Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #211
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
Try selling your collection on Craigs List. I make more money on CL then I would having a yardsale. Plus i sell in bulk/Lot and its better then sitting in the hot sun for a yardsale. On CL you can place it under collectibles

I might unload 3 pairs of dd's shoes tomorrow morning. This lady just bought some clothes from me on Monday. When i told her she laughed and asked if i had anymore stuff that she might be interested in.

What I'm having trouble unloading are knick knacks, new cheap frames, tile stands. I've tried in bild and yesterday I made smaller group lots, bears, angels , picture frames.
I only meet in public places so thats why i'm doing the smaller lots. I dont want to meet for just $1

Update: Well today Thursday I didnt get anything done. Tomorrow will be a busy day so I'm hoping this weekened I can get some more decluttering done.

To those Of you that do CL and have several items, whats the best way to show all your items? Can i create a photobucket account and upload all my photos and then add the link to my CL post? If not whats the best way to show everything without having to do so many postings? Thanks
How's everyone doing withm destashing???? I didnt get as much done. I did upload a dish set to craigs list. If it goesits a big bulk of brand new dishes, flatware, canister and bowls.

I'm just having trouble with my spareroom. I think i need to clear my craft table so i can use it to group stuff together. I need to take pictures of it all and list it. Its just so Hot!!!

anyone else getting stuff done?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #212
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

We had a yard sale yesterday, my mom & I got rid of a lot of stuff but we still have a lot left. A friend of a friend (hah) is having a yard sale at her house in 2 weeks so we decided we'd go through the boxes of what is left from yesterday, take some stuff to Goodwill, price down the stuff that's we think will sell (we have a lot of Christmas and holiday decorations) pull out the stuff we can probably gift, and then hopefully what is left after this yard sale won't be much and we can donate to my Aunt's church who is having a yard sale in a few weeks. I am so excited to get rid of stuff! I didn't have any luck getting rid of some big items - 2 TV stands, an electric fireplace, and a hot/cold water dispenser so I think I'll try my luck on Craigslist and not drag them to the next yard sale.

dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #213
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
We had a yard sale yesterday, my mom & I got rid of a lot of stuff but we still have a lot left. A friend of a friend (hah) is having a yard sale at her house in 2 weeks so we decided we'd go through the boxes of what is left from yesterday, take some stuff to Goodwill, price down the stuff that's we think will sell (we have a lot of Christmas and holiday decorations) pull out the stuff we can probably gift, and then hopefully what is left after this yard sale won't be much and we can donate to my Aunt's church who is having a yard sale in a few weeks. I am so excited to get rid of stuff! I didn't have any luck getting rid of some big items - 2 TV stands, an electric fireplace, and a hot/cold water dispenser so I think I'll try my luck on Craigslist and not drag them to the next yard sale.
Yes try Craigs list for the bigger items. You could also put the clothes in LOTS and sell on craigs list to. \Example: say you have kids girls clothes
size 4T you group it all together. say you have 5 pairs of pants /shorts and 10 tops you then sell it as a LOT at a set price. I've been selling my Lots at $1 a piece so I'd sell it for $20 and if the buyer says $15 i'd say ok if you come today or you could sell it at at what ever price. At yardsales I sell kids pants @ $1 and shorts and top for .50 so I make more on craigs list.

As far as me I'd love to load up all my stuff and donate it but I dont work during the summer so I rather try and sell on CL and make a lil money for bills. It does take a lil time and work to go through everything and take photos but it can be worth it. Just this year we've made about $300-$400 on CL I've been keeping a list just to see how much our we make on our old stuff
Old 06-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #214
rhonda_2003
Mouseketeer

I've been doing okay with my destashing but am grinding to a halt for at least a week, starting tomorrow. The painter is coming to start on the inside of the house and I cannot stand the smell of paint, so the kids and I are going to my parents! Maybe I'll get some of the research started for my doctoral project study instead.....

While rearranging DD's room this week, I did get rid of two rocking horses, a doll bench, bitty baby bouncer, and an entire laundry hamper of misc. items. So there was progress made!

OKW-May 2012-with all four of us plus 5 of our friends
CSR-Dec 2011-DS's first trip
POFQ-June 2009-DD's first trip; I was 6 months pregnant too!
CBR-Mar 2003-Our honeymoon....worst trip in history!
Several off-site visits as a kid
rhonda_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #215
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhonda_2003 View Post
I've been doing okay with my destashing but am grinding to a halt for at least a week, starting tomorrow. The painter is coming to start on the inside of the house and I cannot stand the smell of paint, so the kids and I are going to my parents! Maybe I'll get some of the research started for my doctoral project study instead.....

While rearranging DD's room this week, I did get rid of two rocking horses, a doll bench, bitty baby bouncer, and an entire laundry hamper of misc. items. So there was progress made!
Sounds like you did good today. I ended up working on the garage clutter today. I dunno why I decided to go out there around 6pm. Since i was already in my pj's i couldnt open up the garage. BOY WAS IT HOT!!!!!!

So here's what put in the declutter pile and i took pics and upload to CL...

7=Men Xlarge Shirts
8= Mens Large Shirts
11=3T girls clothes
6= 4T girls clothes
5= 6 & 7/8 girls clothes
7= large Home interior Pictures
2= shirts threw away in the trash
------------------
46 items total to be gone

Funny thing is,,,,,,I was thinking boy people on here are gonna think my home looks like a hoaders home but it doesnt-lol! My junk is in the spare room and in containers or large trash bags in the garge.

BTW when i'm finished grouping items into bags, taking photos and pricing, DH comes in and says he has more stuff he could add to my stuff I told him its to hot and i'm done for the evening. We still need to tackle his closet He has more clothes and junk then i do
Old 06-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #216
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I worked in my spare room tonight.

I had an easter basket full of stuff that needed to be shedded. I also cleared a pile i had next to my desk. Let just say I had to empty the shredder basket 3 times-lol! I also got rid of junk papers and trash so a Huge black trash bag will leave my house

I have mnot had any hits on craigs list so I'm trying to convince dh to help me with a yardsale. I have one month to get rid of this clutter!!!!!

I still have lot of work to do in my spare room. I cant organize it with all the pile of craig list stuff in there.

At the rate I'm going my goal now is to just clear, clean and organize my spare room.

Next goal will be the garage or my bedroom, but not until Thanksgiving week.

How is everyone doing??????
Old 06-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #217
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

I have been working on this for two years now and I am just amazed how the more I get rid of the more I need to get rid of stuff!
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #218
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
I have been working on this for two years now and I am just amazed how the more I get rid of the more I need to get rid of stuff!
Exactly!!

I've found if I give an area another sort through that I can let go of more things too. Like I saw it once and deemed it important but when I haven't' even thought about for 6mth-1yr and go through it again I realize it's not important and can get rid of it.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #219
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I am finally getting back to this task. There are so many things laying around the house for so long they have actually become part of the "decor". This weekend I am committed to putting everything away. The visual clutter is paralyzing me at this point so I am going to do a quick sweep now - some things will get tossed right away - then come back and go through each drawer, cabinet, closet and do some serious purging.
cluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #220
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

sounds like everyone is doing a great job. I will do some more work in my spare room. I seem to get more done when dh isnt here-lol! Funny thing is my home is super clean except my bedroom(not to bad) but my spareroom is horrible. I think because there to much going on in there....its my iron room, office, junk room and craftroom.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #221
Mouse7116
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
I feel exactly the same way. Maybe it's because once we get started we realize that there are more things we can let go of.

Still plugging away here with lots more to do. Have a good start with some more garage sale materials with a friend's garage sale on for next weekend. Hopefully I'll get more stuff tagged this weekend!

Otherwise, still working on the attic (which is really our master bedroom) and have made it almost 1/2 way though purging and putting away. Now if I could just get the rest of the people who live in this house to pick up after themselves.......
Old 07-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #222
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse7116 View Post
I feel exactly the same way. Maybe it's because once we get started we realize that there are more things we can let go of.

Still plugging away here with lots more to do. Have a good start with some more garage sale materials with a friend's garage sale on for next weekend. Hopefully I'll get more stuff tagged this weekend!

Otherwise, still working on the attic (which is really our master bedroom) and have made it almost 1/2 way though purging and putting away. Now if I could just get the rest of the people who live in this house to pick up after themselves.......
Decluttering is very theraptic. I've heard on hoarder type shows that clutter are emotional issues and letting go of the past. The more want to move forward the more i'm able to part with things as before I was unable to. I really want to be blessed to have another child after years of fertility issues. I told hubby I just feel a HUGE need to clear out this room and the clutter throughout the house, maybe this will bring good baby vibes for us, if not , it will be a nice organized craftroom to enjoy.Plus i'm tired of holding on to the past , its time to live in the present and look forward to the future

Today I cleared off my desk and orgaized it, I also worked on another craft shelf I have. I got plastic shoe boxes and 1 is for more mail stuff to shred and the other for mail stuff to file. I threw out another grocery bag of paper and junk. Next task will be m craft table, then my closet, then my craft cabinet.

As far as dd she has finally been keeping her room clean and organized. My sister will be taking her on a shopping spree and I told dd she needs to go through her clothes before she brings more in. When her room does start getting messy I remind her no laptop or ipod touch(internet) if her room isnt cleaned up.

Dh I'm not even going to go there until the very end-lol! I wont get him going until we are ready to paint our bedroom and put new flooring in .

I feel like I'm finally gertting somewherein this spareroom
Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #223
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluvsdisney View Post
I am finally getting back to this task. There are so many things laying around the house for so long they have actually become part of the "decor". This weekend I am committed to putting everything away. The visual clutter is paralyzing me at this point so I am going to do a quick sweep now - some things will get tossed right away - then come back and go through each drawer, cabinet, closet and do some serious purging.
I agree about the visual clutter being paralyzing.

I will get in mood and to qucik sweeps. This week i sold 12 small craft items and sold a girls lot of clothes - 5 items. I made $25 that will be going to my cc payment. I did a sweep and got rid of 3 grocery bags of junk papers. I also have maybe another 3 grocery bags of shredded bills.

Tomorrow I have some more shredding to do. I know have my container of must shred and must file. I feel a lot more organized and when i feel that way i feel less stressed.

My spareroom looks a lot better . I dont feel as overwhelmed when i walk in.

One other thing i want to organize is my cabinet that holds all my bakeware ,electic roaster and crockpots.

The plan was to also declutter my bedroon but i think that will have to wait until next mini break...Thanksgiving.

How is everyone doing with their decluttering????
Old 07-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #224
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

dreamin disney - you are getting a lot done! That's great you are feeling less stressed!!

I did get my quick sweep done the first weekend of July. My main focus was the desk. It's our hot zone since it's right by the door and it's where all the mail, receipts, packages, and so on gets dropped. It yielded 2 smallish cartons of papers to be recycled plus a pile of shredding. I set up files for DH's papers and reorganized the house files. And being a nerd, we now have a charging station for all of our electronic devices and a printing station.

I also started tackling my scrapbook/craft room. The amount of things I have is obscene. I sorted through all my papers, ribbons & scraps. A lot got tossed and I set aside a bunch of items to list on some FB selling groups. My mother volunteers at a library with a kid craft program, so she's going to find out if they can use these types of supplies and I'll send a box down to her.

And last but not least, I deleted all the old emails in my gmail account. There were over 10,000 since I never deleted them. There's about 50 or so I want to go through to grab some links. And I also unsubscribed from most of the blogs I followed in my reader. I used to have 30-40 new blog posts to read, delete or do something with every day. Now there's maybe 5. LIBERATING!

Next up is the bottom of the clothes closet and the big hall closet. They can be compared to the black hole. hahaha!! DH said I can do what ever I want with what ever is in there. There's going to come a time when he will care about what I want to toss so I am saving those areas for last.
cluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #225
delmar411
DIS Veteran

I've been a bit frozen on dealing with the stuff in the house ever since we got back from vacation. But my parents arrive in 2 days to visit so that's lit a fire under me.

I'm working in the boys room today but not feeling like I'm making progress. I think I should have some b-fast before I go back in there. That would probably help!

The garage is full again too. It is beyond annoying that this keeps happening. The real problem is the house is simply too small and there isn't anything I can do about that problem!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: