Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #46
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

My contract work has really slowed down, so I need to do something productive instead of feeling sorry for myself, or worse, spending money we do not have! Our church is having a rummage sale in April, so I have a deadline for decluttering.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #47
hffmnheidi
Mouseketeer

Well, I have been 'ordering' into decluttering the office/scrapbooking room in the house.

The room is being painted and my dad is laying new floor, so everything had to come out and there are 15 boxes of stuff from both sides in addition to my scrapbooking boxes and storage containers. Where and when did this happen??? Nothing is going back in the room unless it has a purpose because it was a pain in the butt to pack it all up and then stand back and look at it all.

All Star Movies 2002
Disneyland Candy Cane Inn 2003
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006
Port Orleans French Quarter 2007
Carribean Beach Resort 2008

Upcoming....
2011 Coronado Springs
hffmnheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #48
Arielt
Earning My Ears

I'm SO in!

DD is now 11 and we have 5-6 HUGE tubs of clothes that I am going thru for our yard sale in a few months. We thought we were going to have another baby but decided that one was enough. Now I have the daunting task of pricing every piece of clothing. So far I have gone thru one tub and have about $100 priced (and I am practically giving this stuff away!). All the money we make will towards our next Disney trip!

Next I will go thru my DD's closet again then mine. Also, have half a garage full of stuff that I need to go thru since we moved 2 years ago.

Happy destashing to all!!
Off site Sept '07
DH 41 Me 40 DD 10
Arielt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #49
Priorityonecb
DIS Veteran

I've commited to one cabinet/closet a week! Not a lofty goal I know, but it's about all I can manage! Today I did the coat closet. I took out one bag of trash and one bag for Goodwill. Last week I did my walk in closet, three bags to Goodwill!
Priorityonecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #50
charming23
DIS Veteran

I worked on a small project today. I got our front hall closet cleaned out. It was were all my dad's photography stuff was and I have a whole box of stuff for my friend (who is a photographer) to go through.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #51
rhonda_2003
Mouseketeer

I took the 3 laundry baskets full of stuff that I got out of my 2 year olds to a lady at work that wanted to go through them. She offered me $60 for it all and I took it! So 3 boxes gone, plus $ towards either our May trip or my student loans. Either way, it's a win

OKW-May 2012-with all four of us plus 5 of our friends
CSR-Dec 2011-DS's first trip
POFQ-June 2009-DD's first trip; I was 6 months pregnant too!
CBR-Mar 2003-Our honeymoon....worst trip in history!
Several off-site visits as a kid
rhonda_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #52
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Count me in. We live on a ranch and have not only household items but also a barn and shed.

We will find out Wednesday if we are moving to Europe for 2 years. If we do get the contract everything needs to go. If not, I need to do a major destash.

Today I sold my patio set, fabric and some patterns. I made $80 going towards the moving fund for now.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #53
Tweevil
Twin Evils....

I just went through the kitchen cabinets - I didn't realize how much non perishable expired stuff I had. Horrible! I have to be more mindful when purchasing stuff. That and old plastic containers and other stuff mounted to 2 large trashbags on the curb.

I have more to do in there but am taking a break.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #54
ryem's mom
Counting down the days

I went through two kitchen cupboards today. My pots and pan cupboards was a wreck. I got new pans for Christmas so I was excited to put them away and get rid of the old ones. The second cupboard has bowls, tupperware, and travel mugs in it. My daughter and I matched up the bowls or travel mugs with the mugs. Got to throw out a big bag of lids that didn't match anything. YEAH!!!! One cupboard at a time.

ryem's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #55
4 Ears
previously 8 Ears

Today I did some minor destashing. Tossed some backs of earrings, a bracelet, put into the donate pile a watch and some artificial rose petals I was going to do something with.

Not destashing but reorginzed my jewlery for something more suited for the camper
4 Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #56
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I think I need in on this thread. To walk through my house you wouldn't see much clutter, and everything appears to have a place.
But heaven forbid you open half of the closets
They are full of stuff that just needs to GO.
There's a junk drawer in the kitchen that needs to be dejunked.
My dh just converted the spare bedroom into an office. It's not too bad but there's things we were storing in there that need to go. And the garage!! Argh. It's like the catch all for anything that doesn't have a home.

So... 4 closets, kitchen junk drawer, upstairs bathroom drawers, office and garage need decluttering. More than that, they need permanent storage organizers etc, so that they have a system. The garage would be completely fine if it had some shelves and hooks for things.

Bathroom drawers can be done in about an hour so I'll start there in the morning. I can commit to getting that done tomorrow. I'd also like the garage done by the end of the month. That will probably take an entire day.

ETA) I spent the entire afternoon putting away Christmas decor, taking down the outdoor lights, and packing it all away nicely. That wasn't too bad. What was a nightmare was taking the tree out the front door. Needles EVERYWHERE. I think I got them all, but I had to move furniture, sweep and sweep and sweep, and then since everything was pulled out, I washed all the floors. Everything looks great, but I am highly considering a fake tree next year.

Last edited by pigletto; 01-08-2012 at 07:18 PM.
pigletto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #57
ryem's mom
Counting down the days

Dropped 3 bags of clothes off to the Salvation Army box at my local grocery store. It is so convenient to have the box there. I know that I don't get a receipt for taxes, but I think I save more in gas and time by dropping them off at the store.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #58
kinntj
DIS Veteran

I'm signing in for a new year of destashing. I cleaned quite a big last year, but the cycle continues.

Yesterday I got rid of 2 grocery plastic sacks full of stuff from our pantry. I could barely walk in there due to cardboard, plastic and other junk on the floor. It's a walk in pantry I couldn't walk into. Now I can!

Next is the upstairs linen closets (3 of them). I'm not looking forward to these at all. I believe there will lots of donations in there.

Keep up the good work and lead a clutter free life!

We're back from our June 2014 Aulani trip!

Currently reading: 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
2014 Book challenge: 12
Insurgent, Allegiant, Eat Sleep Move, Unbroken,
kinntj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #59
ryem's mom
Counting down the days

Got my husband to go through his clothes today. I have 4 more bags of clothes to go to Salvation Army. I will be able to finish the master bedroom tomorrow. 1 babystep at a time!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #60
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Just did some organizing that lead to some destashing - so excited.

dtr_angel is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: