Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #181
disneymom1
Mouseketeer

Arrived April 5 at 7:45pm. Emerald Aisle had a few Impalas, a few Malibus, a Camry, a couple of other midsized sedans, a Jeep SUV and a Murano SUV.
disneymom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #182
joe-aka-papabear
Mouseketeer

Executive Aisle ?

Does anyone know if there is an executive aisle at the Disney CCC or the Swan and Dolphin location?

I found a site for a free membership to the Executive membership for the emerald club. We are taking MME so we are not renting at MCO.

What kind of cars are on thier Ex Aisle?
joe-aka-papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 05:50 AM   #183
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-aka-papabear View Post
Does anyone know if there is an executive aisle at the Disney CCC or the Swan and Dolphin location?

I found a site for a free membership to the Executive membership for the emerald club. We are taking MME so we are not renting at MCO.

What kind of cars are on thier Ex Aisle?
No, there are no aisles at these locations (no regular aisle, nor Executive aisle). If you book intermediate, that is what you'll get (executive members are guaranteed a full size). The aisles are generally located at the airports. You can check the website for a list of which airports have the aisles available. The Executive aisles pretty much have a similar stock to the regular aisles -- full size and larger. Executive service guarantees you at least a full size. Regular Emerald Aisle guarantees you at least a mid-size. We have been Executive members for 8 years now. As a note, once you become an Executive aisle member, you do have to maintain it each year to stay at that level or you get dropped back down to regular emerald aisle member status. You have to rent 40+ days a year to maintain it. One year (many years ago) we mis-counted and ended the year at 39 days and lost our status for that year--a bummer for us that year. Now they send us the great little monthly updates to keep us informed.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #184
joe-aka-papabear
Mouseketeer

Ex aisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
No, there are no aisles at these locations (no regular aisle, nor Executive aisle). If you book intermediate, that is what you'll get (executive members are guaranteed a full size). The aisles are generally located at the airports. You can check the website for a list of which airports have the aisles available. The Executive aisles pretty much have a similar stock to the regular aisles -- full size and larger. Executive service guarantees you at least a full size. Regular Emerald Aisle guarantees you at least a mid-size. We have been Executive members for 8 years now. As a note, once you become an Executive aisle member, you do have to maintain it each year to stay at that level or you get dropped back down to regular emerald aisle member status. You have to rent 40+ days a year to maintain it. One year (many years ago) we mis-counted and ended the year at 39 days and lost our status for that year--a bummer for us that year. Now they send us the great little monthly updates to keep us informed.
Thanks for the info.

Being that I only rent 7-14 days a year, is there any reason to take advantage of the offer for a free 1 year membership?

I will be using the KLM code and renting at CCC for our May trip.
joe-aka-papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #185
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-aka-papabear View Post
Thanks for the info.

Being that I only rent 7-14 days a year, is there any reason to take advantage of the offer for a free 1 year membership?

I will be using the KLM code and renting at CCC for our May trip.
If it doesn't cost you anything but your time, you should. You never know when your plans may change or you might add an additional trip, or even need a rental at home. It doesn't hurt to try it. You do earn free days faster, but that may not help you either. You need 6 rental credits to earn a one day free coupon. (7 for the regular aisle). You get 1 credit for every 4 days you rent. (If you rent less than 4 days you still get 1 credit). So for an 8 day rental you would get 2 credits. The credits don't expire, but the free days do. I love the free days because there are no restrictions on them. I'm using one to rent a minivan for 1 day next week to transport us all to the airport without having to pay parking fees for a 3 week trip (ouch). On the way home we will use another free day to pick up a rental to drive us home. Though it does take some coordinating to drop it off the next day (and our time), but considering how much we are saving by not paying the airport parking for 2 cars (1 for 10 days and 1 for 24 days) it's worth it, plus the free rental days are the right price too!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #186
dennise
DIS Veteran

We picked up at 11 pm on the 4th. There were impalas, mini vans,a dodge charger, camray and a few others. The car we wanted was locked, I think someone went to get a car before their luggage. The attendant was nice enough to give us a Buick Lucerne.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #187
tkldisney
DIS Veteran

Question

We have mid-size SUV reserved. Does anyone know if they have any type of cover so luggage isn't in the open? Also do they ever have cars in this section or always SUV?
tkldisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #188
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkldisney View Post
We have mid-size SUV reserved. Does anyone know if they have any type of cover so luggage isn't in the open? Also do they ever have cars in this section or always SUV?
No, they do not have covers. No, they have SUV's there. If they happen to be out of SUV's at the moment, they will refer you to Alamo.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #189
tkldisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
No, they do not have covers. No, they have SUV's there. If they happen to be out of SUV's at the moment, they will refer you to Alamo.
Thank you!
tkldisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #190
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Using the luggage rack? If I manage a minivan with a luggage rack, are there bungee cords available or do we have to bring our own? Normally we put the stroller on the roof when we are tight for space, so was wondering if it's possible to do this with a rental too? We are only 4 adults and 2 little ones (one with a booster and one w/out a booster). With the luggage it may be tight. We manage in our Explorer on the way to the airport. Just wondering if we should pack the bungee cords to use on the rental. Normally we wouldn't even consider it as we only have to make it to the resort, but we are cruising, so have to make it to the port and back to the resort, so will have the luggage with us more than usual. We were not going to bring the stroller, but my DD thinks she may need it to keep the whining down. We are still exploring our options. I would appreicate any first hand experiences usuing the luggage rack on a rental vehicle. GMEH1 are you out there?

Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #191
TheMick424
Earning My Ears

Quick question: How do I add my husband as an additional driver to my rental? I am an Emerald Club member and my understanding is that there is no charge to have him as an additional driver. However, I cannot find a way online to add him. I would really like to avoid the counter, as that defeats the purpose of using Emerald Club (as Alamo is currently cheaper).

Any thoughts?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #192
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Using the luggage rack? If I manage a minivan with a luggage rack, are there bungee cords available or do we have to bring our own? Normally we put the stroller on the roof when we are tight for space, so was wondering if it's possible to do this with a rental too? We are only 4 adults and 2 little ones (one with a booster and one w/out a booster). With the luggage it may be tight. We manage in our Explorer on the way to the airport. Just wondering if we should pack the bungee cords to use on the rental. Normally we wouldn't even consider it as we only have to make it to the resort, but we are cruising, so have to make it to the port and back to the resort, so will have the luggage with us more than usual. We were not going to bring the stroller, but my DD thinks she may need it to keep the whining down. We are still exploring our options. I would appreicate any first hand experiences usuing the luggage rack on a rental vehicle. GMEH1 are you out there?
There will not be bungee cords with the rental.

(And there are rarely luggage racks... extras like that tend not to make rental cars in large numbers)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #193
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep, I am here. We do not supply tied downs for the luggage racks and I am not sure about even using them. You can drop the single third row seat on the Dodge or Chrysler mini van to make more room. As to using the luggage rack, I am going to defer and ask you call National and see what the policy is. Wish I could help you more on this one. Have a GREAT, safe and fun trip!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #194
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMick424 View Post
Quick question: How do I add my husband as an additional driver to my rental? I am an Emerald Club member and my understanding is that there is no charge to have him as an additional driver. However, I cannot find a way online to add him. I would really like to avoid the counter, as that defeats the purpose of using Emerald Club (as Alamo is currently cheaper).

Any thoughts?
You can add an additional driver at the exit booth. Correct there is no charge for spouses as long as they have a license and credit card in their name and have the same address (don't laugh, we get the "this is my spouse" all the time with different addresses, so, I thought I would toss this info in.)
Another FYI, if you join Insiders, additional drivers are free. Alamo and National are owned by Enterprise, we share the cars. So, I would go with what is the least expensive.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #195
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
There will not be bungee cords with the rental.

(And there are rarely luggage racks... extras like that tend not to make rental cars in large numbers)
The towne and country and caravans have the side rails, but, I am completely unsure of how they are used.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: