Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #241
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I called them to see if I could modify my existing reservation and they cannot book it online, according to "John" in Customer Service. He tried and tried and it wouldn't work. He told me if I had a link that permitted me to book it online directly I should probably do it!

I was able to pull up exactly what I want and could have booked it this evening. At the rates listed.
So if the math works out, we will have to cancel our existing room-only reservations and book the package online?

I will play on the website after lunch, plus call the hotel just to see if the CM has the same results as "John". I'll let you know what I find out.

Elin, I will text you this afternoon!

Brandi - how many points? (just in case! )

Happy St. Patricks Day!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #242
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
So if the math works out, we will have to cancel our existing room-only reservations and book the package online?

I will play on the website after lunch, plus call the hotel just to see if the CM has the same results as "John". I'll let you know what I find out.

Elin, I will text you this afternoon!

Brandi - how many points? (just in case! )

Happy St. Patricks Day!
I think that the math does work out... It is a matter of getting my SPG account worked out. Apparently I have two and one of them is Gold; however, I was unaware of this and booked my reservation for October under the other account. Which is now closed due to inactivity. Two CS reps worked on it yesterday but I was still unable to get into my SPG account nor could they pull up things to change them for me. They suggested calling the Dolphin directly also, but I don't have time until this afternoon.

Let us know what you find out! And enjoy your day off!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #243
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Old 03-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #244
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Just have to share this as I know you guys will get it - I just called Disneyland dining to make ressies for our May trip. They practically laughed at me that I was calling so early! I commented that if I was calling only 60 days out for WDW at their best restaurants I would get no where. Couldn't believe how easy it was.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #245
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Just have to share this as I know you guys will get it - I just called Disneyland dining to make ressies for our May trip. They practically laughed at me that I was calling so early! I commented that if I was calling only 60 days out for WDW at their best restaurants I would get no where. Couldn't believe how easy it was.
The only place you might possibly need to do that is Blue Bayou. Where did you end up making reservations?
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #246
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
The only place you might possibly need to do that is Blue Bayou. Where did you end up making reservations?
So far it's Carnation Cafe and Blue Bayou for lunch, then Steakhouse 55, RB Jazz Kitchen, Wine Country Trattoria (WoC dinner) and Blue Bayou again.

Any other advice/places to hit? Still trying to get excited about the trip - I'm way more excited about October!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 03-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #247
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
So far it's Carnation Cafe and Blue Bayou for lunch, then Steakhouse 55, RB Jazz Kitchen, Wine Country Trattoria (WoC dinner) and Blue Bayou again.

Any other advice/places to hit? Still trying to get excited about the trip - I'm way more excited about October!
Those are all good choices, though I haven't eaten at Carnation or the Trattoria.

We love Napa Rose. I did the Cooking School with Chef Sutton three years in a row back when we had a F&W Festival out here. We always sit at the Chef's Counter, but you have to be into that kind of fancy food.

It's funny you made a reservation for the Jazz Kitchen, we eat there a lot when we stay over and have always been able to do a walk in. You MUST save room for their Chocolate Souffle Bread Pudding. We only order appetizers to make sure we have room!

Other places I like and do not require reservations are Plaza Inn (We get a Cobb Salad and a Chicken Dinner and split them between us), the Bengal BBQ (the lines for this one can be long), Cafe Orleans is great for a Monte Cristo without the hassle of Blue Bayou (and it's a little cheaper ) You can also make reservations for that the same day. Also in DL, the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich at Hungry Bear gets rave reviews, though I'm not a big fan of FGT. Pinnochio's Village Haus added a BLT Flatbread that is pretty good, and you have to try a Tigger Tail from Pooh's Corner. We love the Corn Dog Palace in DCA and there are two new restaurants (also CS) one with Pizza, Pasta and Salads and the other with mediterranean skewers.

You must get some of the Caramel Kettle Corn from the DTD cart, it's like crack! So addicting! They're also adding an Earl of Sandwich at DTD, but not sure how soon it is opening.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #248
TyRy
It is making me nutty

I was finally able to get the book online links to work for the S&D website. Yep - it's just like it says...a fantastic deal. If I knew when Mark was arriving I might jump on that, but since it may be just me, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that my waitlist comes through for Sat night at BWV and then I only have to pay for my tickets.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #249
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Happy Monday morning (is there such a thing?!! )

Plans are really taking shape.

10/7: flight booked; still need a room.

10/8-12: BCV studio - rented points (thanks, Brandi! )

10/12-14: Dolphin 2-night package booked. JD arrives on the 12th. We will have Causeway tickets for both evenings - 10/12 & 10/13

10/13: Will there be a birthday brunch, lunch, or what?! Someone who has been lurking (and has a birthday this day!) is still working on the logistics!

10/13: JD & I are booked for the 4:30pm Wine Blending seminar. I did this one last year, but it is critical that JD attend since he is NOT a fan of red wines! We need to get that rectified!

10/14-17: AKV & AKL Club Level.

10/17: will be time to head home.

I guess we will need to wait until at least July for WDW to release their Food & Wine event info.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #250
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:

10/12-14: Dolphin 2-night package booked. JD arrives on the 12th. We will have Causeway tickets for both evenings - 10/12 & 10/13

10/13: Will there be a birthday brunch, lunch, or what?! Someone who has been lurking (and has a birthday this day!) is still working on the logistics!

10/13: JD & I are booked for the 4:30pm Wine Blending seminar. I did this one last year, but it is critical that JD attend since he is NOT a fan of red wines! We need to get that rectified!

I guess we will need to wait until at least July for WDW to release their Food & Wine event info.
NP... Glad I could help and I love it that you are so ready! I am going to be a sore loser this year since I am not going....

But I will be in Texas and having fun with family and friends... (but secretly missing F&W)

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #251
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:

I didn't know you booked the seminar already! Bob thinks he might be interested in it, so I need to get it booked too!

Everything else looks good!

Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #252
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Our flights are set for 10/7-14 also.

We have the Dolphin booked for 10/7-14 as well as a Food & Wine Classic Package booked for 10/12-14.

I would love to be able to stay at BC or BW for those first 5 nights, but there is no availability for any studios or 1 BR at either resort for our dates. We love OKW and they have a 1 BR available but it makes no sense to stay there for this trip. With Bob's scooter, staying at an Epcot resort is really necessary so that we don't have to get on buses every time we want to pop into the F&W Festival. He won't go to any other parks so that is not an issue!

Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #253
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I didn't know you booked the seminar already! Bob thinks he might be interested in it, so I need to get it booked too!

Everything else looks good!
Seating is limited, so I went ahead and bought our tickets. They will be mailed to the house (takes about a week).

Old 03-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #254
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Our Wine Blending Seminar tickets arrived in the mail several days ago! They were waiting for me when I got home today!

I checked the Classic website and see that Package 1 can still be booked online, but under Package 2 it states: To reserve this package, please call 888-828-8850. I guess they figured easier to have guests call than to fix the glitch in their system.

Elin - have you gotten your room reservations squared away yet? What about the Seminar tickets?

Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #255
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Our Wine Blending Seminar tickets arrived in the mail several days ago! They were waiting for me when I got home today!

I checked the Classic website and see that Package 1 can still be booked online, but under Package 2 it states: To reserve this package, please call 888-828-8850. I guess they figured easier to have guests call than to fix the glitch in their system.

Elin - have you gotten your room reservations squared away yet? What about the Seminar tickets?
Seminar is booked for both of us! Today I plan to work on the other problem. Wish me luck with these reservations!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: