Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #76
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

I put away all the Christmas stuff this weekend, and while doing so, I realized that there was so much that I never put up this year. A lot of it I bought when we were first married just to help fill up the tree, but now we have 3 kids and all their ornaments fill it up plenty! So I donated the plain glass balls to our church, since they like to do different color schemes every year and hadn't yet done the colors I had. The rest of it, I bagged up and have ready for the next charity pickup. I was able to consolidate our stuff into fewer boxes to put back in storage, which made DH very happy. I think I am going to start on he kids' play room next week. They got so much for Christmas, they are having trouble finding spots for everything, so I think it is time to clear out some of the less-loved toys to make homes for their new things.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #77
rhonda_2003
Mouseketeer

Still going strong here.... I have several more baskets full of stuff to sell and almost one full of stuff to donate. I made $80 yesterday selling almost a full basket of kids' toys/clothes. I finally sold the changing table that has been in my living room ever since my son jumped off of it at Thanksgiving and broke his arm. I moved it to the living room from his room as soon as we got home from the ER so it had been there a while! We have a big children's consignment event coming up in April that I need to go through the kids' summer clothes for and for the first time, they are doing an adult event the following week. It seems to take forever to get everything tagged and ready so I am going to try to start early this year.

I have kept my kitchen counters decluttered for well over a week now! That is probably a record! And my little boy's room is still clean and picked up since everything has a place. He's two and quickly learning to put everything back where it goes Makes for a happy mommy!

OKW-May 2012-with all four of us plus 5 of our friends
CSR-Dec 2011-DS's first trip
POFQ-June 2009-DD's first trip; I was 6 months pregnant too!
CBR-Mar 2003-Our honeymoon....worst trip in history!
Several off-site visits as a kid
rhonda_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #78
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I bought two plastic tubs today. I cleaned out a section of one of my hall closets and another one in the 2nd closet. There were a few empty boxes dh saved that were just taking up spaces. I tossed those. Threw out a few things. I have a huge pile of stuff in my extra room that needs to be sold.
My goal this weekend is to organize the main hall closet. Theres a few things that will go in the trash box and get rid of box. I'm so surprised at some of the junk thats taking up space. i found several different color party streamers from years ago- to crinkled to use. I also found some of dd's 1st birthday party unsed bags- she just turned 13-lol! The list goes on. I also found some brand new x-mas gifts i bought for dd when she was younger, that i forgot to wrap and give her-lol! I plan on giving those to my 2 year old goddaughter she will like the disney princess stuff.

I just wish the rest of the family was on board. It would make decluttering so much easier.

Goals
- try to do one room or spot per week or when i'm bored
-start posting larger items on craigs list
-next month have a yardsale
Old 01-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #79
TwinPrincessMama
Mouseketeer

I just moved and I wish I had several months to pack because I just brought all the clutter over here. It's a much smaller house so things have got to go. I've got a attic so that's going to be temp storage but I eventually want the only things up there to be empty electronic boxes, and out of season clothes.

The plan for tonight is to get 90% of the boxes downstairs unpacked or at least moved upstairs because when my ex was here 3 weeks ago the downstairs was full of boxes and I need to show a little progress.

This weekend I wanna tackle laundry. I have a huge amount of laundry here and even more at my parents.
TwinPrincessMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #80
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
I bought two plastic tubs today. I cleaned out a section of one of my hall closets and another one in the 2nd closet. There were a few empty boxes dh saved that were just taking up spaces. I tossed those. Threw out a few things. I have a huge pile of stuff in my extra room that needs to be sold.
My goal this weekend is to organize the main hall closet. Theres a few things that will go in the trash box and get rid of box. I'm so surprised at some of the junk thats taking up space. i found several different color party streamers from years ago- to crinkled to use. I also found some of dd's 1st birthday party unsed bags- she just turned 13-lol! The list goes on. I also found some brand new x-mas gifts i bought for dd when she was younger, that i forgot to wrap and give her-lol! I plan on giving those to my 2 year old goddaughter she will like the disney princess stuff.

I just wish the rest of the family was on board. It would make decluttering so much easier.

Goals
- try to do one room or spot per week or when i'm bored
-start posting larger items on craigs list
-next month have a yardsale
I cleaned out another bag of junk...valance, blanket, paper,hairbands etc. Plus dh took out a large garbage bag and 1/2 of trash that came out of the big hall closet.

I had to stop because my allergies have been acting up and my chest is feeling it. The big hall closet has lots of dust in the high shelves.

I opened the bottom section of our den entertainment center(this is dh's junk) there was dust and i said forget it! I need to go buy a mask because the dust will have me in urgentcare.

Tomorrows goals are
- the livingroom sofa table drawers Completed
- the bar cabinet in the diningroom ( no liquor just junk) Completed
- finish up the last of the big hall closetdreading-lol

Last edited by dreamin_disney; 01-21-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: completed goal list
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #81
ryem's mom
Counting down the days

More out the door.

Went through the pile of clothes to iron. They sat in a basket since last fall. I would only pull out and iron exactlly what I needed to wear. LOL. Found out that 2/3 of the clothes in the basket are clothes we dont wear anymore. Out the door. 7 bags of clothes ready to donate!!!!

Also went through the sock basket and matched up socks!!! I hate this job, but I was able to throw out a bunch with holes!!!

ryem's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #82
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

Can I jump on the destashing bandwagon? I just finished a big project for work, so I feel like I finally have time to concentrate on some projects around the house.

DD6 and I worked on her closet today. She is a good little organizer! We filled a couple grocery bags of stuff to donate or sell. DD9's room, on the other hand, will require a little more work. She is a "saver." Hopefully we can dive in there after lunch. She really wants to repaint/rearrange, so I told her we have to clean out EVERYTHING before we can do that.
poohfriend77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #83
TwinPrincessMama
Mouseketeer

Ok so I didnt get most of the downstairs clean but I did get a good enough chunk of it that I wasn't completely embarrassed when the ex got here. Goal this weekend: Laundry. It's 2pm so I better get started.
TwinPrincessMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #84
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

I also have a weekend goal of doing all the laundry! We're just two adults right now, I have no clue how it stacks up so quickly!

This past week I spent some time in our guest room. It will soon be the nursery, and my DH and I had been storing some things in the drawers and closet that I wanted to go through and get out of there. I had no idea how much stuff was in those drawers! I have a huge box of stuff to give to a friend, a huge box of stuff to list on ebay when it gets warmer, and a pile of stuff to list on ebay this week.
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #85
charming23
DIS Veteran

I have been sick on and off all week (cold/allergies) and did not get as much done as I had hoped to. I did however clean out the bathroom closet. I got rid of any expired item and any item we were no longer using. I have been doing some couponing to stock up on the products that we actually do use, so it is nice to have room in there again.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #86
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMama View Post
Ok so I didnt get most of the downstairs clean but I did get a good enough chunk of it that I wasn't completely embarrassed when the ex got here. Goal this weekend: Laundry. It's 2pm so I better get started.
Laundry day for me will be tomorrow. This is one area that I'm trying to organize. I usually do my and dd's clothes together. Dh's cltohes seperate. DD is a newly teen and has so much clothes. I dont have a laundry room. The washer and dyer are in the garage which also needs to be decluttered. Well I would love to hear ideas how you all hold dirty laundy for a family. I have a basket next to my amour in my bedroom and another pile next to my dresser dawer. Dh has his dity clothes piled up in his closet on the floor which he cant close the door. Dd has a basket in her room but its so full it usually spills over to the floor. We do laundry everyweek. DD -has a bad habbit of trying on clothes and then she she mixes the clean clothes into her dirty clothes in the basket when i tell her to clean up the clothes on the floor.
I saw some of those large kitchen plastic trash cans and was thinking of buying those one for
color, darks and whites but would have to store it in the garage. need tips on what ya'll do. I just dont want any laundy baskets seen full of dirty clothes or piles of clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohfriend77 View Post
Can I jump on the destashing bandwagon? I just finished a big project for work, so I feel like I finally have time to concentrate on some projects around the house.

DD6 and I worked on her closet today. She is a good little organizer! We filled a couple grocery bags of stuff to donate or sell. DD9's room, on the other hand, will require a little more work. She is a "saver." Hopefully we can dive in there after lunch. She really wants to repaint/rearrange, so I told her we have to clean out EVERYTHING before we can do that.
When dd was lil we would do the same thing. She did have trouble letting go of stuff. I'd tell her things we sale at the yardsale the $$ would go towards her room and she'd love it-lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming23 View Post
I have been sick on and off all week (cold/allergies) and did not get as much done as I had hoped to. I did however clean out the bathroom closet. I got rid of any expired item and any item we were no longer using. I have been doing some couponing to stock up on the products that we actually do use, so it is nice to have room in there again.
I went through my medicine cabinet and found so much expired meds. Luckily it was meds we usually dont take like imodium md, thera flu, x-lax, digestive medicine, lact- aide, and old RX's, fiber powders, etc a grocery bag full of it. I was shocked. I found some cute baskets at .99 store. 1 for current rx or meds taken daily, 1 basket for cold/cough meds we might be needing or use more and a 3rd basket for those meds we hardly use but good to have just incase

dh has been sitting on his recliner allday watching tv and it drove me nuts. dd's been listening to music and on computer, she's fighting a cough and cold. Its hard to stay motivated when everyone else is just lounging. We have a ceiling fan that we bought in nov or dec and its still sitting in the box. Told dh to put it up and he didnt. I cant wait to declutter that darn large box in my dining area.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #87
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Looks like everyone is doing a great job!!

We're just back from WDW and managed to bring home minimal new things. I'm pretty surprised actually. I'm taking a break from unpacking and realized I'm only putting away clothes...and they are the clothes we brought with us! LOL

"No, you already spent your money.", really is a magic phrase!

I've got to get caught up on real life that I put on hold for a week but then back to declutter/downsize mode.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #88
weluvdizne
Mouseketeer

Making lots of progress around here as of late! woo hoo!!! took 2 bags to donate today. trash going out tonight. hoping to get a bit more to add to the can.

Noticed that somebody else is doing a kids resale in April, so are we. First one for me to sell at. Only been a shopper in the past. Have some big things to get rid of. Looking forward to the extra $$$.

Great job everyone! Keep it up!

weluvdizne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #89
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

I cleaned my dresser drawers....why on earth I had so much stuff in there that I couldn't put away my current clothing is beyond me! Maybe I was afraid I'd gain all the weight back, but really I am a size large, think I might catch it before I got back to a 24!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #90
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

To the person looking for laundry tips for a family, I do a load nearly every day. That way, you never fall behind and theoretically need less clothes. I have one hamper and everything for the 5 of us goes in it. I do not sepaate whites/colors, etc., but i will do DH's work clothes together so they don't wrinkle. I usually do the washing/folding and DH puts it away. The key for me is to never fall behind.
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: