Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #136
nacho113
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
nacho, way to go. Don't think i could of not taken that mustange.
I actually had a convertible booked from TPA but we had plane trouble in the morning and ended up being redirected to MCO. I booked EA @ $97 for the week (less the $35 EC coupon) and ended up with the Infiniti. A couple of minutes more and we would have driven out with the Mustang, but the shiny red G37 came around the corner just as we were loading ... couldn't resist. Never going to own one of those, not on my salary anyway
nacho113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #137
NJmouse
DIS Veteran

Has anyone rented a standard SUV or Crossover SUV from National? Are they all on the same aisle or does each one have its own aisle. Wondering if they are in the Minivan aisle.
NJmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #138
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmouse View Post
Has anyone rented a standard SUV or Crossover SUV from National? Are they all on the same aisle or does each one have its own aisle. Wondering if they are in the Minivan aisle.
Crossovers are with the standard SUVs and minivans are with minivans, they do not have their own row, but, they do have their own sections within the non Emerald rows.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #139
NJmouse
DIS Veteran

Thanks gmeh1. My friend is bringing her scooter. Trying to decide if it will fit in a crossover with 4 pieces of luggage. We had a Dodge Caravan last year only because we reserved a full size car and there were none left and the attendant told us to take the Caravan we know the scooter will fit in there without taking it apart. Just wondering if it will fit in a crossover or standard SUV with the luggage. The minivan is costing me $860 right now for 10 days that is alot.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #140
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks gmeh1. My friend is bringing her scooter. Trying to decide if it will fit in a crossover with 4 pieces of luggage. We had a Dodge Caravan last year only because we reserved a full size car and there were none left and the attendant told us to take the Caravan we know the scooter will fit in there without taking it apart. Just wondering if it will fit in a crossover or standard SUV with the luggage. The minivan is costing me $860 right now for 10 days that is alot.
I really don't think a crossover is going to work for you, not to sure about the SUV either. Not sure when you are going, but, it looks like a mini van or a full size SUV would be the way to go, but, with the full size SUV, you have the height of the vehicle to cope with, difficult for someone who uses a scooter to get into, same with the SUV or crossover.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #141
NJmouse
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info we are flying in on April 19th leaving the 28th...the height is not going to be a problem she has copd walking for a long time she gets out of breath but climbing into a SUV will be fine.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #142
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info we are flying in on April 19th leaving the 28th...the height is not going to be a problem she has copd walking for a long time she gets out of breath but climbing into a SUV will be fine.
I really don't think that a SUV will work for you unless you go to something like a Tahoe or Surburban. I am glad she can get into a SUV, but, hiking a scooter in the back of one of these vehicles can be a pain and I am not sure they will have enough room even if you don't mind lifting the scooter.
I agree, the minivan has quite a high price, but, you have over a month to keep on looking to see if the rate will drop.
Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy your vacation.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #143
Escapecar
Earning My Ears

Just a quick thanks to all the good folks at National/Alamo.

The only car in the Premium aisle at National on 3/10 was, as expected, a tired-looking Crown Vic. The attendant directed me to Alamo in hopes of finding something better, but they were completely out of Premiums over there...so the manager said "take a luxury, same price." So we rolled out of there in a fully-loaded Chrysler 300 with under 700 miles on it. Nice!

I've been a Hertz Gold customer for a long time, but I think National is going to get more of my business going forward....
Escapecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #144
pinkteacup
Earning My Ears

We leave on Tuesday. Has anyone been on the aisle recently and seen the selection.
TIA
Lisa
Old 03-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #145
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

We picked up a car from National in Orlando today after our flight in on Southwest so I think it was on the A side about 3 pm. Lots of mid sized cars on the Emerald Aisle. DH was looking over the vehicles on the aisle & an attendant was bringing in a new Dodge Caravan. He asked them if he could have the vehicle & was told yes. So we got a van for a mid-size vehicle price for the week! Only 13 miles on the van. Great start to our vacation!
ttfn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #146
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn3 View Post
We picked up a car from National in Orlando today after our flight in on Southwest so I think it was on the A side about 3 pm. Lots of mid sized cars on the Emerald Aisle. DH was looking over the vehicles on the aisle & an attendant was bringing in a new Dodge Caravan. He asked them if he could have the vehicle & was told yes. So we got a van for a mid-size vehicle price for the week! Only 13 miles on the van. Great start to our vacation!
I am glad you were happy with the minivan. Most customers are less than pleased when they see one on the EA or Executive Aisle. Of course, last night, most of the customers wanted something larger than a full size and there were no minivans or SUVs on the aisles.

I keep on saying this and will continue to say this. BOOK WHAT YOU NEED!!!
Don't bet on having what you need on the EA. When you book an EC reservation you are GURANTEED AT LEAST A MIDSIZE car. If you get more than that, great. If you are an EMERALD EXEC. level you are GURANTEED AT LEAST A FULL SIZE, if you get more than that great.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #147
ardiwine
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what the car options available typically for Premium and Luxury?

Is it valid that as an Executive Elite ordering a Premium car, you would get an upgrade to Luxury ?
ardiwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #148
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardiwine View Post
Does anyone know what the car options available typically for Premium and Luxury?

Is it valid that as an Executive Elite ordering a Premium car, you would get an upgrade to Luxury ?
The options listed on the description under vehicles on National's car list is what they have. They may have added features, however, with a number of different cars, it is impossible to list them, not to mention time consuming.
No, it is not true you would get an auto upgrade to Luxury. You would get what you booked, a Premium car reserved under an Emerald Reserve Reservation. I am sure, however, if you wished to upgrade and pay the difference, that could be arranged.

Last edited by gmeh1; 03-26-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #149
TinkTink78
DIS Veteran

Arrived this morning about 9am. Emerald isle was full.... Of malibus, impalas, maximas. 1 Mazda and 1 2door Nissan sentra and 1 vw passat. We took the passat. It's ok. Break is touchy. But trunk is huge!

Nothing special. No vans and no SUVS
Daisy

Trips to Disney
'83 Off site**12/96 Sheraton Vistana**5/00 MAGIC Disney Cruise/CBR**10/01 All Star Sports**5/04 Pre Wedding Trip Off Site**11/04 PoP/AKL**12/04 MVMCP-PoP**11/05 Disney Wonder/POR**4/08 Hilton DTD**7/08 Off site Villa trip**5/09 1st solo trip - Orlando World Center Marriott**9/09 POR**1/10 PoP**09/10 PoP**01/12 CBR, upgraded to BWI**3/12 POP**5/12 First 5K Expedition Everest Challenge All Star Sports**6/12 PoP**9/12 All Star Sports**10/12 All Star Music**2/13 PoP**5/13 PoP**10/13 All Star Movies**

Dis'ers are allowed to change their resorts
TinkTink78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #150
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkTink78 View Post
Arrived this morning about 9am. Emerald isle was full.... Of malibus, impalas, maximas. 1 Mazda and 1 2door Nissan sentra and 1 vw passat. We took the passat. It's ok. Break is touchy. But trunk is huge!

Nothing special. No vans and no SUVS
Thanks for your update! Have a great trip!

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: