Alamo side, again, the space factor.
But, you are totally correct, if you don't see something you like on any row, let the rep. know. We do try to accomodate whenever possible. I don't like that you were told we "hide" them. I am hoping the rep. was joking. We don't. We just keep them in a different spot. Also, Enterprise uses them also. Last night "B"side we had 4 Lux. cars and 3 Premiums, 3 Converts, One BIG van, some SUV's, lots of full size, compact and mid size cars. Not one renter rented a Prem. Lux or Convert. I will not address what was on the EA or Exec. aisle as it changed constantly.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #270
mjplantz
Always something to plan...

Quote:
We don't hide them per se, but, it is true, the Exec. Elite do keep on taking them. We do keep most of the luxury cars on the Alamo side. Another reason we keep a small inventory is because we simply don't have the room or the call for them. The same applies to the Premiums and converts. My comment that we don't hide them stems from the fact that on B side, the executive aisle faces the Premium selection for Alamo.
Executive elite does not entitle you to a luxury car, correct? Just a guaranteed full size?

Us DD(18) DD(13)
mjplantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: