Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #91
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Got lost on the Community Board again!

and on the Universal Boards too - planning our Spring Break Trip! 2 days became 3, 3 became 4! We're heading down to visit mom in Ft Myers, but since dd BFF cant come, mom suggested Harry Potter. Then she decided its a 4 hour drive... so we girls should have a great time!

Moo Sorry you have to pay such a high price for those adult goog times!

Ali So glad Elli gets to go home for the weekend, then on to St Jude, may he continue to improve - prayers continue! You're farther along than I am with this Christmas box stuff! You get it out, organized... then its over in a blink of an eye!

Marita never a dull moment!

Pumba really the snow is pretty! Pretty pretty snow. Its the blowing wind that's the problem. And the freezing temperatures. Well there is that shoveling. and the layers you must wear.... We got hit with it Thursday, Wednesday it was a nice spring day 50 degrees - and guess what? I had a flat! To the rim flat! Dh stayed home to get it all sorted .... woke up to Thursday - he came home so proud that it was all taken care of before the blizzard!

Nab The marathon is on Saturday and Sunday - you must pick up your packet on Friday - we were able to stretch our getaway to 6 days! We spent more time focused on the Marathon... it was so wonderful not to have to do commando... just did a ride here and there! Mostly fell in love with the Osborn Lights and the Castle Light show!

Last edited by Sandy321; 01-14-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: BAM! I turned the page!! roflol
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #92
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

YAH ..Sandy turned the page too..

Yah all that about snow is so darn true....then there is the nose leaking and the glasses hurting your face where they touch...and then there is the flat hair day when you wear a hat...Yah snow is kinda pretty once in a blue moon...

Kt just left...whaaaaaaaa....its not like she is far far away...but two hours is two hours...she starts back her classes on Tuesday...so she has a few days to rest up..she enjoyed the internship at the hospital here in town...but she works at a hospital pharmacy in upstate ...and loves it too...so we shall see where she decides to do after...if she wants to do the pharmacy's in hospitals then she has to do a residency for a year..that would be after she grads ..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #93
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Hey ladies! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far!

I have some exciting news! We are going to Disney World in December and I scored an awesome deal on renting points from a DVC owner. We are staying 6 nights in a studio at AKL! It's a value studio. Anyone ever stayed in one before? I hear that you have a great chance of scoring a Savannah View!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #94
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

here is that chicken salsa recipe my daughter made..
2 lbs of chciken boneless skinless breasts..
one cup of salsa...one cup of petite diced canned tomatoes..
2 tablespoons of taco seasoning..one cup of onin diced fine half cup of celery diced fine..one half cup of carrots shredded..
put chicken in bottom of crock pot
sprinkle the taco seasoning over it..then layer the veggies and salsa on top..half of a cup of water over the mixture..set on low and cook for six to eight hours..shred it and eat it ...either plain with sour cream.or over rice..

so easy and omg it is delicious.
My daughter said it fell apart when she took it out of the crock pot and was easy to shred..

best part is :
164 calories..2.5 of fat..carbs are 7 and protein is 27

Old 01-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #95
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Just had to come and celebrate here with all of y'all!

It has been 5 years since we adopted Trixie our Jack/Rat Terrier. You know the one......the doorlockingwindowrollingdown Trixie!

Yes, it has been 5 years since that COLD January day that she locked my keys in my car and then proceeded to roll the back window down so I could get her out. Seems like only yesterday!

I tried to go find that old post, but I think the DIS ate it. That was back in the day when they didn't LOCK threads at 250 pages. Oops, maybe it was because of us that they did that! Huh, Pumba?

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #96
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

oh Allie...how I can laugh so early in the morning...oh wait its not early...
I dont think it was because of "us" ...it was general...some posts had pages up the ying yang and it was not even readable...Like Our posts are good to read ...ROFL..something interesting...not garbage....

This morning at five AM...the phone rings and hubby answers it...its the local fire dept...at our "other" place a person walking by heard the smoke detectors going...so they called it in...the fire dept sent two trucks but there was no smoke or fire...so hubby went to let them in and check the house out...it was one in the hallway on the second floor going up the stairs...code says ..you have to have them at the landings...and we comply to the letter...so he was up and it was 14 below zero...My neighbor immediately called after and said that the trucks were there....she is a good neighbor and she and her husband and 12 year old son were ALL awake...I am sure they appreciated an early wakeup call that early...hahaha..

I did go back to sleep..FINALLY..and slept a few hours extra...

It is freezing out...like I said above...it was minus 14...at 5 am and now it is 3...gotta love winter...NOT !!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #97
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Allie-- I remember that. Time does fly.

Pumba-- That sounds good. I will have to try that one. Love how you gave us the calories and all.

Sandy-- I missed your good morning pic. Thanks for turning the page.

Busy weekend. Went to my mom yesterday. Hannah wanted to show off her beads in her hair and we wanted to share our pictures too. Those braids have to come out tonight when she gets her bath. It's time. She doesn't think so.

Now today is church then off to the inlaws to pick up Buddy our cat. Hannah can't wait. He has been there are 3 weeks now.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #98
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Happy Sunday to you, my friends. We are having a lazy Sunday today. Boris and Natasha didn't have CCD this morning, and since Natasha spent most of yesterday beurking and feverish, we decided that God would forgive us if we didn't go to church today. So now it's almost 1pm and we're all still in our pajamas.

My boss is in India visiting his mom for 3 weeks, so I am running all 3 websites and managing the warehouse staff. It makes for long days, but I am lucky because at least I can do lots of my work from home.

Before he left, my boss asked me if I would like to keep the full-time work schedule I started during the busy Christmas season. Since that means full-time pay without actually being in the office for full-time hours, I said YES! Did I mention that I love this new(ish) job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Hey ladies! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far!

I have some exciting news! We are going to Disney World in December and I scored an awesome deal on renting points from a DVC owner. We are staying 6 nights in a studio at AKL! It's a value studio. Anyone ever stayed in one before? I hear that you have a great chance of scoring a Savannah View!
LE, I've never stayed at a studio, but we ALWAYS stay at AKL! Have you been there before? We LOVE that place!!! We always stay in a savannah view room too. Being there gives us the feeling that we're getting 2 vacations: the parks and all the activities there, plus the relaxation and exotic feeling of AKL.

Pumba, as far as I'm concerned, snow is only pretty on a postcard. I've seen enough of it in my lifetime to be satisfied if I never see another flake in person.

Me DH DS15 DD13
lalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #99
Sandy321

Allli It cant be 5 years!

Pumba That seems like quite the easy recipe! 5AM Goog Thing there was no fire! Its below zero with windchill here too! BRRRrrrrr indeed

Lali Congratulations - full time job, full time pay - and some from home! That sounds like a goog plan!

Nab you really are making her take a bath! You MEAN mom you!! One day, they too will be parents!

Lauren we rented points to stay at BWV - in a standard studio - It was great for dh and I - we ordered a bunch of items from wegoshop to be delivered, breakfast sandwiches work great in the microwave! Beer and wine too! Bottled water, pretzels, bananas...

I couldnt believe how close to the elevator we were!! (with all the marathon running, it can be quite the haul to elevators! I too love the Animal Kingdom - very peaceful, and I think I read where they are doing a better job with the busses! Hope you let us know how Boma is - we didnt eat there this time, (not enough hours in a vacation!) and I had read that they have streamlined the food again! Boma and Jiko still have some African influenced foods you cant streamline!!

OK - dogs are calling! I'm in Day 2 of HEALTHY Living - I bought one of those large glasses w/ a straw from Disney - and I'm keeping water with Lemon in it - I'm cutting back, and trying to do 15 min of exercise. Its the hardest, my back is protesting, my stomach is protesting, my hypoglycemia is protesting... but I'm a bit nervous about getting any heavier - esp with trying to get on Harry Potter's FJ ride! Down 5# (I always get really water logged in Disney - always lose a lot when I come back and the swelling goes down!)

Last edited by Sandy321; 01-15-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: it did post - it came up with "FATAL ERROR" yikes!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #100
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Sandy, we have eaten breakfasts and dinners at Boma, and think the food there is some of the best we have had at Disney. There truly is something for everyone, whether your tastes lend more to the unusual or more basic fare. We enjoy it enough that we would make ADRs for Boma even if we weren't staying at AKL.

Never eaten at Jiko, however. The menu doesn't seem different enough from Boma to warrant using 2 dining credits per person. We save our 2-credit meals for places like CRT.

Me DH DS15 DD13
lalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #101
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Lynt - Woo Hoo on the continuation of full time hours and pay!

Lauren
- I have never stayed at AKL, but have friends who have, and I have never heard a bad thing about it. Disney in December.......AWESOME!!!

Pumba
- Did you ever figure out why it was going off at that ridiculous time of the morning? Good things for goog neighbors, but I hope they were able to go back to sleep after that wake up.

Eli update:
He and his entire family were at church today! I did not see them because they usually sit on the north side of the building in the balcony and I sit on the south side under the balcony. Although thanks to friends FB posts, I knew they were there. Please continue to pray for him this week. It is going to be a rough one.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.

Last edited by aldisneygrl; 01-15-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: I am 6 posts away from 3,000....should I post nonsense to get there......hmmmm......most of mine usually are. ;)
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #102
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

One of the smoke detectors in the hallway had dust in it...probably hubby didnt clean it out after he cleaned the carpets on the way up...so it went off...so it is an older model so he bought a new one..

Only thing I heard hubby say to the fire dept when they called...was I am on my way..dont knock down the doors or the windows...hahaha...just dont need to do any more work there...hahaha.......the firemen did say NICE PLACE...

I am ready for bed already...tired and pooped out..

HAHAHA>..have a good night everyone

Old 01-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #103
NAB

Well I make though High School with Nicholas....it is coming up on exams in two weeks and I am pushing him to study but he says he has it under control blah blah blah. I don't see him doing anything. And now they have this thing called CAT that has to be handed in with the exam. It is suppose to help them study , it questions, maps and cue cards that have to be made up. This is for each subject. It is a big chunk of marks too. He has over 200 questions to do and only had 33 done in Science. This is the subject he hasn't been doing too well in all year. Plus he has a project in this subject due on Friday.

I am stressed he is not.

Then hubby wanted him to be signed up for a baseball camp that runs every Saturday starting Feb until May. I said no way , that is my only day to sleep in and if we wanted to go away for the weekend we couldn't. I tell him the reasons I don't want this and he keeps asking me , am I sure he can't sign him up. .....these guys are going to drive me insane.

I talk but do they listen .....

And poor Buddy won't come out from hiding since we came back. What happen to my nice normal schedule , no problems or stress. I want to go back on the ship. Even after I saw the pictures of Costa. Scary stuff they went though all over a dumb Captain showing off.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #104
Sandy321

Nab I'm telling you, I thing I'm going bald pulling my hair out! DD and studying - she'd start at 8pm stay up all night! The boys, were much like your son!

DH stayed home today - weather predicted to be bad - rain turned to ice - it hasnt happened yet Still predicted!

Still having vertigo problems - hard to get or stay online - or stay upright!

Nab - just one more reason for me not going on a cruise!!

PS - apparently dd is NOT Talking to us! sheesh I'm sure it has to do with the fact we demanded that she clean her Guinea Pig cages, and she refused. so obviously we are the MEAN parents, and she wont talk to us!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #105
NAB

We are having freaky weather for January that is for sure. Really heavy fog all day with rain off and on. Suppose to drop down to make it all nice and icy here too. The snow on top for Thursday's weather.

Hope not because I have to take Buddy for his shots then, that is if I can catch him to put him back in the cage.

Nothing much to report here other then the weather....

Where did everyone go?

Moo-- are you watching the newest Biggest Loser. Those trainers sure are battling to win this year. Poor contestants....

I watched the Betty White Birthday special last night. Hope I look as good and move just as good at 90 as she does.

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: