Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #286
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I am still jealous and wish we were going. If they had not changed the dates around so much we could be planning too.
We wish you & David could be there. We'll miss you. Are you sure you couldn't swing a quick weekend at Swolphin? The package rates are really a good deal!

How are you feeling, Brandi?

When you are working on the AKL List next, would you please change my info? (I didn't want to post this request on Lite 7!) I am currently listed 10/7-12 at SSR and 10/12-14 at Swan. The updated info is: 10/7 at Art of Animation; 10/8-12 at BCV; 10/12-14 at Dolphin and 10/14-17 at AKL-CL! (I'm getting pretty good at multi-split stays! ) Thanks!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #287
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
We wish you & David could be there. We'll miss you. Are you sure you couldn't swing a quick weekend at Swolphin? The package rates are really a good deal!

How are you feeling, Brandi?

When you are working on the AKL List next, would you please change my info? (I didn't want to post this request on Lite 7!) I am currently listed 10/7-12 at SSR and 10/12-14 at Swan. The updated info is: 10/7 at Art of Animation; 10/8-12 at BCV; 10/12-14 at Dolphin and 10/14-17 at AKL-CL! (I'm getting pretty good at multi-split stays! ) Thanks!
Laura,

I have updated the list, multi split stay is an understatement....

I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time!

I am doing ok, the hot poker in my head is no longer there, so to me that is an improvement.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #288
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

I have a question about the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Fest:

Is the food and wine the same on both nights? I don't know whether to buy tickets for both nights or not.

Thanks to Brandi, Jack and I are staying at Kidani.

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #289
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post

Is the food and wine the same on both nights? I don't know whether to buy tickets for both nights or not.

Kathy, to the best of my recollection, the same vendors were there both nights and there were some repeats, but there were also different wines and foods to try each night.

Will you and Jack be happy if you only buy tickets for one of the evenings? Heck, yeah! And you can buy the tickets at the start of the event if you like. Unlike the seminars, the Concourse doesn't sell out. I believe walk-ups for the unlimited Concourse samplings were $5 more than advanced purchase. They also have individual ticket purchase available. The 2nd night, I bought a 20-ticket pack rather than the all-inclusive wristband (most samplings, both food and wines, were 2 tickets each).

If I could only do one night, I'd choose Friday. Opening night and possibly a little less crowded than Saturday night (although that's debatable! ) Then I'd still have the option of doing the 2nd night if inspiration struck!!

Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #290
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:

Whoop!!!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #291
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Laura,
I just saw that you are staying at the AoA the first night. How cool! I want to see pictures! We want to stay there someday.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #292
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Laura,
I just saw that you are staying at the AoA the first night. How cool! I want to see pictures! We want to stay there someday.
That's my plan, Alison -- lots of pictures! I will only be staying in the regular resort room though - Little Mermaid - not a suite. I'll save the (Lion King) suite for another trip and hope the rooms are discounted by then!! Right now there are no discounts for AoA -- not even AAA.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #293
franandaj

Are the suites the ones with the table and Murphy bed? We want one of those for the extra room. I was to stay in the Cars or Nemo wings.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 04-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #294
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Are the suites the ones with the table and Murphy bed? We want one of those for the extra room. I was to stay in the Cars or Nemo wings.
From the description I've seen, there is one section with regular, value-type rooms (2 double beds or 1 king) - the Little Mermaid section. The other areas: Nemo, Cars, and Lion King are all Suites.

Here's the info I just located on Disney's website:

" Finding Nemo Family Suites—Opening May 31, 2012—Book Now!
Cars Family Suites—Opening June 18, 2012—Book Now!
The Lion King Family Suites—Opening August 10, 2012—Book Now!
The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms—Opening September 15, 2012—Book Now!

Room Types
Disney's Art of Animation Resort features room types for almost every party size and preference—including standard rooms and family suites.

Spacious family suites are designed to comfortably accommodate up to 6 Guests and include:

2 separate bathrooms
A master bedroom
3 separate sleeping areas within the living space, which includes a generously sized dining or work table that easily transforms into a comfortable bed.

Resort Features
With 1,120 suites designed after Finding Nemo, Cars and The Lion King, and 864 rooms inspired by The Little Mermaid, you'll feel like you're staying in the middle of a Disney story with all of your favorite characters. Family suites are scheduled to open in May 2012 and standard rooms are scheduled to open September 2012.

Just outside your colorful accommodations, you'll find imaginative amenities, 3 sparkling swimming pools and 4 playful courtyards—one for each film—to complete your Resort experience."

Old 04-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #295
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Laura,

Thanks for the information. I think we'll buy tickets for Friday night before we go and make a decision about Saturday night when we're there.

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #296
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Laura,

Thanks for the information. I think we'll buy tickets for Friday night before we go and make a decision about Saturday night when we're there.
Sounds like a good plan!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #297
franandaj

This is an excerpt of my TR from the Destination D event last May where they covered the AoA resort, so this is the knowledge that I have. After rereading it I can see where the Little Mermaid section would be a value type resort as the rooms appear to be a little different than the other ones described. I really liked the idea of having a "dining table". My DVC has spoiled me immensely!

Art of Animation Resort

The first slide is a sketch of the outside and check in building of the resort. Overall there will be 10 guest room buildings. 3 Pools and some number of Commercial buildings, but I didn’t get that one in my notes. Welcoming you into the resort will be Lightning McQueen, Ariel from the Little Mermaid, Nemo and Simba.

In the check in area/lobby there will be a color palette and rough sketches on the walls.

The resort is laid out in 4 different guest building areas. There will be 864 Standard rooms and 100+ family suites that will sleep six people. After you leave the Commercial building you will step into the story of each of the individual movies. As you can see from the slide below, the accommodations are divided into four different resort areas based on each of the movies/characters.

Each building is set in a different scale where you are the size of the main character. In each of the areas, the buildings will frame the courtyard. The backs of all the buildings will have original artwork featured on the back of the buildings.

The Nemo courtyard area will feature a pool, units will have a hallway entrance.

From this artist rendering, in this courtyard, you are the size of the main character, Nemo.

The rooms will be themed as well. The Adult bed will have themed headboards, nightstands, even light fixtures. There will be a dining table in each room that pulls down into a Murphy Bed. Each Murphy bed will let the kid sleep next to the host character of the resort.

Next up is the Cars Courtyard and buildings.

These are the sketches for the buildings

Evidently the buildings and courtyard will somehow have a new road paved to the Cozy cone Motel There will be 11 characters pictured in the Courtyard. The Ratio will be one to one in the size of the cars. There will be 11 photo ops in the courtyard. The Backdrops will all be stage sets.

The guest rooms will be themed after a room at the Cozy Cone motel. Again the kitchen table will double as a Murphy bed for the kiddo(s).

The Lion King Courtyard will be a quiet area with no pool.

In this building the icons will be in the courtyard and not pictured on the buildings.

You will be the size of Simba and again there will be numerous photo opportunities.

The room will be themed to the jungle, and the Murphy bed allows you to sleep next to Simba.

The last section of the Art of Animation resort is the Little Mermaid In this resort you will be the size of Sebastian. This part of the resort will be the only section that will have entrances from the exterior of the building.

Triton and Ursula will be larger than life and dominate much of the area, but because of the balconies, there will not be murals on the walls.

Again the rooms will be themed, but it looks as though this part of the resort will not have the Murphy beds.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #298
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
From the description I've seen, there is one section with regular, value-type rooms (2 double beds or 1 king) - the Little Mermaid section. The other areas: Nemo, Cars, and Lion King are all Suites.

Here's the info I just located on Disney's website:

" Finding Nemo Family Suites—Opening May 31, 2012—Book Now!
Cars Family Suites—Opening June 18, 2012—Book Now!
The Lion King Family Suites—Opening August 10, 2012—Book Now!
The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms—Opening September 15, 2012—Book Now!

Room Types
Disney's Art of Animation Resort features room types for almost every party size and preference—including standard rooms and family suites.

Spacious family suites are designed to comfortably accommodate up to 6 Guests and include:

2 separate bathrooms
A master bedroom
3 separate sleeping areas within the living space, which includes a generously sized dining or work table that easily transforms into a comfortable bed.

Resort Features
With 1,120 suites designed after Finding Nemo, Cars and The Lion King, and 864 rooms inspired by The Little Mermaid, you'll feel like you're staying in the middle of a Disney story with all of your favorite characters. Family suites are scheduled to open in May 2012 and standard rooms are scheduled to open September 2012.

Just outside your colorful accommodations, you'll find imaginative amenities, 3 sparkling swimming pools and 4 playful courtyards—one for each film—to complete your Resort experience."

I just reread your post and I must have made a mistake in my note taking at the presentation, they probably said 1100 suites, and I wrote down 100 suites. Did they say how much suites cost? I'm afraid to ask!

Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #299
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I just reread your post and I must have made a mistake in my note taking at the presentation, they probably said 1100 suites, and I wrote down 100 suites. Did they say how much suites cost? I'm afraid to ask!
Well, you know it varies by season and October my rack rate for the Little Mermaid room is $130+tax ($146.25) and the suites rack rate is $360+tax! I would be willing to do that sometime, but hopefully with at least a AAA discount.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #300
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

I have the feeling AoA's food court, Landscapes of Flavor, will be my new favorite WDW food court!

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/...ian_grill.html

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: