Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #301
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_mom View Post
How did he make your dividers? I bought one on ebay a few years ago, but I'd love another one (or two). The one I have has dowel rods to space everything out. Just wondered if there are other designs out there that might be easier to make.
He bought a board and cut it down


Lowes has some chrome looking ones that i woull have bought but dh want it to match and look built in. The one i seen was 11.99
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #302
ski_mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
He bought a board and cut it down


Lowes has some chrome looking ones that i woull have bought but dh want it to match and look built in. The one i seen was 11.99
Wow, those are nice. So, are the entire length of your shelf in your cabinet? Or is the whole thing removable from your cabinet?
__________________
Me DH DD17 DD16 DS11
ski_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #303
ilovepete
DIS Veteran
 
ilovepete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Not far above The World
Posts: 1,866

I got rid of a ton more stuff, so I am really happy about that! I still need to declutter and reorganize the stuff that is staying, but I'm happy to have sold quite a bit.
__________________
Me, wife to DH and mama to DD5 and DS7
DD's favorite character is Pete, so that is where the screen name comes in!
ilovepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #304
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_mom View Post
Wow, those are nice. So, are the entire length of your shelf in your cabinet? Or is the whole thing removable from your cabinet?
The cabinet already have shelves but dh cut down the white vertical boards that make the slots that hold the bareware. Those are 4 pieces of wood that he inserted . The boards are removeable but he put nails so now its not removable unles he takes them out.

He also did an awesome job on our bedroom closet . I think you just pumped up his ego-lol!
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #305
ski_mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 622

They are nice. Ours just look so weak - definately not sturdy looking like yours. I'll have to show DH your picture. I think it would work in our pantry too.

So, what did he do with your bedroom closet? We got new carpet this past week and had to take everything out of our closet so we could get the closet organizer out (it rests on the floor). While everything was out, I said that we ought to get a nice organizer, but with everything else going on, I really didn't want to deal with it right now, but I'm definately in the mood to get a better one than what we have.

As we are bringing everything back into the rooms we moved it from for the carpet installation, I am really trying to get rid of things we haven't used for awhile. It's hard though because we basically had to move everything and it's all just waiting in the garage to go back. Part of me just wants to put it all back and be done, but I know if I take my time I can purge a lot!
__________________
Me DH DD17 DD16 DS11
ski_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #306
DawnM
Dawn
 
DawnM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 12,778

Just filled both of our trash cans AND filled the back of my SUV (for Goodwill)

I also listed two desks on our local moms' group.

The purging has begun.....or re-begun!

My goal is to do the above each week......fill trash cans, fill the back of the SUV to take to donate, and list some things to sell. I think if I do this each week for the next 12 weeks I can get some JUNK out of here!

I do plan to go through our winter outerwear this weekend though and may have another donation run before next week.
__________________
Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #307
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_mom View Post
They are nice. Ours just look so weak - definately not sturdy looking like yours. I'll have to show DH your picture. I think it would work in our pantry too.

So, what did he do with your bedroom closet? We got new carpet this past week and had to take everything out of our closet so we could get the closet organizer out (it rests on the floor). While everything was out, I said that we ought to get a nice organizer, but with everything else going on, I really didn't want to deal with it right now, but I'm definately in the mood to get a better one than what we have.

As we are bringing everything back into the rooms we moved it from for the carpet installation, I am really trying to get rid of things we haven't used for awhile. It's hard though because we basically had to move everything and it's all just waiting in the garage to go back. Part of me just wants to put it all back and be done, but I know if I take my time I can purge a lot!
I'll post a picture of the closet when I get back from the movies. We bought our cabinets at target on clearance several years ago. We went to lowes the other day and were going to buy the really nice cherry woord looking oraganizers which would have cost us a lot of $$$. I told dh if there was anyway he could drill holes for a rod to hang clothes and add a long board across the top of the cabinets for storage bins. Well he did it and it looks like its an organizing kit.

Is my photo to big, if so how do i resize it in photobucket???
I will add 2-3 pictures of the closet.

Update #1 -Sorry I didnt upload pictures of closet. it was a busy today and tomorrow. I will post by Sunday forsure! I only did one load of laundry and got rid of about 7 more tops. I know I said Frieday would be my last day decluttering but I might do some Saturday night and hopefully on Sunday

Update #2- The cabinets we bought several years ago at target on clearance. Dh added a large clothes rack bar to cabinets by screwed in brackets to the wall studs and the clothes bar sits/locks into the brackets. The shorter bar(i thik 2nd link) rod is screwed to the cabinets. Now the top board sits on top of the brackets and 1 screw on each bracket hold from moving.


__________________

Last edited by dreamin_disney; 08-05-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: update#2 photos added
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #308
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,922

I got rid of 17 pieces of girls clothes on CL

I also got rid of 2 Pajama bottoms 3 more tops, 2 bags of trash

Hopefully dh goes through his items and gets rid of some of his clutter. I know i said Friday would be my last day for a while but reality is I still need to declutter and sell all my posting on CL. Allergy specialist recommend that i change out my old carpet so dh and i will have to remove everything from all 3 bedrooms to put in laminate flooring so the less clutter the easier it will be uugh!
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:22 AM   #309
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
cluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,926

I packed up a 21# box of scrapbooking supplies to ship to the children's dept. of library my mother works in - its in the car so I can go to UPS after work. I also set aside a shirt to donate, recycled some plastic service wear we bought for parties, cleaned out the pantry and the cleaning supplies I stored under the kitchen sink. I also bought a paper towel holder to get the paper towels off the counter.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #310
ski_mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
I'll post a picture of the closet when I get back from the movies. We bought our cabinets at target on clearance several years ago. We went to lowes the other day and were going to buy the really nice cherry woord looking oraganizers which would have cost us a lot of $$$. I told dh if there was anyway he could drill holes for a rod to hang clothes and add a long board across the top of the cabinets for storage bins. Well he did it and it looks like its an organizing kit.

Is my photo to big, if so how do i resize it in photobucket???
I will add 2-3 pictures of the closet.

[[/COLOR]
Thanks for posting pictures! Your closet looks great!
__________________
Me DH DD17 DD16 DS11
ski_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #311
moonpie85
DIS Veteran
 
moonpie85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South Texas, US
Posts: 1,310

We are moving soon so I have started the purging phase before we list the house for sale. I have been working on my pantry since 4am. Oy....so very tired! It's amazing how many nonfood items I found in there though. Who woulda thunk?
__________________
October 2005- GF Disneymoon
December 2007- GF
December 2008- CSR Grand Gathering
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #312
comicguy
DIS Veteran
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plattsburgh NY
Posts: 875

A bit more decluttering before the WDW vacation:

Sold 6 more comics for 20.00!!!
Recycled 2 old magazines
Threw away 3 pairs of old worn out socks (found them in the bottom of the dresser)
Dispossed of two small bottles of expired medication
Donated 2 more books to the library

Slowly have been working on buying very little food (except milk, breads, meats, fruits and veggies) trying to use up what is in the cupboards and freezer before vacation. My grocery budget has dropped by about 50 dollars per week. Also, since we have decieded to buy much less prcessed food in the future trying to eat much healthier, so use it up now and make room in the cupboards!!
__________________
Disney Trips:
DL '76 and '85
WDW Jan '92 off site, April '96 Music, Oct '98 Music,
Dec 2000 Movies, Jan '03 Movies, Jan '05 Movies, Jan '06 Movies, August '06 POP, Jan '07 POP, Aug '07 POP, Aug '08 POP, Aug '09 POP, Aug '10 POP Aug '11 POP, POP '12, AoA '13

Next Trip: '14 POP
comicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #313
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,507

Charity pickup yesterday - 1 large trash bag of stuff plus a microwave. We are going to try to put in an over-the-range one here in the next couple of weeks, so I went ahead and got rid of the countertop model. Yay! More counter space! On another note, three outlets in the kitchen went funky and no longer work (no blown fuse? ), so I have an electrician coming out to take a look. Means I need to get the kitchen straightened up. Since DS is sick today, I'll stay home and tackle that.
__________________
Me DH DS10 DD9 DS5
thebeesknees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #314
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
cluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeesknees View Post
Charity pickup yesterday - 1 large trash bag of stuff plus a microwave. We are going to try to put in an over-the-range one here in the next couple of weeks, so I went ahead and got rid of the countertop model. Yay! More counter space! On another note, three outlets in the kitchen went funky and no longer work (no blown fuse? ), so I have an electrician coming out to take a look. Means I need to get the kitchen straightened up. Since DS is sick today, I'll stay home and tackle that.
I hope your son feels better soon. Good luck with kitchen!


Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post
A bit more decluttering before the WDW vacation:

Sold 6 more comics for 20.00!!!
Recycled 2 old magazines
Threw away 3 pairs of old worn out socks (found them in the bottom of the dresser)
Dispossed of two small bottles of expired medication
Donated 2 more books to the library

Slowly have been working on buying very little food (except milk, breads, meats, fruits and veggies) trying to use up what is in the cupboards and freezer before vacation. My grocery budget has dropped by about 50 dollars per week. Also, since we have decieded to buy much less prcessed food in the future trying to eat much healthier, so use it up now and make room in the cupboards!!
Good for you on all counts...selling comics, eating healthier and going on vacation!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie85 View Post
We are moving soon so I have started the purging phase before we list the house for sale. I have been working on my pantry since 4am. Oy....so very tired! It's amazing how many nonfood items I found in there though. Who woulda thunk?
It's crazy isn't it? How did it come out?
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #315
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper
 
mrsbornkuntry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 5,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post
A bit more decluttering before the WDW vacation:

Sold 6 more comics for 20.00!!!
Recycled 2 old magazines
Threw away 3 pairs of old worn out socks (found them in the bottom of the dresser)
Dispossed of two small bottles of expired medication
Donated 2 more books to the library

Slowly have been working on buying very little food (except milk, breads, meats, fruits and veggies) trying to use up what is in the cupboards and freezer before vacation. My grocery budget has dropped by about 50 dollars per week. Also, since we have decieded to buy much less prcessed food in the future trying to eat much healthier, so use it up now and make room in the cupboards!!
We've been working on eating healthier, too, and another bonus to that is less trash so we're saving money on trash bags

I haven't visited this thread in a long time, we did a big purge this spring because we bought a new house (our first, very exciting and stressful). I'm still trying to get organized and get things the way I want them, but right now I'm focusing on the kids' clothes because I have to figure out if they need anymore school clothes. I got some crocs listed on CL yesterday, today I'm going to list DD's clothes. I think I may just ask my neighbor if she wants the boys' clothes for her boys.
__________________
Me DH DD16 DS14 DS13 DS11 DS8

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: