Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #31
scnrc00
Mouseketeer

I need to destash too so I am in! I started in youngest DDs room today and will finish up tomorrow. I went through all her toys this evening and got 2 bags out and will do her clothes, shoes and books tomorrow. Then to do oldest DDs room. I hope I can get both DDs rooms done tomorrow before moving onto the rest of the house.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #32
rhonda_2003
Mouseketeer

Finished Kitchen too :)

I posted that I had finished my son's room and most of the kitchen, but I just finished the rest of the kitchen so now I can go to bed! I refused to give up before the kitchen was done I was even able to organize my lower cabinets well enough that I can store my seldom used coffeepot and toaster in the cabinets and give myself an actual prep area for cooking! It looks so nice that I am excited to keep it that way.

Tomorrow, I am tackling the storage areas in our living room (bookcases, free-standing cabinets, entertainment center, etc.). I go back to work Tuesday from Christmas break so tomorrow is my last chance to devote a lot of time to this for a bit.

OKW-May 2012-with all four of us plus 5 of our friends
CSR-Dec 2011-DS's first trip
POFQ-June 2009-DD's first trip; I was 6 months pregnant too!
CBR-Mar 2003-Our honeymoon....worst trip in history!
Several off-site visits as a kid
rhonda_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #33
Ephany
DIS Veteran

Still slowly but surely chugging along here. We broke down all of our boxes and cardboard, took it to recycling and now the Christmas stuff is all packed away. As always, there's the inevitable pile of papers to shred and we took down DD's train table (which was really just her dumping place) in the living room, so now there's a lot more space.

DD is complaining that her uniform pants don't fit (she's gone through 2 sizes since August) so I think this weekend is going to be a great closet try-on and destash. She's shooting up so fast it's crazy, she's only 9 and I have a feeling by next year we'll be wearing the same size shoe.
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #34
ahibird
Mouseketeer

Count me in !!! I start every year with good intentions, then reality kicks in, and BOOM -- it's June and I have more junk than I started the year with.

This year I'm going to use this thread to keep me motivated. Today I tackle the Christmas decorations !!!
ahibird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #35
delmar411
DIS Veteran

this may be minor to some but for me it's huge. I've managed to make it through the post Christmas sales and clearances without buying anything. Not one single thing!

I even went into Target today and got exactly what I went for and nothing else!

This is part of my destashing as I haven't ever made it through a clearance season without bringing more stuff into the house.

I've even talked DH out of several purchases that he wanted to make that were very unnecessary (stuff for the kids).
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #36
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

I'm in. My primary commitment this year is to destashing POUNDS, but these threads helped me form a destashing habit, and it will continue...Plus it will keep me from eating out of boredom!
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #37
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

I took 2 boxes of outgrown clothes, toys and halloween costumes to goodwill today. I've had them ready to go for awhile, it's gotten to be where those boxes were the clutter so it feels good to get them all the way out of the house.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #38
dis75ney
Member of the Royal Society For Putting Things On Top Of Other Things...
My feet will stay firmly planted on the ground where they belong

Location: Land of four seasons: Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Road Construction...

I'm in! We have a VERY limited space that I now need to fit a desk and legal books in, so I'll need all the space I can get! Can't wait to get started!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

you all have motivated me to clear out my kitchen.

Thank You

finished all but one cabinet and the trash can outside is full........

i'm doing one room at a time.

hopefully, i won't be missing doing the basement this year.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #40
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

I think I have joined or at least read the destash threads for the past few years. I feel like destashing is an ongoing process, at least it is for me. Right now it is just DH and I, and we bought a pretty small house when we got married (its about 1400 sq ft including a finished basement, but we have no attic and NO storage space) we have plenty of room for the baby that is coming this summer but if we are going to stay here (seriously thinking about selling and buying bigger) we need to constantly stay on top of destashing so we'll have room for all the baby's things.

The past week I have destashed the holiday decorations (not just Christmas, but other holidays too) and put all the stuff we never have room to put up or don't use in either the yard sale pile or the donate pile. I have a ton of stuff saved up for the next yard sale that will hopefully be this spring, and I also have a ton of stuff to donate. Hoping to find somewhere besides Goodwill or Salvation Army to donate to as ours are overwhelmed with donations, especially this time of year. I also went through my closet and have the equivalent of a garbage ball full of clothes that I never wear. Definitely need to work on the plastic storage in the kitchen, our cabinet is a nightmare that DH and I never want to deal with LOL.

Good luck to everyone this year - you can do it!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #41
tigger_mommy
Bunny slippers should be mandatory in life!

I am always in need of destashing. I have four kids and it is never ending it seems. I can get one room done and another is in desperate need. Staying on top of it as well as everything else makes me feel like it will never be done until the kids are out. We donate tons of things a year and still it seems we always have too much stuff. I am determined this year to destash this house! Similar to cleansing of the demons, but just more room for me to do yoga in.

tigger_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #42
charming23
DIS Veteran

My three biggest goals in destashing this year are cleaning out the attic, basement, and garage.

I would love to be able to park my car in the garage again and to make both the basement and attic usable spaces again. They are both finished and great spaces just going to waste with boxes of junk and old furniture.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #43
StephMK
DIS Veteran

I finished clearing out a bunch of dried up pens & stuff from our pencil drawer and the kids' art drawers. I went through DS's closet and sorted stuff into DN and donate piles and got rid of some cooking mags I'll never use and cleaned up that space.

I got a great free shelf from CL to help organize in the garage. I need DH to put the holiday stuff back in the attic this weekend then the garage should look much better. I need to get some hooks because I'm trying to create a wet stuff area for the kids - if it ever snows this year.

I even got motivated and forced the piano from the dining room to the office. I think I might create a new exercise program based on moving heavy household objects. It really opened up the dining room, I love it. Plus now it's in the room w/a door so the kids can practice all of their instruments behind closed doors!

No progress on moving the computer but maybe next week. I think I might try to tackle bits of the basement in 20 min. increments every week. It's going to be a long slow process since I tend to put piles on one side that is not used much.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #44
PaulaSue
I have a purple car too and love it
Even I need a nap now and then

I have a goal of de-stashing and donating 10 things a month. I love reorganizing.

4 Parks, 3 Generations, 2 Birthdays, 1 Anniversary, Priceless...1/06

4 Parks, 3 Generations, 2nd Trip, 1 Week with Family and Friends...10/08

F&W, Music to our ears...10/11

Tire Pros "Family" is going to Disney...1/15
PaulaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #45
comicguy
DIS Veteran

Well I have finally started, again!!!

I was able to get rid of the following items this week:

1 armoire
2 dvd's
2 novels
3 holiday plates
1 backpack
2 pair of pants
5 ice cube trays

a decent start but need to get rid of a lot more
Dec 2000 Movies, Jan '03 Movies, Jan '05 Movies, Jan '06 Movies, August '06 POP, Jan '07 POP, Aug '07 POP, Aug '08 POP, Aug '09 POP, Aug '10 POP Aug '11 POP, POP '12, AoA '13

Next Trip: '14 POP
comicguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: