Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #361
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

Just type in (your city) buy sell trade.. I put in my surrounding cities and also the county I live in (which has more traffic).. I have sold between $500-600 in the last month.. I have even bought a few things.. I love it!
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #362
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

You guys make me feel better about getting into the spirit. I have been having trouble with all the house work since my surgery, but unfortunately being stuck in the house gives me plenty of time to get annoyed by all the stuff. I have been decluttering for what seems like forever but there is always more stuff. I really think it is reproducing somehow. This weekend DH and I did as much as we could before we both collapsed and today I took all of the stuff out of his closet and put it in piles for him to sort through and decide what to get rid of. I am hoping if I start the project for him he will finish it...hahahaha...right. I have been trying to get him to file the papers in the office for a year and a half now. I had it all filed into the cabinet and he kept piling new papers and not filing them. When I complained he gave me the reason that he didn't know where it all went. So I said fine, we will go by your system....It's been chaos ever since...you can barely see the floor. So now, I tried to use the excuse that we are both starting school next week and he laughed and said that I am "expanding" my stuff through the house and trying to make it MY office....jeesh....I think I may just throw it all out.

Today I got rid of 10 shirts, two skirts, a pair of pants, and 3 dresses. I have 7 loads of laundry to do today...Yikes...3 more.
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #363
julirina
Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.

I haven't visited this thread since the spring...I need to get back into it! I have two huge totes of cloth diapers to get sold before our trip. And my bedroom needs some major destashing. It's become the dumping ground for every outgrown, broken, useless thing in the house and i hate that! My goal is to have enough space in my room to do yoga every day. Right now i have about 3 square feet of floor space, so this is a lofty goal, lol!

julirina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #364
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

With the kitchen stuff stacked up in the rest of the house, it's been hard to get much destashing done. The place is already a wreck and I just can't add to it by sorting and emptying closets & drawers to add to the mess.

I did toss out some weird craft supplies I came across in the closet and sold some more scrapbooking supplies. Thanks to Bettyann29, I found a local buy/sell Facebook group. They seem to post a lot of baby items but hopefully there will be some interest in the stuff we don't want any more. I have a lot of days off in September and destashing, decluttering and reorganizing is at the top of my To Do List.

Last edited by cluvsdisney; 08-22-2012 at 01:11 PM.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #365
limace
DIS Veteran

First time posting here, but need the motivation. Right now I'm setting the goal of getting ten items out per day-once I get rolling, I usually get a lot more. I've also decided the trick for me is to get it to goodwill immediately, otherwise it just stacks up in the garage.

Daughters gone this week so great chance to clear out the six year old's room .

And a local art center wants fabric donations-now I can pass on the boxes of quilting fabric that is no longer my style!!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #366
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by limace View Post
First time posting here, but need the motivation. Right now I'm setting the goal of getting ten items out per day-once I get rolling, I usually get a lot more. I've also decided the trick for me is to get it to goodwill immediately, otherwise it just stacks up in the garage. Daughters gone this week so great chance to clear out the six year old's room .

And a local art center wants fabric donations-now I can pass on the boxes of quilting fabric that is no longer my style!!
ITA!! Now, I throw everything in the car so it won't sit in the house (no garage). We are in the vicinty of the closest thrift store frequently enough that it will get there sooner rather than later.

Good luck!!
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #367
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

I'm coming right along! Have been selling alot of stuff on our local facebook resale page. I love it because there are no fees unlike ebay
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #368
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyann29 View Post
Just type in (your city) buy sell trade.. I put in my surrounding cities and also the county I live in (which has more traffic).. I have sold between $500-600 in the last month.. I have even bought a few things.. I love it!
I didnt find any in my area.

Well I havent done much decluttering. It's been a busy week. I do hope to get some regular cleaning done by Friday. I'm hoping this weekend I can get some decluttering done. I also need to organize some stuff. My pile is getting smallerDh still has 3 containers and a pile of paper on my diningroom floor. His cousin called and wants to get together this weekend, which means she wants to come over and I do the cooking. I'm not really in the mood so if the pile is still on my floor that will be my excuse-lol!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #369
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Cleared off 1/3 of my craft table last night. Purged some stamps I won't use, into the bag for the school's art program.
Purged 3 binders of scrapbook supplies. In doing so, I cleared space on the shelf for my 3 bins of Cricut Cartridges.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #370
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie85 View Post
I'm coming right along! Have been selling alot of stuff on our local facebook resale page. I love it because there are no fees unlike ebay
Congrats!! What type of stuff are you selling?

Does anyone have any goals for the weekend?

I sorted the coats I cleared out of the closet last weekend and have a load of misc. stuff to drop off at Goodwill this weekend. I think my goals will be to clean out the kids' bathroom vanity and tackle another part of the garage.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #371
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

No goals for today. It's DH's birthday, DS16 is a cross country practice, I have to take the kids to get haircuts, and I think we are going to Ikea although the kids want to go to the fair.

Tomorrow is laundry, all day and get everyone ready for school for Monday.
And I need to go grocery shopping so I can make lunches.

I guess I have 1 goal, clean out and organize the pantry.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #372
delmar411
DIS Veteran

no goals for this weekend. School has started back up and I already have multiple papers assigned. This semester isn't looking too productive in the destashing dept.

I'm hoping to get a groove down though and maybe carve out some time to work on the house.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #373
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Quote:
News to me, so I checked out nearest city's facebook page. About 1300 people who look like gang-wannabees & lots stuff that 16-18 boys would want. Expensive brand new sneakers, hats, and other stuff that makes you wonder if it is stolen.

Don't think I will be joining that group.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #374
Ephany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've tried 'city name buy', 'city name sell', 'city name trade', 'city name free' and 'city name resale'. I've also searched using the name of my county instead of city. I've found a couple of groups, but most do appear to be orientated towards mom/kids stuff. Not all, I found a page that devoted to just books which is kind of neat. A lot of those sneaker ads are spam bots, don't click them!
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #375
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I just can't seem to get in the mood I have had more thing s going on so going back to work, dr. appts, therapy for my right side(muscles are super tight and affect my neck,shouldar,arm back and foot). I've had chiro and my new massage therapist ask if i've been tested for fibomalgia(sp). I havent and hope after a few more massage therapy and phyiscal therapy i will be better.

I have several post listed on Cl but there hasnt been any movement. Hopefully around the 1st of the month some will buy.

The house is clean. Dh's plastic long flat containers are now neatly piled on top of each other , still in the dining area He did put away his huge pile of papers

my goal is to bag everything thats listed on CL and maybe add a few mnore items.
Next month goals
start working on the garage

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: