Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #211
mousey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
It was a total pleasure working with you and your spouse!!!! It is customers like you that make my job a total pleasure. I am sorry you had to come back to the airport to make the exchange, but, delighted that I did get to meet you two. You are a delightful couple. Enjoy the van and the rest of your vacation!!
The pleasure was ours gmeh1. You are the best!!! We are loving the van and my daughter loves the leather seats and siris radio. Perfect for getting the mobility scooter in and out easily. Thanks again for your expertise!
mousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #212
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Just a reminder DO NOT book down assuming "there will be an SUV or a mini van" Because it's almost guranteed that if you REALLY need it, the law of averages will bite you.

Flew into SNA last week (John Wayne, closest airport to Disneyland) Family there on Spring Break having a royal hissy fit because the EA only had cars and "we need a SUV" Well, apparently since it was spring break others who needed an SUV had more foresight and BOOKED one so .... they didn't even have one handy to rent to the family having the fit. (Mom was screaming that I AM NEVER USING NATIONAL AGAIN I THOUGH THE AISLE WAS BETTER STOCKED) And let me point out that for that location the Aisle was incredibly well stocked... with cars which is all that is guranteed!

(Oh and making a fool out of yourself probably won't help and may hurt. The manager was being nice to the screamer but I could tell his patience was about to wear out...)
Very well said!!!
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #213
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey View Post
The pleasure was ours gmeh1. You are the best!!! We are loving the van and my daughter loves the leather seats and siris radio. Perfect for getting the mobility scooter in and out easily. Thanks again for your expertise!
I am so glad you are enjoying the minivan. Have a GREAT time.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #214
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Thought we could use a bump.

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #215
Stini228
Mouseketeer

Hi all, we picked up side B, April 28th, 1 am. The aisle was full,,lots of impalas, some malibus, a passat, an altima, a santa fe, an escape, and a loaded town and country, which we grabbed. We were very happy!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #216
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

thanks for the update! Have a great time

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 05-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #217
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Sorry I haven't posted. I've been here 3 weeks now and leave this Saturday to come home. When we arrived on April 19th at 9:00PM both aisles were loaded. This was a Thursday night and GMEH1 recently said that was a slow night. We saw a huge variety on both aisles. I wasn't too concerned as we booked Emerald Reserve this trip with a guaranteed minivan. We arrived and saw a suburban on the Exec Aisle, so as we were heading to our designated aisle a very nice agent appoarched us and offered assistance. My DH told her we were Exec. Aisle members but had a minivan reservation but would love to take the suburban off the Exec. aisle and she told us go ahead. So we ended up with a suburban for this trip. We paid est. $150 a week after taxes. We were a party of 6 (4 adults 2 kids), but six bags and a stroller. So we fit comfortablely. We were visiting WDW and a cruise so had that ride to the port mid trip. After the cruise a few more family arrived and we all fit in the suburban. The family left and now it's just the 2 of us. BTW, the price of gas has been dropped since we arrived. The other day it was at $3.55.

n2mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #218
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Darn, I knew I forgot to post something. We picked up a minivan from the EA side B on March 13 in the middle of the day. There were several minivans to pick from in addition to lots of cars (sorry, I don't remember the models as it was a minivan I was looking for.)

What I really wanted to post though was that I like the National employees and that is also one of the reasons that I try to stick with National. They are always very helpful in the garage, even pointing my husband in the right direction when he follows me with the luggage after I've gone ahead to select a vehicle. Also, in March I had an issue with the cost of the rental coming up different from my printed reservation. I insisted that it was fixed before I left the garage and the National employee fixed it on the spot (it was wrong by quite a bit, over $50. The amount that came up was the amount on an earlier canceled reservation that I had.)

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #219
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

Traveling w 2 adults and 2 small kids (both 7 years old) to MCO. We will have 4 suitcases (26" spinners) and a few carry ons. What size vehicle? I have a minivan booked Sat Oct 13th for 9 days w/ National for $368 and we are Emerald Club members. Is that a good rate? Do I need a minivan or can I get by w/ a full size? Sounds like many book the Emerald Isle and seem to get full sizes. I think Emrald Isle midsize is $100 cheaper.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #220
askias
Earning My Ears

Our first time using the EA will be next Thursday in San Diego. We'll do a few days there before heading up to DL. Not sure what to expect, so any feedback on cars that will be available? Thanks!
askias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #221
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the great feedback!

And I second that about national's employees. That is our main reason with sticking with them for so many years too. We have never had a bad experience with national.

mky

Old 05-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #222
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew View Post
Traveling w 2 adults and 2 small kids (both 7 years old) to MCO. We will have 4 suitcases (26" spinners) and a few carry ons. What size vehicle? I have a minivan booked Sat Oct 13th for 9 days w/ National for $368 and we are Emerald Club members. Is that a good rate? Do I need a minivan or can I get by w/ a full size? Sounds like many book the Emerald Isle and seem to get full sizes. I think Emrald Isle midsize is $100 cheaper.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
You could probably get by with a full size with a big trunk, like an Impala. 18+cf. You are a bit early for Oct. prices. Keep checking, they wiill probably fall closer to your travel dates.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #223
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Darn, I knew I forgot to post something. We picked up a minivan from the EA side B on March 13 in the middle of the day. There were several minivans to pick from in addition to lots of cars (sorry, I don't remember the models as it was a minivan I was looking for.)

What I really wanted to post though was that I like the National employees and that is also one of the reasons that I try to stick with National. They are always very helpful in the garage, even pointing my husband in the right direction when he follows me with the luggage after I've gone ahead to select a vehicle. Also, in March I had an issue with the cost of the rental coming up different from my printed reservation. I insisted that it was fixed before I left the garage and the National employee fixed it on the spot (it was wrong by quite a bit, over $50. The amount that came up was the amount on an earlier canceled reservation that I had.)
Wow, i LOVE hearing positive comments like this!!!! We try very hard to make the customer 100% happpy. We direct a lot of spouses, lol. Alamo, our sister company, has great customer service too, as does our parent company Enterprise.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #224
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Thanks everyone for the great feedback!

And I second that about national's employees. That is our main reason with sticking with them for so many years too. We have never had a bad experience with national.

mky
I am very happy to hear that. We do try!!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #225
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
I am very happy to hear that. We do try!!
Thank You,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: