Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #226
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Think we need a bump!

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #227
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Think we need a bump!

Ok, here I sit, looking out at the EA and EE.

Emerald Aisle: prius, Impala LT, Towne and Country, Sonata, Malibu, Impala, Towne and County, Impala, Malibu, Towne and Country. That is as far as I can see.

Exec.: Camry, Camry, Chrysler 200 Convert. Impala LTZ, Charger Avalon, Some sort of SUV, Charger, Camry, Towne and Country, Charger. That is as far as I can see. This is A side at 9:41 pm Tuesday.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #228
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post

Emerald Aisle: prius, Impala LT, Towne and Country, Sonata, Malibu, Impala, Towne and County, Impala, Malibu, Towne and Country. That is as far as I can see.

Exec.: Camry, Camry, Chrysler 200 Convert. Impala LTZ, Charger Avalon, Some sort of SUV, Charger, Camry, Towne and Country, Charger. That is as far as I can see. This is A side at 9:41 pm Tuesday.
OOOOh, Gmeh1 > thank you, lets see i will take the convert. or a camry. Depends on mileage and freshness. ooh to dream. But still out 70 some days.

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #229
lori8481
Earning My Ears

This thread is making me so excited!! We fly into MCO on July 4th. We're only 2 adults and 2 kids, so a midsize will suffice, but since we're traveling with family and there will be over 12 of us for the trip, it would be nice to have a larger vehicle to hopefully cut down on the number of parking fees we'll have to pay for our trips to the parks. Here's hoping the Emerald Aisle has something awesome that day!!!
lori8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #230
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori8481 View Post
This thread is making me so excited!! We fly into MCO on July 4th. We're only 2 adults and 2 kids, so a midsize will suffice, but since we're traveling with family and there will be over 12 of us for the trip, it would be nice to have a larger vehicle to hopefully cut down on the number of parking fees we'll have to pay for our trips to the parks. Here's hoping the Emerald Aisle has something awesome that day!!!
It won't have something that can hold 12 people, that is for sure. Holiday travel changes the dynamics of what is on the aisle. BUT, if you don't see something you like, just ask and see what is available. Sometimes we can work magic (not always).
Old 06-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #231
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
OOOOh, Gmeh1 > thank you, lets see i will take the convert. or a camry. Depends on mileage and freshness. ooh to dream. But still out 70 some days.
Hmmmm, I assume you are exec. level since you picked the convert. If you did not take the convert, I would suggest the Avalon, much nicer than the Camry and exclusive to the Exec. aisle. Mileage, why? You aren't buying it, LOL. They should all have less than 20k miles, if they are on the aisle. If they don't, someone is failing at their job. Freshness, for sure.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #232
MIDisFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:

How does access to the executive aisle work? Is it only obtainable through status as an emerald club member or can you book a certain class of car to have access?
MIDisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #233
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDisFan View Post
How does access to the executive aisle work? Is it only obtainable through status as an emerald club member or can you book a certain class of car to have access?
You have to be an Emerald Club member and rent a specific number of times or days in a calendar year to achieve Emerald Executive status. The program is well outlined on the National site under Emerald Club.
The Emerald Aisle and Emerald Executive aisle are reserved for members only.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #234
MIDisFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You have to be an Emerald Club member and rent a specific number of times or days in a calendar year to achieve Emerald Executive status. The program is well outlined on the National site under Emerald Club.
The Emerald Aisle and Emerald Executive aisle are reserved for members only.
Thanks. I haven't had Executive status since 2009. I wasn't sure if a standard member could pick from the executive aisle if reserving a higher class vehicle.
MIDisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #235
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDisFan View Post
Thanks. I haven't had Executive status since 2009. I wasn't sure if a standard member could pick from the executive aisle if reserving a higher class vehicle.
No, they cannot, however, you can make an Emerald Reserve reservation for the class of car you want. Executive aisle is for executive members exclusively.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #236
Ktita
Earning My Ears

Emerald Aisle

So, I fly into MCO next thursday 6/14 and will just be staying at the Hyatt at the airport for the night before starting our 6 day vaca. I have Emerald Reserve for a Luxury, but would I be better off saving some money and just trying Emerald Aisle? I will be able to head over there anytime in the AM as I'll be right there. Any suggestions? I just wanted to find something better than full size.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Ktita; 06-05-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Error
Ktita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #237
kda
DIS Veteran

Emerald Aisle guarantees you a mid-size car, so if you're looking for something better than a FULL sized, it sounds like you want to reserve the class of car you need and stick with Emerald Reserve.

Since you're staying at the Hyatt, I suppose you can improve your chance of getting something larger than full size if you walk over to the EA and are willing to wait as returned cars are added to the aisle. Also, there's a National lot on both A side and B side of the airport. You can check one out and walk (a distance) over to the other if you don't find something on the first.

Hope you have a fantastic trip!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #238
Ktita
Earning My Ears

Thanks. That was my thought. I'm hoping i'll find something better. If not, I assume I could always get something bigger and pay the difference, worst case. I'm still up in the air about that or Luxury.
Ktita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #239
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

I just priced out mid-sized rental cars for our December trip, and was dismayed to find that National's rates are much, much higher than other companies. I am an EA member (1st time), and from what I am reading, I should just keep checking for rate reductions? We are traveling the 7th-15th of December, not the highly busy Christmas week.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #240
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktita View Post
So, I fly into MCO next thursday 6/14 and will just be staying at the Hyatt at the airport for the night before starting our 6 day vaca. I have Emerald Reserve for a Luxury, but would I be better off saving some money and just trying Emerald Aisle? I will be able to head over there anytime in the AM as I'll be right there. Any suggestions? I just wanted to find something better than full size.

Thanks for any help.
You will not find a Luxury class vehicle on the EA or Exec. aisle (we NEVER put them there). If you want a Luxury or something better than a full size, then you really need to reserve that class of car. We sometimes (note the word "sometimes") have mini vans and small to med. SUV's on the aisles, but, that will vary with supply and demand. What you can count on is a mid size or better from the EA or a full size or better on the Exec. aisle.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: