Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #496
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
Everyone here has inspired me too. I think sometimes we just need a lil motivation.

I hate doing yardsales so this year dh got me into Cl. I really dont like meeting strangers but the $$ comes in handy. I'm only a 10 month employee so I dont work in the summer or qualify for unemployment. This summer was pretty hard. I've had issues with my body and was having to go to Chiropractor ($45)on a weekly basis and reflexology($25) from time to time . Well i put everything on the card. Late Sept I had to cut back on my treatment since I started physical therapy($10copay) and I go to massage therapy($61) 1-2 month. I do get medical reinbursment but I have to send in paperwork and wait for the $$. IN the mean time selling on CL comes in handy.It does take patient but the extra money comes in handy.I've had things list since March. Luckily I made $90 which came in handy. It will go to my CC. I still do shop and use creditcards but treatment was killing me $$ wise. Glad I'm doing better.

As far as x-mas dh and I havent echanged gifts for 2 years. We dont need anything and enjoy spending that $$ on our Daughter. We dont go all out either its not worth getting more debt. I bought a keurig on clearance for $65 and thats our x-mas gift for us

To be honest I did have a very difficult time letting go of things but after my mom died almost 14 years ago I realize I wont be taking anything with me. The things I leave behind might be junk to my loved ones but the memories will be priceless and live on in their hearts.

So with the decluttering it helped me buy something new for the house, spending money last year when we went to Disneyland, food, dd's bday and lil gifts for dd stocking so thats why I force myself to be patient-lol!

So everyone who needs motivation put some music on and have fun decluttering. I like to listen to soothing slow music, helps me stay focus
You mean you don't talk to yourself, reinforcing the de-cluttering with continuous encouragement? lol

I have a bull terrier "help" me and we "talk" during the process. When he doesn't answer when I ask, "Should I keep this?" I take it as a "NO!" and out it goes. He is funny, though. He won't let me out of his sight and barks when I am grumbling about "others" not getting rid of their own junk.

I like music, too. Makes it go faster.
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #497
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreUT View Post
You mean you don't talk to yourself, reinforcing the de-cluttering with continuous encouragement? lol

I have a bull terrier "help" me and we "talk" during the process. When he doesn't answer when I ask, "Should I keep this?" I take it as a "NO!" and out it goes. He is funny, though. He won't let me out of his sight and barks when I am grumbling about "others" not getting rid of their own junk.

I like music, too. Makes it go faster.
I had dh take out one final box from my spare room Now the only think left is to go through my lil craft drawer, dust and organize it and vaccum and this room is offical done!

Decluttering- I found the cord to my mp3 player whoo whoo Now I can charge it up so I can use it on the treadmill. I also found some pictures of me in my younger thinner days. Decluttering and weightloss were my goals for this year. I've followed through with declutttering but not the weightloss. I read you cant lose the weight until you deal with your emotional issues. People who have so much clutter sometimes its because they cant let go of something that happened int he past. Well i just think its funny that i found the cord to the mp3 player cuz i need music to walk so these two things go hand in hand. My body , spirit and mind feel so much clear and free.

My happiness is is my dh madness-lol! Taking so much boxes to the garage he's so annoyed now-hahaha! He does like having all that crap in there but it was ok for everyone to dump their stuff in my spare room. I told him , Next we will work on the garage, My goal is to fix it up sports them and hang up dd softball jerseys and cheer outfit in frames. Dh is a dodger fan and 2 of her jersey are Angels

I hope by next summer everything will be gone from garage.But its a good feeling to walk in here and be able to relax like I'm doing now and listen to music(spare room: office/craftroom/ironing room). Dh and dd also think it looks great!

so my advice , take it easy and slow if you feel overwhelmed. I started this journey in March and Itis now completed

now on to my next journey...the garage!
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #498
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Congratulations for reaching your "inside the house" goal, dreamin' disney!

We found the easiest way to purge the garage was to empty it, with the throwaway items going directly to the back of the truck (for their magic journey to the landfill), and the other items sorted in piles for Goodwill, a gentleman my son knows that recycles, CL, and, then, the keep pile. The items that were leaving were moved to their next life and the keep group was then sorted into tools, yard items, etc. We compartmentalized the garage by use, which, I hope, will help to keep it neat.
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #499
happydisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

We have an open concept living room/dining room/kitchen so everything shows. Well this weekend we finally painted the walls and I cleaned off the kitchen counters and the island and it feels nice. I just need to get a vase and some fresh flowers to brighten up the area. Or perhaps something for Christmas for now. Tomorrow I will finish and clean the cabinets underneath. We have a lot of plastic bags, water bottles, and other stuff that just accumulates down there. Otherwise I think we will be house ready for the Thanksgiving party we are hosting.

happydisneyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #500
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydisneyfamily View Post
We have an open concept living room/dining room/kitchen so everything shows. Well this weekend we finally painted the walls and I cleaned off the kitchen counters and the island and it feels nice. I just need to get a vase and some fresh flowers to brighten up the area. Or perhaps something for Christmas for now. Tomorrow I will finish and clean the cabinets underneath. We have a lot of plastic bags, water bottles, and other stuff that just accumulates down there. Otherwise I think we will be house ready for the Thanksgiving party we are hosting.
great job!

I use to have so many knick knacks . I collected angels and would get many as gifts. I got rid of most and only kept a few that were special. I put thos ein my curio cabinet. Knick knack and lots of decoration sometimes makes a room look cluttered. Right now my home looks so nice and neat and only a few pictures on mantel and 3 items on my sofa table. DD's bday is coming and I'm not sire if I want to bring out the xmas decorations. I told dh it might make the house look cluttered-lol! My x-mas decoration go ALL OVER the house-lol!

BTW- turn in your bottles. Dh took the ones dd collected and he bought back $25. I'm not sure how many bags it took but it adds up

I was looking for something in my pantry and my seasoning cabinet and wow! Guess what needs to be decluttered/organized again. Seems like I just did it not to long ago.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #501
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I got rid of 4 more items medium toys. Its suppose to rain tomorrow or this weekend. I'm kinda hoping it does because people will be browsing CL-lol!

I'm on vacation starting monday so hopefully I can start organizing the garage. The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy and busy!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #502
delmar411
DIS Veteran

I went through our bedroom this week, just off and on when I had a few minutes and I've nearly filled a large disney shopping bag with stuff to donate. There are plenty of things left in our room that I'll probably end up tossing in there before I drop it off.

I also went through the boys closet and pulled a large bag of stuff to take over to OUAC. Most all of it is NWT so hopefully they will want it.

I need to get into my YDD's room and make some hard decisions. Her room is just unmanageable but I'm not sure what to do about it.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #503
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I'm officially on vacation so I will try getting some more decluttering done.
I have a box of stuff that I need photos of to list on CL and while I'm in there I'm going to try and straighten up my the other pile of junk we have.

Dh will be watching the game tomorrow UCLA vs USC so I will be decluttering.

It's suppose to rain here so I'm hoping more people will be browsing CL. The $$ I made lastweek went toward my CC bill which was nice to pay off one of my lil creditcard balance.

anyone else decluttering this weekend?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #504
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Not necessarily today, but I am off this week and hope to wrap up my craft room, desk space and do some maintenance on my clothes closet.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #505
4 Ears
previously 8 Ears

ornaments

I passed on 4 Disney Christmas ornaments after we got done decorating to a couple that moved and got rid of most of theirs.

A few days ago I threw away one of those suction cups baskets we had in our shower that just would not stay up!

A white shirt that some how had got little pin holes in it.

I gave away some thick socks to a lady that works in a store that is always cool.

Pretty sure thats all I got.

How about you?
4 Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #506
Boston Tea Party
Truth is truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post

Dh will be watching the game tomorrow UCLA vs USC so I will be decluttering.
Fight on!
You never ever left my side ~ Make it like it was before
Even if it takes a life time, takes a life time ~

~Next Dole Whip… 7/13-7/18 USC Trojan Style! ~
Boston Tea Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #507
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Tea Party View Post
Fight on!
lol! Dh is a ucla fan.

my dd13 heard me and she came in and said alonf with the hand cheer movements ..
U-C-L-A!!!!!

ok time for me to hit the garage. I keep telling dh lets cleanout and organize the garage so he can turn it in to a Dodger/UCLA space-lol Anything to get that garage clean-lol!

Update: I must have been in ther 15- 20 mins. Dh throws his work clothes(dirty, oily, smelly) in a pile in the garage on a rack i have in there. Plus he had some of his regular clothes in there. I gues when he does the lawn when he's done he throws his sweaty shirts in the pile. Well i seperated it all into 3 piles work pants, work shirts and reg clothes. He also had a pile of get rid of stuff so i put those in boxes Large and X=L . Well i came in for 5 mins and went back out and he put his work clothes and reg clothes back in one pile uugh i guess he thought he was helping me.
I also found 2 snuggies, 2 old comforters, 1 sheet , 1 old blanket and 2 throws. Well the snuggies and throws are still good so those are in the wash. I ended up using 1 sheet and 1 comforter to hide my pile of boxes so the neighbors dont see all the mess. I have all my boxes of items i'm selling on CL on a table and under the table and behind all that there's a lot of stuff dh put back there . I dont have a way to get there because the sides are blocking it with heavy stuff. I ended up giving up not worth the stress or argument-lol!

Last edited by dreamin_disney; 11-17-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: update garage
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #508
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Spare room- I removed a large storage tub , plastic shoe box lids, some old projects, papers, packages of plastic and boxes. Spare room is just about completed. I just need to cleanout and organize my dest drawer and clean the windows and blinds. When I do that I will be tossing out the old outdate floral valance-lol! My room looks so wonderful when I walk in. The energy just feels so good

Kitchen-I noticed container of over the counter meds. I went through it and got rid of several expired meds.

CL - is on hold. Everyone is waiting fir the Black Friday deals so no one is buying but everyone is selling-lol!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #509
judomom2
Mouseketeer

I cleaned out my kitchen cabinets,pantry and the drawers in the coffee table over the last 2 days. I have a bag of trash, several items for goodwill and a huge sack for the food pantry. It feels good to get this stuff under control. I am hoping to get the living room ready for the christmas tree today.
judomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:53 AM   #510
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I'm sure no one has been decluttering these past few days-lol!

Dh bought a wall hook thingy. I asked him what is was for and he said to organize his belts because the belts are on his closet floor. Dh finally did something to organize without me telling him -lol!

We went to Big Lots on Wed night. We werent even going to go but i needed 3 different bottles of spices and I was going to pay $3-$4 for these Thanksgiving spices. I happened to walk in and glanced quicky and something caught my eye. The worker was putting together a kitchen island and it's a dark cherry . We've been looking for something that color for a lil space in our space between the dining/kitchen. Well its a lil section of wall then it connects to the sliding glass door. Well it was 42inches wide and fits perfct without blocking the slider door.
Anyways I havent decide what to store in it but it will be will use it to organize................
-napkins, paper plates, forks , spoons, foil etc
or
-tupperware, plastic bowls, larger pots
or
-some items i had in the panty and then I will use empty pantry shelves to store roaster oven and crockpots.

Dh will put up outdoor xmas stuff and I will put up indoor decorations. I've several x-mas ceramic items I use as decorations like: ceramic present box with lids, santa boot, knitted stocking over a plastic stocking shape, santa head, snowman head all these can be used to hold chocolated/candy so I might get rid of these for lil gifts. Items were only used as display and in good condition.

I'm also thinking of going through my xmas stuff and getting rid of outdated stuff.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: