Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #286
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

I have been reading through trying to get motivated. Ugh... Each room needs to be done. I have four growing kids plus my DH has lost 60 lbs so clothes REALLY need to be gone through. Plus my room has become the place where everything goes if it's in the way. My basement is totally junked up. Double ugh... I have the next couple of hours free. I need to pick an area and just deal with it.
dismom9761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #287
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
I have been reading through trying to get motivated. Ugh... Each room needs to be done. I have four growing kids plus my DH has lost 60 lbs so clothes REALLY need to be gone through. Plus my room has become the place where everything goes if it's in the way. My basement is totally junked up. Double ugh... I have the next couple of hours free. I need to pick an area and just deal with it.
Start small...take one drawer, one shelf, etc. I am the best procrastinator in the world but I have been working slowly in bits and pieces and slowly but surely I am making progress.

Maybe start with visable areas so that you can see what you have done and that might help motivate you to move on to the next space.
cluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #288
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Wedding dress (over 25 yrs old) & a box dropped off at Salvation Army donation building.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #289
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaucoup View Post
Wedding dress (over 25 yrs old) & a box dropped off at Salvation Army donation building.

That's great!!
cluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #290
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyasiegel
Does Goodwill take old towels? They are still in decent condition - we just got new ones we got married so I put these in a plastic tote to save but now I would like to get ride of them? Can you donate stuffed animals? I thought I read someplace they they don't take stuffed animals but I could be making up crazy things in my mind LOL!
They do take stuffed animals. Id donate the towels to the animal shelter.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #291
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
They do take stuffed animals. Id donate the towels to the animal shelter.
Towels go to town animal control officer, animal shelters & vets offices. Old blankets too. They are ALWAYS looking for these items.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #292
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

So my big kids are at camp this week, which means destashing their rooms while they are away. We've been wanting to switch the boys' rooms, anyway, so yesterday, I cleaned both boys' rooms top to bottom and switched over their things. I got several trash bags of stuff cleared out, along with a bunch of stuff to donate. DH still needs to put together the new bed frame for older DS, but I need to run over to Home Depot and get some screws for it that were missing. Hoping to do that today so he has a bed to sleep in when he gets home. Last night, after younger DS went to bed, I started on the play room and made a decent dent - 1 full bag of trash, 1 full bag to donate. I still have more work to do there, but I can see the floor again! When I came up to bed, I started eying our dresser (which has become a catchall lately), and DH saw me and pointed to his stack of textbooks and said, "Don't touch that!!!" Then he asked me what got into me with all the decluttering and I was trying to explain how good it felt to get all that stuff out of the house - he looked at me like I had gone loopy. But I keep thinking that he's been sending resumes out like crazy, so if he gets a job elsewhere, we are going to have to move anyway, and I wouldn't want to be trying to do this with just a couple weeks' notice. So I'll just keep up a bit at a time here and there.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #293
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Finally got to my bakeware/kitchen stuff cabinet.

I got rid of a super big party plastic tray. It was cracked so tossed that along with 2-3 brand new foil cooking trays(full of dust -yuck!) 1 SQUARE bakeware(had rust). plastic plate, plastic large bowl, cup, plastic water bottle, 1 plastic x-mas cookie tray.

As you all know dh painted our room so we had to take our stuff out. Well My room just feels like a huge mess. Our closet cabinets are still sitting in my diningroom. Dh still needd to clean out those cabinets before he put them back in our room. He also needs to add a clothes hanging bar, put up our deco candle scones. I felt like i was getting so much deluttering done until this project. BTW- he also put a HUGE pile of clothes in my spare room that I worked so hard on. I sure hope we finish up our room by Thursday. I think i've hit my slump
Old 07-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #294
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Old dirty cracked wicker paper plate holders tossed. Replaced with new plastic ones that are washable, thinner, stack neater and takes less room. Does that still count? Lol
Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 PM   #295
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaucoup View Post
Old dirty cracked wicker paper plate holders tossed. Replaced with new plastic ones that are washable, thinner, stack neater and takes less room. Does that still count? Lol
I think it does why
neater and takes less space-lol!

Nothing got done on our room as far as dh's part. I have 3 baskets of clothes to wash that have dust from the closet.

I post a few more items on craigs list.

I showed dh a clothes hanger rack I seen online thats made from galvinized pipes from home depot. It looks study

http://www.xojane.com/diy/return-she...plumbing-pipes

Hopefully dh can find a budget friendly way to make it

I still need to see whats in the huge pile of clothes dh put in mu spare room. i walked by and i did see a few new shirts with tags on them

all i know if Friday I'm done for a while
Old 08-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #296
comicguy
DIS Veteran

Not much to report but I did get rid of:

another pair of sneakers (I swear these things are breeding)
2 magazines
1 book
12 more comic books and made 20 dollars for WDW
a grocey bag full of some outdated paper (old bills etc...)shreded and ready for recycling!!
3 unused picture frames that really do not match what we are doing with the house
recycled last years phone book as the new one came in this week
Dec 2000 Movies, Jan '03 Movies, Jan '05 Movies, Jan '06 Movies, August '06 POP, Jan '07 POP, Aug '07 POP, Aug '08 POP, Aug '09 POP, Aug '10 POP Aug '11 POP, POP '12, AoA '13

Next Trip: '14 POP
comicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #297
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post
Not much to report but I did get rid of:

another pair of sneakers (I swear these things are breeding)
2 magazines
1 book
12 more comic books and made 20 dollars for WDW
a grocey bag full of some outdated paper (old bills etc...)shreded and ready for recycling!!
3 unused picture frames that really do not match what we are doing with the house
recycled last years phone book as the new one came in this week
good job and whoo hoo for another $20 made for wdw.

DD had an appt but when i get back i hope to go through some of dh's pile of clothes, post more items on craigs list, finish up some of the laundry and hopefully go through the cabonets under the entertainment center.

Update #1- Well not much got done today. Dh did put the cabinets back into the closet. I didnt get anything done today. Tomorrow I will do laundry of all the clothes rthat got dust on it and weed out stuff i nolonger fit into ,wear or raggy . I will start putting my stuff back onto the cabinets and weed out anything thats needs to go. I'll be suprised if the bedroom is finshed by tomorrow. Even though I got rid of a lot of stuff I wish I would have done more but My vacation will be over so anything I dont finish by Friday will have to wait until next vacation or holiday 3 day weekend

Last edited by dreamin_disney; 08-02-2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Update #1
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #298
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

Finished cleaning/destashing DD's room. Washed all bedding and now going to finish the basement play room. I told younger DS that if we can get this done today, I will take him swimming tomorrow - need some incentive to get it all done! I haven't had time to tackle the study yet, and my guess is that it will need to wait until the kids head back to school. I get a lot more done if they aren't around "helping" me. I have a charity pickup scheduled for Monday, so I need to make a list of what they are getting and set it aside for tax purposes. It feels so good to get all this stuff out of here! I couldn't believe how much better the kids' rooms looked after a thorough cleaning.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #299
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeesknees View Post
Finished cleaning/destashing DD's room. Washed all bedding and now going to finish the basement play room. I told younger DS that if we can get this done today, I will take him swimming tomorrow - need some incentive to get it all done! I haven't had time to tackle the study yet, and my guess is that it will need to wait until the kids head back to school. I get a lot more done if they aren't around "helping" me. I have a charity pickup scheduled for Monday, so I need to make a list of what they are getting and set it aside for tax purposes. It feels so good to get all this stuff out of here! I couldn't believe how much better the kids' rooms looked after a thorough cleaning.
Good Job!
Dh got on the ball finishing up our closet. I'm so happy. Now I have to put my stuff back in. Dh also finshed up my cabinet dividers for the bakeware. I'll put 2 loads of laundry in the wah tonight
Old 08-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #300
ski_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
Good Job!
Dh got on the ball finishing up our closet. I'm so happy. Now I have to put my stuff back in. Dh also finshed up my cabinet dividers for the bakeware. I'll put 2 loads of laundry in the wah tonight
How did he make your dividers? I bought one on ebay a few years ago, but I'd love another one (or two). The one I have has dowel rods to space everything out. Just wondered if there are other designs out there that might be easier to make.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: