Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #151
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,964

How is everyone doing with destashing???

I post a desk, treadmill and gazelle exercise equip on craigs List and sold. I've posted clothes too but no luck on those. Today I pulled into my garage and it was so nice having a lil more space. The clothes i had in my spare room are in bags to sell in Lots . It feels good to walk into my spare room and not see a huge pile of stuff. I still have a large bag of toys to go through and maybe 2 more lots of clothes to post. If these dont sale then I will have to have a yardsale then donate the rest. I still have a lot more stuff to destash that in my garage but selling the bigger items will make it easier to go through the rest of the stuff.

I think i'm getting addicted to Destashing especially when its bringing in CA$H!

So give updates on how your all doing. Lets keep motivating each other
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #152
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
How is everyone doing with destashing???

I post a desk, treadmill and gazelle exercise equip on craigs List and sold. I've posted clothes too but no luck on those. Today I pulled into my garage and it was so nice having a lil more space. The clothes i had in my spare room are in bags to sell in Lots . It feels good to walk into my spare room and not see a huge pile of stuff. I still have a large bag of toys to go through and maybe 2 more lots of clothes to post. If these dont sale then I will have to have a yardsale then donate the rest. I still have a lot more stuff to destash that in my garage but selling the bigger items will make it easier to go through the rest of the stuff.

I think i'm getting addicted to Destashing especially when its bringing in CA$H!

So give updates on how your all doing. Lets keep motivating each other
Where did everyone go????Anyone else destashing/decluttering?????

Well I got rid of 62 pieces of my dd's clothes. At first i had them listed as lots on CL. I got some helpful hints from the dis MB. I listed the 3 lots into one huge lot and listed greats for people with kids, resellers or anyone opening up a store or consignment shop. I had 2 people respond. 2 people interested one offered $20 less and the 2nd asked if i'd go down in price. I lowered it by $10 and let her know someone else was also interested. Sold!!
I've maid $185 in the lastweek.

I have another lot of clothes i need to take photos of and 2 more tubs of dd's clothes to go through . I also have a bag of dh's clothes to go throught but those will be posted cheap. The last stuff to destash will be dd's old toys.

so how are you destashing......
yardsale
trashing it
donating
giving it away
etc,

any challenges going on?
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #153
mafibisha
DIS Veteran
 
mafibisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,778

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
Where did everyone go????Anyone else destashing/decluttering?????

Well I got rid of 62 pieces of my dd's clothes. At first i had them listed as lots on CL. I got some helpful hints from the dis MB. I listed the 3 lots into one huge lot and listed greats for people with kids, resellers or anyone opening up a store or consignment shop. I had 2 people respond. 2 people interested one offered $20 less and the 2nd asked if i'd go down in price. I lowered it by $10 and let her know someone else was also interested. Sold!!
I've maid $185 in the lastweek.

I have another lot of clothes i need to take photos of and 2 more tubs of dd's clothes to go through . I also have a bag of dh's clothes to go throught but those will be posted cheap. The last stuff to destash will be dd's old toys.

so how are you destashing......
yardsale
trashing it
donating
giving it away
etc,

any challenges going on?
Sounds great! I'm plugging along, doing some donating, a few Craigslist sales, some tossing out. Its starting to look alot better!

What is the *dis MB* ?
__________________
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

we Disney:

DH Me

and our fur baby

Thank You, maggiew!
mafibisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #154
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafibisha View Post
Sounds great! I'm plugging along, doing some donating, a few Craigslist sales, some tossing out. Its starting to look alot better!

What is the *dis MB* ?
dis MB is this site= DIS Message Board

My plans were to come home and destash some more but I was helping dd with a project. The clothes I sold made a huge difference inthe large pile i had in my spare room. My goal is to get rid of the rest of that pile, Then i will move on to the tubs in the garage
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #155
4 Ears
previously 8 Ears
 
4 Ears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winter Haven, Florida :)
Posts: 496

For now, until we move my destashing is done. Recently we did get rid of our tread mill.

DH on flight to Florida right now for an interview. Cross your fingers he gets the position

This years thread is MUCH slower than previous ones
4 Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #156
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,524

Lots of destashing going on. Have company coming for Easter and all the junk is in the spare room. Got rid of the cardboard box collection & a huge bag ready to go to goodwill. Have some stuff to go on craigslist too but out of town this weekend & will probably wait until we get back.

Best part so far is the cans of paint left in the garage by the previous homeowner that finally got taken to hazardous waste. Lived there 7 years
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #157
mafibisha
DIS Veteran
 
mafibisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,778

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
dis MB is this site= DIS Message Board
Well of course! I should've known LOL b/c I LOVE the DIS MBs!!!

Thanks!

__________________
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

we Disney:

DH Me

and our fur baby

Thank You, maggiew!
mafibisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #158
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,964

dh is redoing my cabinet so theres 2 big drawers that i need to go through and clean out. I found two more bags of clothes in my spareroom closet so now i need to go through that and post it on CL along with my dd's clothes i have. in that same room. I dont know if I will ever make it to the garage bins-lol!

25 pieces of womens clothes i hope sells on Cl
30 pieces of dd's clothes to post
the 2 bags i found in closet probably have another 40 pieces

I still need to hit
-my closet
-dh's side of the closet
-walk way closet
-craft closet
-garage tubs
-shed

is there a DIS group where we can post not to sell stuff but get tips for selling stuff or how to price things. A section just for this kind of stuff.
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #159
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,964

destashing continues today. I feel a lil lost today. I found so many new lil items . I use to do all sorts of crafts so I'd buy stuff to make and never used.
I got one tub and put the new itemes in 3 picture frames, cute flower bookmarker, deco bird house, 2 easal stands, set of wall deco scrolls, 6 xmas candle holders, x-mas teddy bear small gift holder, a few angels and bears nick knacks, and a brand new x-mas gift i got its the 2 cows 1 is a creamer and the other not sure and it comes with candy still in package. the candy is no good but the cows make cute decor,

in another bag i but several spools of brand new wired ribbon, plactic button pins,

I need another box for dd's toys. I found 2 brand new games, squinkie holiday set that we forgot to give her for x-mas(so much for hiding it til x-mas) new kids keyboard(another gift we forgot to give her cuz we were hiding it until x-mas-lol!

Another box I'm putting clothes in

This is still only from my spare room. I still need to go through my craft stuff

I never really realized how much extra stuff we have that we dont need, or we never used or we forgot about. I can't believe I found some of dd's x-mas toys . This year for x-mas I will buy a huge x-mas giftbag and put all her gift in there until they get wrapped. Dh and I hide her gift in different spots oh boy.

well my goal is to finish most of this room tonight. Doing all this destashing is making my allergies go nuts!


whats everyone working on ? Are there any challenges going on? I've lost track of my numbers. My main goal is to have my home completely destashed by july30th of this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even better if its done sooner
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #160
4 Ears
previously 8 Ears
 
4 Ears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winter Haven, Florida :)
Posts: 496

In prepping for our move, DS 20 and myself helped DH in the shed today. He divided up the tools for each of the boys (other DS 17) and my step father. Trashed are 2 fenders from truck we no longer have, LOTS of tools (paint, nails, screws...), a saw horse, a bike and just shed/garage stuff in general.

HUGE job we checked off our to-do list!

What are planning on working on this weekend?
4 Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #161
delmar411
DIS Veteran
 
delmar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 8,873

I was supposed to be spending this week working on the house and the kids rooms but I just can't deal with their rooms. It takes me all day to do each room and it sucks too much. All those little pieces from toys and legos is really overwhelming. There is a place for everything but getting it back into place is the issue.

Soooo, I've been sticking with more paper decluttering and going to the gym. I guess that counts as I'm decluttering calories.

I *really* want to finish a picture project I started a while back so maybe that should be my goal. Finish the frames and get them up on the wall. That's do-able.

Not sure if I should save all the 5x7 frames though or what. I took down around 50 of them (maybe more) and I have them in a bin on the stairs. It's full now even though I have more pics to take down to put into the new frames. It was a lot of money to buy the frames...maybe I can store them at my mom's house and she can use whichever of them she wants.
__________________
Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one. ~Abbott Joseph Liebling
The test of democracy is freedom of criticism. ~David Ben-Gurion
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #162
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
I was supposed to be spending this week working on the house and the kids rooms but I just can't deal with their rooms. It takes me all day to do each room and it sucks too much. All those little pieces from toys and legos is really overwhelming. There is a place for everything but getting it back into place is the issue.

Soooo, I've been sticking with more paper decluttering and going to the gym. I guess that counts as I'm decluttering calories.

I *really* want to finish a picture project I started a while back so maybe that should be my goal. Finish the frames and get them up on the wall. That's do-able.

Not sure if I should save all the 5x7 frames though or what. I took down around 50 of them (maybe more) and I have them in a bin on the stairs. It's full now even though I have more pics to take down to put into the new frames. It was a lot of money to buy the frames...maybe I can store them at my mom's house and she can use whichever of them she wants.
try selling the frames on Craigs List. You can price per frame and in same post say or Lot (so many frames) for $$

Good luck!

I just destashed a few more items.

This spare room is just taking for ever. I'm about to throw it all in a huge box and sell as a Lot on CL for cheap!
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #163
beaucoup
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,429

Just found this 2012 thread version. I participated last year while DH was deployed and felt I got some large items moved out alone. I even managed to completely redo a room (furniture & all) & hold a garage sale all by myself last year. I still have many small items to deal with. Lots of closets & drawers to go through. Now that DH is home from deployment, I would love for him to help me, but I can't seem to get him motivated in this department.

I will be following this thread in hopes I can get back on the bandwagon. Maybe he will see me & start helping.

He brought home way too many footlockers of military junk & items he needed to live there currently spread across the garage floor even he doesn't know what to do with. I have no more space to store anymore of this stuff.

Last edited by beaucoup; 03-17-2012 at 02:20 PM.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #164
delmar411
DIS Veteran
 
delmar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 8,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
try selling the frames on Craigs List. You can price per frame and in same post say or Lot (so many frames) for $$

Good luck!

I just destashed a few more items.

This spare room is just taking for ever. I'm about to throw it all in a huge box and sell as a Lot on CL for cheap!
I might have to do just that. My parents are apparently tearing apart and remodeling the basement (including my old bedroom) so if I bring the frames there, they might end up given away in the remodel.

I never got to the picture project today either. And I have a bunch of photobook coupons that expire today so I'm not sure what to do about them.
__________________
Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one. ~Abbott Joseph Liebling
The test of democracy is freedom of criticism. ~David Ben-Gurion
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #165
beaucoup
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,429

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post

I never got to the picture project today either. And I have a bunch of photobook coupons that expire today so I'm not sure what to do about them.
I think the best stradegy for those is to work on the photobooks when you can, let them sit in your account, and when you see a coupon, then order.

Not see a coupon, and try to make a book in the short window of time allowed before it expires.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: