Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Koda
Mouseketeer

Buses from CBR to 1/2 finish?

If DH and DD decide to "sleep-in", and just meet me at the 1/2 finish, instead of coming with me to the start, will they be able to get there via Disney bus? I though I read on the rundisney site that there will be no bus service between 5-7 a.m. the morning of the 1/2, because of runners on the roads.

I am in corral B, and figure I will be finishing between 8:00-8:30 depending on how many character/photo stops I make. They should probably catch a bus from CBR around 6:30 in order to get there, and have time to get to the finish line.

Is this possible? Any suggestions or alternative plans? BTW, we will not have a car, so are at the mercy of WDW transpo.

Thanks!
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

If they wait and catch the first MARATHON bus, they should make it to the race in time. This assumes that last year's traffic woes are repaired. The regular Disney buses will more than likely get them to the race a little later since they officially start around 8 AM to Epcot. Since both sets of buses run the entire resort loop, they should grab the first bus (marathon or Epcot) they see.

The alternative is to drive or hail a cab. If they drive, they MUST leave the resort and head east on Buena Vista. Make a left on Bonnet Creek and then a left onto Epcot Dr at Vacation Club Dr. Trying to go around the other way will not work. The issue with driving is that the start line structure is further down Epcot this year so the route described may not be open until 0700, regardless.

All this to say, catch the 5 or 7 bus. The 0500 would allow them to see you at the TTC and Poly (what else would one do in a parking lot other than try to find something to do). The 0700 bus would have them there just in time, hopefully. I think in this specific case, driving later than the 0500 bus would be prohibitive given your timing.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
Koda
Mouseketeer

Do you mean the "first MARATHON bus" at 7:00? So they do indeed stop the bus service to the marathon between 5 and 7?

Thank you so much for your advice and information! I'm just trying to figure out how DD 17 can get the most zzzs, and still be there when I finish. We will have 3 days in a row of very early mornings (early flight Thursday, DD and I both running the 5k on Friday, and my 1/2 marathon Saturday). We will try and get to bed early, but also want to spend some time in the parks. We fly out Sunday (later flight thank goodness!), because DD has to get back to school for midterm exams. Not an ideal trip, but we have been to WDW many times, so we know our way around, and will just do our favorite attractions.

This race has been on my bucket list for a long time, and I am so excited!!!
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Yes,, sorry for the short hand. At times the marathon busing will resume a little early so it may be worth their effort to head out 15 minutes or so earlier.

When our DD and friend were at that age we let them sleep in. They went to Old Port Royale for some fun while I started trying to get into sleep mode. CBR suffers from Illuminations sound effects for if you are in bead before 9, you will have a small wake up call during the show. Then you have the neighbors who are getting in from the show about 30 minutes later. Not being negative but relaying some of our CBR experiences. Loved the resort and tried to stay in Jamaica or Aruba so we were on one of the first stops for buses entering the resort.

Have fun. This is a great race for a destination race.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: