Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #1051
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

does this mean she hasnt custody of her little baby...or he is taking care of the baby while she works..?? I Hope that for the little ones sake they are able to make sure that the love is there ...and he never doubts it..

Today is Thursday...we finally got some rain...we needed it up here in Maine...forest fires and wild fires going nuts...plus our city lost 11 blds in three separate fires...200 people without apts...mostly somolians that came here to be free and to escape the problems of their country....

we leave six am on a plane heading to our favorite place...we are anxious as are our granddaughter and her fiance...have everything in place ...except we havent packed..dont want to upset the dog...She has to go to the kennel for a week...they are good people there and they will take good care of her...but she will miss us...THEY say that animals do not have time on their brains..so they dont know its 8 days without us...I HOPE SO..

Have a good day my friends

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #1052
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Pumba -- lucky you , your trip is so close.

We got rain this morning too but the sun is back out so all is good. Need the rain. I just mulched the front gardens and got it in good shape for the season so it need some water.

Nicholas birthday was yesterday, he is now 16. We took him today for his drivers license. What a mad house that was. We were there all afternoon. Nicholas had a track meet today and his event was done in the morning so we thought this would be a good time to take him so we picked him up. He didn't make it on the first try. Didn't know you don't use your bright headlights in the fog and thought you had to stop first when you saw a traffic cop directing traffic. There were two others but he couldn't remember. We told him he should go home and study more but he wanted to do it right away. It cost "him" an extra $10. to rewrite. We paid the $125. to write and do the road test in a year. Anyway I will be a nervous wreck on.

Worse part he is so tall he will have to move my seat and my mirrors around , so every time I want to drive I will have to find my right place again. He will be almost sitting in the back seat with his long legs.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #1053
NAB

Today is Hannah's 13th birthday and Confirmation.

I am beat, we have been working like crazy to finish off the family room. I just scrubbed the kitchen floor and people are coming in about a half hour.

My family room still needs stuff on the walls and the baseboards actually hammered into the wall. Right now they look they are but are not. I think everything turned out ok. Only had 7 different curtains home to try... I will post pictures later if I have a chance.

At least I don't have to cook a dinner. We decided to take everyone out to a restaurant after mass. We will be broke after this one and redoing the room. But I get to enjoy the room longer.

It is a long weekend here so we have time to relax after today.

I will love having my family here though , they don't come here often so this is really special for me ( and Hannah of course since it is her "day").
Old 05-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #1054
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

hello...we are back and I missed chatting with you all..

HOPE all is well and I will catch up later..

Old 05-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #1055
NAB

Hannah's Confirmation...

Hannah and her Godmother/sponser. My sister Lynn.

Hannah and I....

Hannah and Nicholas...

Forget to get one with the whole family...it was crazy trying to get pictures after. Did get one with the grandparents and of course hubby with Hannah.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #1056
NAB

My Family Room before:

My Family Room after:

I need to get my clock up and I have two frames that are cherry and black to hang my family photos beside the clock in 10X13. Not sure what I will put above the couch or if I will still put an area rug in the middle.

The new chair is bigger as is the couch by 3 inches , the pictures make the room look smaller then it did but really doesn't in real life.

I also opened the curtains more since that picture but can close them all the way to block the south sun in the morning when it is really hot in the summer. They are black out curtains. I had 7 different pairs home before I picked these. My problem was I was trying to be too matchy, everything was beige or not far off the wall or pillows on the couch. The burgundy really makes the room pop I think.

Last edited by NAB; 05-20-2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Welcome Home Pumba...can't wait to hear about your trip.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #1057
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

NAB, great pictures of Hannah, she has gotten so big!

Love the new family room, looks great, I love the curtains. I tend to go matchy too, I have curtains and a pillow to add some pop (curtains courtesy of DD).

Speaking of DD, she decided that us babysitting her dog this weekend was a great idea! I love the puppy, I do, but I remembered why I didn't want one. NO, dog, I DO NOT want to play fetch for hours...

Pumba, how was your trip?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #1058
NAB

Thanks, I saw that you had your grandpuppy again. I think you secretly want to keep him.

Where has Moo been?

Pumba-- how was the new Fantasy Land? Did you try the new restaurant there?
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #1059
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

hello today...
First off ...great photos of Hannahs Confirmation...always brings back many great memories...for our kids and our grandkids...

The family room reminds me of our sitting room..well actually we did all the walls of 75 gallons of paint sort of beige or cheap coffee ice cream color...and we had two Canadian gliders that were off burgundy/maroon...sort of...and we did another shade of that for the room darkener curtains...so it worked well I think here and probably there too...gives it a LIFT.

We had a great time in Disney. we were on the go go go most of the time . Cause the granddaughter and her fiance were that type..GO GO GO...rofl...Our favorite restaurants proved great as usual...We love Crystal Palace and went twice..once with just the four of us and then the next night with more relatives so there was 9 of us and a newborn...loved it..and they did too. Our other favorite was the Luau at the Poly resort...we had the best server named Walley and he was amazing..the Food was great and the show another great experience....When Wally was talking to us about the menu changing I was telling him how we have been going off and on for the last 20 years and really preferred the fried rice mixture with shrimp in them and he said..OMG that was so long ago...YAH that is what I said...we have been going for over 20 years...he has been a server for 30 years there. So really knows his stuff...we didnt have to ask for refills/ as they werent even half gone but he wanted us to have cold drinks..When he found out that I was a restaurant moderator for a disney site ..he asked which one and I told him and he was so excited...within three minutes we had the head chef from there ...he has been there for 15 years...he shook my hand and asked what we thought ..and even gave me his card...I think..OMG the Dis is really good ..ROFL..
we could not even get near the new area...90 minute wait even for the counter service restaurant. can you believe that...would of loved to had seen that ..Our longest wait for attractions was the Soarin' 50 minutes and everything else was ten minutes or so...Our granddaughter and her fiance went on EE twice with no wait...I could not believe that at all.. They did Splash Mt three times in a row and pressed their luck and got soaked...laughed at that..She lost her hat on Primevil Whirl in AK and told the operator ..they wanted us to come back to Guest Relations after 8 pm but we were on a mission for Epcot Illuminations...we were leaving the next day...They took her name and address and the Hat arrived yesterday...can you believe that...we are always impressed with the customer service at Disney...They go above and beyond...
We stayed at All Star Music as we got our AP discount there and not at movies...so we saved quite a bit there...The resort was very good and we loved the food court. All the workers were fantastic and sort of knew us at the end of our stay...Especially a check out lady at the Food Court Named MARIE...she and I kidded each other the week we were there...Food selections were great and the manager there told us that they would be updating the food court to be like Movies starting this fall...they will only use two blds and hope that it works out well...
Like I said ...everything was a perfect vacation...and I am still recooping ..ROFL...

Forgot to tell you that we cancelled Biergarten for our last night...BECAUSE I wanted a hamburger and or chicken nuggets and FRENCH FRIES...we were sort of healthy most of the trip...and the burger buns were FANTASTIC...dont know what happened but they held together and I got to eat a burger without it disinigrating in my hands...

have a good day my friends

Old 05-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #1060
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Pumba, sounds like you had a great trip!
Just FYI, they are redoing the Sports Foodcourt starting in August-December, not Music; that is slated for next year

Nothing much happening here, taking tomorrow off for a 4 day weekend, YAY!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #1061
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

I guess the manager that was at the food court was just to excited to think about it right...She and hubby were having a great conversation...

we are having Mothers day..(we were gone) our son and dil's anniversary (while we were gone) and our anniversary (46) and my old age birthday...yup I am finally a big ol' senior citizen...65 years old ...I am wicked old..but you all keep me young..
So we will be celebrating either sunday or monday...

Old 05-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #1062
NAB

Pumba -- I remember thinking 50 was old when I was a teenager..not anymore. So 65 is pretty young to me now. Your still a spring Chicken.

Sounds like you had a great time. Wonder if they did away with the whole wheat buns. Never liked them either.

We have been spoiled with warm summer like weather and now we are freezing again. Glad I didn't plant any annual flowers yet they would have had to cover them up last night. And the wind has done a number on my beautiful Cherry blossoms.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #1063
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Pumba, don't you know that according to many places you have been a senior citizen since you were 50, LOL? I'll be 61 in a couple of months, not far behind you.

In sad news, DD and her boyfriend broke up, 2 months after moving into the house her grandfather left her and buying furniture. They had been talking about getting married for a long time, and suddenly he lost interest and moved out yesterday. She is heartbroken, poor baby. I wish I could help her, but we are not very close, hubby is over there now (or soon, he left his phone at work and had to turn around to drive over an hour to got from Disney and then 30 mins more to her house). So now she is alone in the house with the cat and the dog and a yard to take care of.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #1064
NAB

Marita--Sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm going to hate those times when my kids start to date, especially if you get close with the other person and think one day they will marry.

Well hubby finally got my new dishwasher hooked up and running yesterday , the bad new is my car broke down. We think it is the altenator but won't know until Tuesday. That was the only time we could get it in. We do have the truck to drive but I have been avoiding the huge thing for years. Drove it for the first time last night. I feel like I am learning all over again. Haven't even attempted to back the thing up. I'm in big trouble ....just dropped hubby off at work have to get Nicholas to work, then church in a small lot no less and then to a ballgame on Monday. I'm stressing, I know it is crazy people drive big cars all the time .....
Old 05-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #1065
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

I am so sorry Marita...please I am sure that maybe he was getting cold feet...sometimes guys all of a sudden say...OMG We are old and going to get married...YIKES..

I am glad that your husband will be there soon...maybe she can come home for the long weekend...
Cat, DOG and grief all wrapped up in one..

Today it is guess what...RAINING...we have had rain almost every day since we returned from Disney...I am starting to slosh and I think I smell MILDEW...no ..seriously ...another day and tomorrow the same ...THEN MAYBE Monday on our anniversary ...the sun shall shine...Sunday we are going out for breakfast (son in law called and said be there at 8 am)...a restaurant not far from here..to celebrate MOTHERS DAY...he is sweet...but he has to open his Bike store at 9 am...sooooooo we shall wake up early and be there at 8 AM...

have a good day

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: