Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #271
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Well, considering how Bob "eats" these days, hearty could consist of two cans. I will need to eat, but a few stops at kiosks ought to take care of my needs and will be much cheaper than a fancy-schmancy dinner like we used to do every night on these trips!
....and we all know the cost keeps going up, but the quality hasn't necessarily maintained. In many cases, it has gone downhill.

Yet, there are some restaurants that we just can not miss on our trips! (luckily they are not the Signatures!! )

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #272
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
....and we all know the cost keeps going up, but the quality hasn't necessarily maintained. In many cases, it has gone downhill.

Yet, there are some restaurants that we just can not miss on our trips! (luckily they are not the Signatures!! )
Amen Sister on that..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #273
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
It's gone downhill a lot! I almost wish I couldn't remember how good it used to be.

Quote:
Sadly, I think we like the signatures somewhat. Yachtsman, Jiko, and Brown Derby are still go to restaurants. Will try Artist Point for the first time this October.

Still a few good ones for us - Trails End breakfast, Turf Club was great and I still like Chefs de France. And I really want to try Flying Fish and Kouzzina as well.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #274
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
It's gone downhill a lot! I almost wish I couldn't remember how good it used to be.

Sadly, I think we like the signatures somewhat. Yachtsman, Jiko, and Brown Derby are still go to restaurants. Will try Artist Point for the first time this October.

Still a few good ones for us - Trails End breakfast, Turf Club was great and I still like Chefs de France. And I really want to try Flying Fish and Kouzzina as well.
We did the Chef wine pairing dinner at Flying Fish last year, it was during F&W but not a F&W event, we LOVED it..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #275
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Ann you are starting to sound like me.... Think positive and you will make it!
Quote:
Lots of positive vibes heading your way, Ann.
Quote:
You can do it, Ann! Everything will fall into place and you will be at WDW this October!! Where there's a will, there's a way!
Thank you all. I am remaining positive and really enjoying planning our days. You all are such a great group of friends.

Quote:

Laura I am working on ADR and plans. If you don't mind me asking what are your restaurants that can't be missed? We have reserved several new (to us) places.

Brandi we are doing Flying Fish for the first time. However I was told by BC IPO that the chefs wine dinner was a counter service????? Is that correct?

Ann
Old 03-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #276
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Our favorite spots are signature. And, until (and if) Bob can eat again, I don't plan on going there alone. So, we will play with the cards we have been dealt and love every minute of it!!

We love Yachtsman (may possibly go to the Crew's Cup and do a few things that are on the two menus). Love Flying Fish and Narcoossee's and Citrico's. But they will wait.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #277
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Thank you all. I am remaining positive and really enjoying planning our days. You all are such a great group of friends.

Laura I am working on ADR and plans. If you don't mind me asking what are your restaurants that can't be missed? We have reserved several new (to us) places.

Brandi we are doing Flying Fish for the first time. However I was told by BC IPO that the chefs wine dinner was a counter service????? Is that correct?

Ann
Ann, our not-to-be-missed restaurants have nothing to do with the food, but with the family memories we have and continue to make there!!

Biergarten is number one on our list for that reason!! 50s Prime Time is also on that list! (see? definitely not about the food! ) Boma, Rose & Crown, Narcoossees and LeCellier round out the list!

Quote:
Our favorite spots are signature. And, until (and if) Bob can eat again, I don't plan on going there alone. So, we will play with the cards we have been dealt and love every minute of it!!

We love Yachtsman (may possibly go to the Crew's Cup and do a few things that are on the two menus). Love Flying Fish and Narcoossee's and Citrico's. But they will wait.
Great attitude, Elin!

I have only eaten at Yachtsman once and was not impressed. I may have to try it again (from Crews Cup! )

When the paid events are released, I am hoping to book a Food & Wine (or Beer & Pizza) pairing. It will be interesting to see how expensive things get this year! I also plan to book a couple deminars -- one wine and one culinary since this is JD's first F&WF trip! Of course, if all we did was hit The Ditch every day, JD would be content!!

Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #278
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Ann, our not-to-be-missed restaurants have nothing to do with the food, but with the family memories we have and continue to make there!!

Biergarten is number one on our list for that reason!! 50s Prime Time is also on that list! (see? definitely not about the food! ) Boma, Rose & Crown, Narcoossees and LeCellier round out the list!

Great attitude, Elin!

I have only eaten at Yachtsman once and was not impressed. I may have to try it again (from Crews Cup! )

When the paid events are released, I am hoping to book a Food & Wine (or Beer & Pizza) pairing. It will be interesting to see how expensive things get this year! I also plan to book a couple deminars -- one wine and one culinary since this is JD's first F&WF trip! Of course, if all we did was hit The Ditch every day, JD would be content!!
I will be waiting to see what the prices are like this year too. I have to admit that I would LOVE to do a French Regional Lunch (Frunch) if the price doesn't go up too much. Bob would not be interested in that anyway, so no guilty pleasure in doing that!

We have had "hit or miss" meals just about everywhere on property, so we usually just decide what we think we will be hungry for in 6 months and roll those dice!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #279
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I will be waiting to see what the prices are like this year too. I have to admit that I would LOVE to do a French Regional Lunch (Frunch) if the price doesn't go up too much. Bob would not be interested in that anyway, so no guilty pleasure in doing that!

We have had "hit or miss" meals just about everywhere on property, so we usually just decide what we think we will be hungry for in 6 months and roll those dice!
Maybe we could do the Frunch as a Ladies afternoon out! JD wouldn't be interested in it either!

Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #280
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post

Ann
Ann, it is a full service dinner, and the chef comes out and explains eat course and the wine steward comes out and explains the wine pairing, now you are seated at a bar overlooking the kitchen, much like the "Cooking Place" at Jiko. You can talk to all the chefs while dinner is being prepared. I am pretty sure I have pictures in my last TR, it was a wonderful dinner and everyone was so nice and helpful.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 03-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #281
dgbg100106

Quote:
So we ate at Yachtsman this past October, and we were not impressed either, I think it was worst meal we had there and I vowed never to return.

Sounds like JD and David could just hang at the Ditch and be happy!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 03-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #282
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Maybe we could do the Frunch as a Ladies afternoon out! JD wouldn't be interested in it either!
I think that is a brilliant idea, my dear!!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #283
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post

I really liked Yachtsman when we went there a couple years ago and the Brown Derby has also been one of our favorites. We love Flying Fish and the one time we went to Kouzzina, it was very good. We are also going to try Artist Point for the first time this October trip.

Quote:

I definitely want to do a Frunch, we had to cancel one of those when we canceled our trip last year. They are normally on Fridays and Sunday, so I'm hoping to do the one on the 14th of October. I haven't booked my Classic Tickets yet. I should check that out. but with doing that Friday night, I don't want to be completely full from a large lunch.

Quote:
We would love to join you, if you're doing it on the day we can make it!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #284
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I think that is a brilliant idea, my dear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I definitely want to do a Frunch, we had to cancel one of those when we canceled our trip last year. They are normally on Fridays and Sunday, so I'm hoping to do the one on the 14th of October. I haven't booked my Classic Tickets yet. I should check that out. but with doing that Friday night, I don't want to be completely full from a large lunch.

We would love to join you, if you're doing it on the day we can make it!
We would love for you to join us!

Now we just have to hope for it to work with our schedule. I'm not sure how Friday or Sunday would work for Elin or me, especially since we're doing the Classic both Friday & Saturday nights. We'll have to wait until the schedule is released to see if it's doable.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #285
dgbg100106

I am still jealous and wish we were going. If they had not changed the dates around so much we could be planning too.

2013 Cruising adventures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: