Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #136
delmar411
DIS Veteran

my 100 things so far:

7 mailing boxes with packing
1 kitchen aid mixer box (only saving until I got the rebate and I got that last month)
5 christmas village houses
8 bottles of shampoo
1 broken jumprope
15 coloring books
13 workbooks

50 exactly! Halfway there!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #137
charming23
DIS Veteran

My 100 things, so far are

6 t-shirts
3 pairs of pants
4 skirts
1 dress
16 books
12 cds
4 dvds

46 items so far
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #138
weluvdizne
Mouseketeer

Ok, so I am at around 150 items. But almost 100 of them were old vhs tapes. That's not even half of them. I ran out of boxes, so i took those movies to my sister (to pick what she wants and donate the rest) and she gave me a few more boxes. I also went through some stuff in the basement. Set a bunch aside for the kids resale sale in April and some things to donate. In the process, found Easter basket items for all 3 kids so won't be spending any $ for that this year.
Dropped a load off at Goodwill tonight.

Oh yeah, we had two Capri Sun boxes full of batteries waiting to be dropped off for recycling. Finally dropped them off today.

Plan to conquer more tomorrow. This feels really good! Thanks for putting up this challenge!

weluvdizne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #139
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
my 100 things so far:

7 mailing boxes with packing
1 kitchen aid mixer box (only saving until I got the rebate and I got that last month)
8 bottles of shampoo
1 broken jumprope
15 coloring books
13 workbooks

50 exactly! Halfway there!
ok new list:

9 mailing boxes with packing
1 kitchen aid mixer box
8 bottles of shampoo
1 broken jumprope
8 winter hats
20 plastic bowls
2 plastic plates
5 plastic bowl lids
1 zipper binder
21 coloring books
26 activity books
44 workbooks

fling total : 151 things

Plus I got v-day stuff back into their bin and put away plus put away some craft supplies that have been sitting out for about a month and got the whole downstairs vacuumed.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #140
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Only up to about 80 items but I'm loving how much neater it is around here! Gotta find just 20 more!

(actually I decided that 'paper' was one item so if I had counted all those separately I'm sure I'd be over 100.)
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #141
happydisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Hi, I would love to join this group. DH and I are moving into the master bedroom soon (we decided to reclean and repaint the entire room and bathroom so all of our stuff is out of that room. Somehow in the few months that we have not been in there, we accumulated a lot of stuff. When we move our stuff back in, I do not want a lot of clutter so I really want to start destashing now. I am going to try for the 100 items but maybe do it today and tomorrow. We'll see what I can come up with.

happydisneyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #142
rhonda_2003
Mouseketeer

More gone :)

Although I recently went through both of my chidlren's room recently, I got 100 items out of my daughter's room yesterday/today. Between trash and things she just decided she doesn't play with anymore. 20+ used up coloring books and notebooks, broken pencils and crayons, pens that won't write, broken dress-up jewelry, and more On to my my son's room now.

OKW-May 2012-with all four of us plus 5 of our friends
CSR-Dec 2011-DS's first trip
POFQ-June 2009-DD's first trip; I was 6 months pregnant too!
CBR-Mar 2003-Our honeymoon....worst trip in history!
Several off-site visits as a kid
rhonda_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #143
StephMK
DIS Veteran

I finally hit 100 but I had to really look for stuff. I'm happy to say that the last year's thread really helped & I think I have gone through all our closets, drawers, cabinets, etc. over the last year and things are pretty pared down. Most of our clutter is daily living stuff that no one seems to put away.

I still need to organize my pics & I'm hoping to make that a summer project. I have a small pile of stuff to sell but will set a date and donate them too if they are still in the house.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #144
kristennn
Mouseketeer

I love this thread!
I am constantly trying to "destash" My biggest problem is that I buy nice things for my kids with the idea that i will sell them on ebay when we are done - and I do ... but I am not as good at doing it promptly as I should be. I also have to constantly be reminding myself that it is good to give some stuff away - things that are too big or heavy to ship in a cost effective way - or clothes that are no longer in close to perfect condition.
My youngest is 2.5 so lately I have been working on de-stashing the last of her baby stuff - mostly to friends that are having babies.
There are very few things I have had issues with getting rid of - but I can already forsee having problems when both my kids outgrow all of their kid-stuff.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #145
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I got rid of dd's
3 dress type Pj's
2 pairs of flip flops
3 coloring books
1 book
3 tops
1 small wood file table drawer
1 cd program manual
1 cd

15 items so far. I cleaned a section of my 3rd room which is a office/craft/junk room. I threw out a large bag of trash, paper, boxes, packages. Now i need to go through dd's pile of junk (clothes, toys, purses, shoes, misc) she left in that room.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #146
elcodfish
Mouseketeer

I have been working on getting rid of the clutter as well. A great motivator for me is finding a charity that will come to you and pick up donations. I love it because it saves me the time and effort of going to goodwill plus it gives me a deadline. I know Goodwill will come if you have a lot of furniture, also the Cancer Federation, but I usually donate to the Vietnam Veterans Association, they will take anything but electric tools and exercise machines.
elcodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #147
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcodfish View Post
I have been working on getting rid of the clutter as well. A great motivator for me is finding a charity that will come to you and pick up donations. I love it because it saves me the time and effort of going to goodwill plus it gives me a deadline. I know Goodwill will come if you have a lot of furniture, also the Cancer Federation, but I usually donate to the Vietnam Veterans Association, they will take anything but electric tools and exercise machines.
I do this, too. I use Purple Heart and can even schedule the pickup online. It makes decluttering so much easier.

I'm setting aside toys that people give to my new baby for her Christmas presents. She won't know about them, and I'll try to not buy her much at Christmas time.

I'm up to 70 things so far. I give away constantly, so it's hard for me to find things that we don't actually use on a regular basis. I guess that's a good thing? I did find an old ice tray and one-use ice pack (aleady used) in the freezer today, so those are gone now, too. I'm also trying to not bring much into the house. That really really helps.
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #148
ryem's mom
Counting down the days

I am still working at destashing. We found out over the weekend we are moving!!! Yeah!!! So I spent the weekend packing stuff we won't need right now, and have been pitching a ton of stuff. I realize that there is stuff that I just don't want to move!!! I have a bunch of bags to drop off.

ryem's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:46 AM   #149
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
I got rid of dd's
3 dress type Pj's
2 pairs of flip flops
3 coloring books
1 book
3 tops
1 small wood file table drawer
1 cd program manual
1 cd

15 items so far. I cleaned a section of my 3rd room which is a office/craft/junk room. I threw out a large bag of trash, paper, boxes, packages. Now i need to go through dd's pile of junk (clothes, toys, purses, shoes, misc) she left in that room.
I started going through the huge pile in my spare room. I have a few items I'm going to post on craigslist. Hopefully the items will sell because the extra money will be nice. I plan on going through my stashes and posting stuff here and there. By July whatever hasn't sold will be donated.
So tonight I have another ....
-25 items of girls clothes
-desk
-tv cabinet
-cardio machine
-comforter
-2 deco pillo cases
-3 deco pillows
-1 top tossed in trash stained

Hopefully the above items sell so that will be a total of 50 items. I still have a lot more to go through. I have a lot of clothes to get rid of. Is it better to sell single item of clothing at a yardsale or in bulk on craigslist? I know at a yardsale I clothes will go for less and CL clothes go for more $.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #150
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
I started going through the huge pile in my spare room. I have a few items I'm going to post on craigslist. Hopefully the items will sell because the extra money will be nice. I plan on going through my stashes and posting stuff here and there. By July whatever hasn't sold will be donated.
So tonight I have another ....
-25 items of girls clothes
-desk
-tv cabinet
-cardio machine
-comforter
-2 deco pillo cases
-3 deco pillows
-1 top tossed in trash stained

Hopefully the above items sell so that will be a total of 50 items. I still have a lot more to go through. I have a lot of clothes to get rid of. Is it better to sell single item of clothing at a yardsale or in bulk on craigslist? I know at a yardsale I clothes will go for less and CL clothes go for more $.
yaaay! We sold our desk for $25 on craigslist. I'm posting a bunch of stuff. I got a lil addicted to posting on CL -lol! Hopefully I sale a few more items.

I've also added more itemes to my get rid of list

-treadmill
-swing
-bouncer
-2 car seats
-file cabinet
-ab cruncher

Total in the get rid of list 57 items

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: