Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #511
rhonda_2003
Mouseketeer

long way to go

Completely cleaned out my little boy's room. Got two boxes of clothes and toys to sell on my FB yard sale site. My daughter's room is in desperate need of a cleaning/decluttering and I've told her no Christmas decorating in there until it is done. She is mad over that, so hopefully we can get in there tomorrow after church and start working. We have Thanksgiving at the in-laws today, so I've got to finish cooking my part of things and get ready to go. No time for decluttering today.

We put the new Christmas tree together last night, but haven't dug out the decorations yet. I am going to sell any decorations that we haven't used in the last couple of years. No sense in keeping them if we aren't using them.

Really, really need to work on our master bedroom, but I always leave that til last so it never gets done. I really want that finished before Christmas.

OKW-May 2012-with all four of us plus 5 of our friends
CSR-Dec 2011-DS's first trip
POFQ-June 2009-DD's first trip; I was 6 months pregnant too!
CBR-Mar 2003-Our honeymoon....worst trip in history!
Several off-site visits as a kid
rhonda_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #512
TI double-GUH ER
Mouseketeer

Wow! I'm impressed!
I haven't been able to get much done here. I got rid of another pair of shoes that I never wore, and 2 shirts, but that's it. I tried to schedule a pick up for the stuff I've set aside, but the earliest anyone could come out was Dec18!! Too long -- so I'll have to drop it off myself somewhere.

You are inspiring me to try to get something done this week!!
TI double-GUH ER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #513
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI double-GUH ER View Post
Wow! I'm impressed!
I haven't been able to get much done here. I got rid of another pair of shoes that I never wore, and 2 shirts, but that's it. I tried to schedule a pick up for the stuff I've set aside, but the earliest anyone could come out was Dec18!! Too long -- so I'll have to drop it off myself somewhere.

You are inspiring me to try to get something done this week!!
I'm sitting here surfing the net while dh is watching football so I decided to check thie dis MB and rading your post just inspired me to go straighten up my bedroom-lol!

I wanted to organize the pantry and the new island cabinet dh bought but He's not sure if he's going to changeout he handles. I'm amazed he already put it together must be because I told him it will be completed in a month cause that how long he will take- I used reverse psychology on him -lol! in his book he completed quick to prove me wrong-lol!

I'll be back to post what I get rid of in my bedroom
Old 11-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #514
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

We've got our house decorated for Christmas inside and out. That means that we totally cleaned before decorating and I threw out broken decorations as I came across them. We also cleaned the fridge. The house looks awesome and I'm feeling like we accomplished so much this weekend

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #515
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

purged 2 sets of dishes, a box of kids books and some clothes.

Hopefully DH will take 2 weeks off at Christmas and we can get some stuff done in the basement.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #516
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
We've got our house decorated for Christmas inside and out. That means that we totally cleaned before decorating and I threw out broken decorations as I came across them. We also cleaned the fridge. The house looks awesome and I'm feeling like we accomplished so much this weekend

Dh put up our xmas lights and I wanted to put up the tree but dd's bday is coming up. The forecast shows rain so dh said no tree because we might need the extra space indoors for guest. W might even have to move the couches so we can put tables inside. I sure hope it doesnt rain!!!

I will be giving the fridge a good cleaning along with the stove grides. I also want to clean the stove burners so I need to look up what type of amonia to use someone fromt this board mentiond it.

Cleaned the master bedroom and removed 4 pairs of pants. I need to go through my undergarment and sock drawer and removed 1 grocery bag of trash.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #517
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Sorted my knitting/sewing/fabric bin. Got rid of 9 patterns and one skein of yarn. The rest went into a cabinet so I emptied a show box size bin and a large plastic bin, which cleared off a shelf in the basement.

Sorted games and puzzles, got rid on one game and have a few more to go. But was able to condense and reorganize what we have and emptied 1 shelf in my Besta cabinet. WOOHOO!!

And DH did get the 2 weeks off so we are going to do some major end of the year purging.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #518
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I just got rid of 4 pairs of shoes. 2 pairs of adults and 2 pairs of girls shoes and made some money I alnmost got rid of another pair but I forgot it at home

It just motivated me to go organize my big pile of CL items to sell. I have some pictures i need to take and post.

My goal for the weekend
-shredd paper- completed. got rid of 1 1/2 pullout trash can that comes w/shredder
-organize CL pile into boxes by category
-take pics for CL
I also got rid of a small trash can of mail inserts, envelopes and trash. I also cleared the scrap of papers on my office table. I also had dh get rid of his newspapers that he throws under our glasstop den coffee table(drives me nuts) I have a decorative box under the glass top that hold coupons. I told dh if he is going to get the paper he needs to toss it out or stack it in a nice pile cause i'm tired of it all scattered under the glass table top . I also got rid of 13 old empty RX pill bottles

anyone decluttering or organizing tonight??? Its rainy here so staying home

Last edited by dreamin_disney; 12-01-2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: update of completed list
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #519
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreUT View Post
Wish I had seen this thread earlier, for some moral support! In August, I was faced with cleaning out 50 years of accumulation at my parents' home and decided I was crazy not to attack my own, too. Still have lots to do for my mother's house, but I have been "apprenticing" at my own home, first. With the help of a couple of great kids, I have cleaned out a literal couple of truckloads of "stuff" from the basement and garage that travelled straight to the dump. Determined to make my life less stressful, sacks and sacks, boxes and boxes of "things" went directly to Goodwill or SA. Other items, that I don't want to occupy my home or garage any longer, but too large for me to transport to Goodwill, were listed as free on CL and now have new homes. I feel so much better and although I still have lots to do at my parents' home, I am now energized to get it finished and move forward. Thanks, again, for all the inspiring stories. I read this thread until early-thirty this morning, feeling so good that others are doing the same as I.

PS I especially appreciated the "got rid of the wedding dress" post. I have been wondering what I should do with mine and now I have some confirmation that it is just an out-of-date dress and removing it from my life is acceptable.
Wow what a job you have. Keep going you can do it!!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #520
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

Ladies keep up the great work, you're all doing an awesome job!!

Destashing/decluttering the bedrooms and closets this fall sure has helped keep the house clean.

I just pulled out all of the Christmas stuff. I would like to purge about half. Anyone have any tips on this?? Seems like I always have a hard time with the Christmas stuff, I'm so sentimental about ornaments etc from years past.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #521
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever a Princess View Post
I just pulled out all of the Christmas stuff. I would like to purge about half. Anyone have any tips on this?? Seems like I always have a hard time with the Christmas stuff, I'm so sentimental about ornaments etc from years past.
Ornaments were hard for me too but the kids each have a tote of ornaments they get from us and the grands. But what I did was tossed anything that hadn't been used in years. That was actually easier than I thought it would be. I then divided up the ornaments from our first tree and put them in the kids totes.
Antique ornaments are going into a holiday display.

Tim Holtz makes these configuration boxes and I plan to put FIL and MIL's childhood ornaments in these. One for each kid

http://shirleyhalldesigns.blogspot.c...gurations.html

We also have a tree we only use at Disney so all of those ornaments are in a tote.

I actually started with the easier stuff. Messed up bags, boxes, tissue, wrapping paper. Etc. That helped get things moving.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #522
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever a Princess View Post
Wow what a job you have. Keep going you can do it!!
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I took six trash bags of clothes and household items to Salvation Army from my Mother's house yesterday. Felt wonderful to know I had cleaned out half a dozen closets throughout the house! I am feeling so much happier living in my own de-cluttered house; it has made cleaning out her house much easier.
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #523
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreUT View Post
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I took six trash bags of clothes and household items to Salvation Army from my Mother's house yesterday. Felt wonderful to know I had cleaned out half a dozen closets throughout the house! I am feeling so much happier living in my own de-cluttered house; it has made cleaning out her house much easier.
awesome job!!!!!! Does it feel great living with less clutter....I know I love it-lol!

I Cleaned out my bathroom cabinet and drawers. Got rid of a gorcery bag of trash and old products.

dd got rid of a grocery bag of trash from her room.

I was going to clean my bedroom and go through my basket of misc papers but dh went to bed so that will have to wait until tomorrow. Man and I was on a roll-lol!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #524
delmar411
DIS Veteran

I cleaned out the spice cabinet and spice rack yesterday and threw away expire stuff as well as random stuff that had been put in there.

I need to go through the cup cabinet again as DH has cluttered it back up.

I sucked it up and drove into YDD's room and filled 1 giant tub and 2 regular tubs full of toys from just the floor. Plus I got lots of trash out of there and scrubbed everything up and vacuumed everywhere. All her bins need to be sorted 1 by 1 but this was the best I could do today. It's really depressing and energy sucking to be in her room because she literally has thousands of toys. I have to get rid/store some of this stuff. She's also a 'crafty' kid so there are glue sticks and scissors and beads and crayons and markers and paint and STUFF just everywhere you turn!

I'll take 1 bin a day until we leave for the holidays. I think that's reasonable and should get everything back into the proper home. And I'll just pull out toys as I go along. And downsize collections. DY think that's the best way to go about it?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #525
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
I cleaned out the spice cabinet and spice rack yesterday and threw away expire stuff as well as random stuff that had been put in there.

I need to go through the cup cabinet again as DH has cluttered it back up.

I sucked it up and drove into YDD's room and filled 1 giant tub and 2 regular tubs full of toys from just the floor. Plus I got lots of trash out of there and scrubbed everything up and vacuumed everywhere. All her bins need to be sorted 1 by 1 but this was the best I could do today. It's really depressing and energy sucking to be in her room because she literally has thousands of toys. I have to get rid/store some of this stuff. She's also a 'crafty' kid so there are glue sticks and scissors and beads and crayons and markers and paint and STUFF just everywhere you turn!

I'll take 1 bin a day until we leave for the holidays. I think that's reasonable and should get everything back into the proper home. And I'll just pull out toys as I go along. And downsize collections. DY think that's the best way to go about it?
I think that's a great way to do it so you don't get overwhelmed. If you find yourself with more time/energy you can do more, but if you don't then you will still have reached your goal.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: