Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #196
TheMick424
Earning My Ears

Thanks, gmeh1!

I am an Insiders member, and also have a Costco membership, so that is great to hear.

The main reason why we selected National was the ability to go directly to the garage without having to stop at a kiosk or counter. The price difference was very small (about $10) so I figured the convenience factor was worth the $ difference with two young kids in tow (one of which can be hard to corral). Either way is fine, so I will keep checking the prices.

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #197
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMick424 View Post
Thanks, gmeh1!

I am an Insiders member, and also have a Costco membership, so that is great to hear.

The main reason why we selected National was the ability to go directly to the garage without having to stop at a kiosk or counter. The price difference was very small (about $10) so I figured the convenience factor was worth the $ difference with two young kids in tow (one of which can be hard to corral). Either way is fine, so I will keep checking the prices.

Thanks!
You are most welcome. Happy planning!!
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #198
mousey
DIS Veteran

Anybody pick up this week off the emerald or executive aisle??? We arrive around 9pm tomorrow night and even though I have a minivan reserved, I always am excited to see what's on the aisles.
mousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #199
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey View Post
Anybody pick up this week off the emerald or executive aisle??? We arrive around 9pm tomorrow night and even though I have a minivan reserved, I always am excited to see what's on the aisles.
Funny -- we do the same thing!! We arrive tomorrow around 8:00PM and also have a minivan reserved, but will be taking a peek to see what's on the aisles to report back.

n2mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #200
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

thanks everyone for checcking the aisles!

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #201
mims6219
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
You can add an additional driver at the exit booth. Correct there is no charge for spouses as long as they have a license and credit card in their name and have the same address (don't laugh, we get the "this is my spouse" all the time with different addresses, so, I thought I would toss this info in.)
Another FYI, if you join Insiders, additional drivers are free. Alamo and National are owned by Enterprise, we share the cars. So, I would go with what is the least expensive.
What is Insiders and how do you join? How many additional drivers can you add? TIA
mims6219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #202
mims6219
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-aka-papabear View Post
Does anyone know if there is an executive aisle at the Disney CCC or the Swan and Dolphin location?

I found a site for a free membership to the Executive membership for the emerald club. We are taking MME so we are not renting at MCO.

What kind of cars are on thier Ex Aisle?
Can you share the site for the free executive membership? My husband is already executive but we have family members that may be interested for our upcoming trip. Thanks
mims6219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #203
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims6219 View Post

What is Insiders and how do you join? How many additional drivers can you add? TIA
It is a program with Alamo. Details are on the Alamo website. You can add many additional drivers, but, only one additional is free, the rest cost 9.99 per day.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #204
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

I am looking at the aisle right now. EA has: terrain, another crossover, impalas, altimas, malibus
exec. avalons, camrys, Impala LTZ, suv's (they all look alike to me), mini van and that is all I can see from the booth. Nice selection on both sides of the aisle today.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #205
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me when would be the best time to start looking for decent rates for the last week of August right now, they are outrageous?
Also, we are EA members so if I want a minivan or a vehicle that will accomadate 6, 4 of which are kids, what car class is the minimum I should book to end up in that type of vehicle?
Thanks,
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #206
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalliyan1 View Post
Can anyone tell me when would be the best time to start looking for decent rates for the last week of August right now, they are outrageous?
Also, we are EA members so if I want a minivan or a vehicle that will accomadate 6, 4 of which are kids, what car class is the minimum I should book to end up in that type of vehicle?
Thanks,
If you need a mini van, book a mini van, very few vehicles except big SUVs accomodate 6. Book the class you need, do not bank on something appearing on the EA or EE.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #207
mousey
DIS Veteran

Picked up Friday night about 9pm. Aisles were full of malibus, impalas, lots of suvs, jeeps, no mini vans, but 1 chevy traverse which we took. We didn't really notice it, but it didn't have the remote, only a key. Well, today I called National to inquire if there was somewhere in the car we could find the remote or if they could program a remote for us, and they couldn't. The girl suggested an exchange. When your use to a remote, its a pain without it--if you don't rush to start the car, the horn starts beeping. We drove back to the airport tonight and the aisle was very stocked as gmeh1 stated earlier.

Tonight we arrived around 9:45pm and there were no crossovers or minivans in the aisle, but everything else under the sun. We decided to take a town & country mini van from the van aisle. There were also 2 suburbans (full size suvs) in the executive aisle. All the workers we came in contact with were very helpful and couldn't of been nicer to us.
mousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #208
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey View Post
Picked up Friday night about 9pm. Aisles were full of malibus, impalas, lots of suvs, jeeps, no mini vans, but 1 chevy traverse which we took. We didn't really notice it, but it didn't have the remote, only a key. Well, today I called National to inquire if there was somewhere in the car we could find the remote or if they could program a remote for us, and they couldn't. The girl suggested an exchange. When your use to a remote, its a pain without it--if you don't rush to start the car, the horn starts beeping. We drove back to the airport tonight and the aisle was very stocked as gmeh1 stated earlier.

Tonight we arrived around 9:45pm and there were no crossovers or minivans in the aisle, but everything else under the sun. We decided to take a town & country mini van from the van aisle. There were also 2 suburbans (full size suvs) in the executive aisle. All the workers we came in contact with were very helpful and couldn't of been nicer to us.
It was a total pleasure working with you and your spouse!!!! It is customers like you that make my job a total pleasure. I am sorry you had to come back to the airport to make the exchange, but, delighted that I did get to meet you two. You are a delightful couple. Enjoy the van and the rest of your vacation!!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #209
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder DO NOT book down assuming "there will be an SUV or a mini van" Because it's almost guranteed that if you REALLY need it, the law of averages will bite you.

Flew into SNA last week (John Wayne, closest airport to Disneyland) Family there on Spring Break having a royal hissy fit because the EA only had cars and "we need a SUV" Well, apparently since it was spring break others who needed an SUV had more foresight and BOOKED one so .... they didn't even have one handy to rent to the family having the fit. (Mom was screaming that I AM NEVER USING NATIONAL AGAIN I THOUGH THE AISLE WAS BETTER STOCKED) And let me point out that for that location the Aisle was incredibly well stocked... with cars which is all that is guranteed!

(Oh and making a fool out of yourself probably won't help and may hurt. The manager was being nice to the screamer but I could tell his patience was about to wear out...)
OrangeCountyCommuter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #210
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
If you need a mini van, book a mini van, very few vehicles except big SUVs accomodate 6. Book the class you need, do not bank on something appearing on the EA or EE.
We are definitely going to book a mini van. I'm new to this so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything
Does anyone know historically, how close to the travel dates that the prices could come down? I could get a pretty decent rate if I were going in the next month or so but I don't know if that's r/t season or its just a month or two away
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: