Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #151
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkTink78 View Post
Arrived this morning about 9am. Emerald isle was full.... Of malibus, impalas, maximas. 1 Mazda and 1 2door Nissan sentra and 1 vw passat. We took the passat. It's ok. Break is touchy. But trunk is huge!

Nothing special. No vans and no SUVS
The Nissan two door was an Altima. I don't think Nissan makes a 2 door Sentra and I definitely have not seen one on the lot. Also, I have never seen a Sentra on the EA or Exec.A.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #152
disneymom1
Mouseketeer

Any new reports? I'll be picking up on EA on Thursday
disneymom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #153
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1 View Post
Any new reports? I'll be picking up on EA on Thursday
Pretty much midsize and mostly full size. Nothing fancy and nothing other than what has been previously reported in the line of full size cars. It has been very busy these days and if you are hoping for anything other than a midsize or full size, you will probably be disappointed.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #154
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Just got back. After all the talk of SUV's and vans, I was shocked that there were none when we arrived on 3/22. It was full of Impala's, Altima's and Maxima's. We chose one of 3 Dodge Chargers. We liked the car and the trunk fit all of our baggage.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #155
wdwluv
I only like the snow on Main Street U.S.A.

Have used EA many times

We have had an HHR many times. Last time we were there we saw a Kia soul or Nissan Cube but had 5 in our group and thought it would be too small. Anyone know what class these cars are considered. There are only three of us travelling this time and I'm kinda hoping for the Soul or Cube this time. Looks like a fun(or funny) car to drive. Also, we arrive after 9pm in mid may coming in so late does that mean EA will be empty or stocked full of good cars?
wdwluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #156
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwluv View Post
We have had an HHR many times. Last time we were there we saw a Kia soul or Nissan Cube but had 5 in our group and thought it would be too small. Anyone know what class these cars are considered. There are only three of us travelling this time and I'm kinda hoping for the Soul or Cube this time. Looks like a fun(or funny) car to drive. Also, we arrive after 9pm in mid may coming in so late does that mean EA will be empty or stocked full of good cars?
Those are compact cars. We don't have them on the EA. We also rarely have the HHR on the EA. Your arrival time means that there will be cars, stocked full? Depends on the supply and demand on that day. All our cars are "good". Does it mean you will get something more than a full size? Probably not.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #157
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniehar90 View Post
Just got back. After all the talk of SUV's and vans, I was shocked that there were none when we arrived on 3/22. It was full of Impala's, Altima's and Maxima's. We chose one of 3 Dodge Chargers. We liked the car and the trunk fit all of our baggage.
thursdays are slow days, so, it is not suprising all you found were what was supposed to be there. Mid size and above, in your case, there was one Premium on that aisle. The Maxima.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #158
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
thursdays are slow days, so, it is not suprising all you found were what was supposed to be there. Mid size and above, in your case, there was one Premium on that aisle. The Maxima.
Thats good to know!

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #159
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Haven't used EA since I turned Executive with National. Does the Executive aisle typically have SUVs?

We will have a LATE arrival (after 11pm) on a Friday. Not that we won't fit in a mid-size or bigger but I'm hoping to get something with some room.
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #160
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Haven't used EA since I turned Executive with National. Does the Executive aisle typically have SUVs?

We will have a LATE arrival (after 11pm) on a Friday. Not that we won't fit in a mid-size or bigger but I'm hoping to get something with some room.
Typically, no. You can expect a full size or better for the midsize price. Again, it all depends on how busy we are.
Congrats on your Executive status!!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #161
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Typically, no. You can expect a full size or better for the midsize price. Again, it all depends on how busy we are.
Congrats on your Executive status!!
Thanks! I know nothing is a guarantee It is October so hopefully "off-season" will give me a little bit of an edge.

Executive is great. Using it in Vegas in 3 weeks and hoping for a convertable
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #162
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Thanks! I know nothing is a guarantee It is October so hopefully "off-season" will give me a little bit of an edge.

Executive is great. Using it in Vegas in 3 weeks and hoping for a convertable
Actually, the less busy we are the more likely you will see full size cars and that is about all. The more busy we are tends to pull anything to keep the aisle full, but NO guarantees...ok?. Tonight that included Camaros, converts, some cross overs, small Suvs. We have over 1300 cars go out today, it was crazy.
Good luck on the convertable in 3 weeks. I don't know how the aisle works in Vegas. But, if it is anything like Orlando, they tend NOT to put converts out on either aisle unless they are in "crazy mode".
Old 04-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #163
dennise
DIS Veteran

We are there at 11 tonight, this is our first National rental. Hope all goes well.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #164
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennise View Post
We are there at 11 tonight, this is our first National rental. Hope all goes well.
I will be there too!!! I hope it goes well and you have a GREAT vacation.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #165
WDW LifeLong Fan
DIS Veteran

About a week ago we picked up a GMC Terrain from the EA.

We were really surprised at the selection.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: