Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #1006
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Hello anyone home?

Everyone must be facebooking.

Not much new to report here and I thought you guys would be tried of hearling about the weather which been great, sunny and mild.

Kids are now on March Break. We were going to go away but that got cancelled out when we redid our bathroom. Hubby is working a lot of overtime which means it will be mostly me and the kids. Probably go visit my mom sometime next week.

Nicholas has to be home for his jobs, one on Saturday and the church one on Sunday. Lots of driving him around.

Hannah and I have been watching family videos. Last night we found the one when she was born. Had a picture of me the night before showing the nursery. I was huge! For some reason we did not label the tapes so we never know what we are going to get. I am labeling them now once we watch. Love going down memory lane. The kids laugh at themselves too.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #1007
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Yup, Nabbie - mostly Facebooking lately! Just a lot going on for me at work recently.

DD is coming home for a visit in early May Long weekend and flying in without the hubby. BUT, we have a WDW vacation planned for a long Veterans Day weekend in lieu of driving to NC for Christmas. It will be David's first trip to WDW! We are going to be there at the tail end of Food & Wine Festival, so that should be fun, but we probably won't be able to stick around for Cel's wedding. We are going to try to do an adults trip and focus on Epcot World Showcase...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #1008
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

morning..

HOpe you are all fine...we are NOW IN THE 50s ...before Disney...I am wicked happy...excited and need to get away for a trip..

We are goign to the seniors plus place today...they help figure out which supplement will be good for us old folks...hubby had AARP ..so I already signed up for that one...Now I have to go and figure out the RX part...they are a free service to anyone ..

My daughter has her knee surgery tomorrow...she is glad to gt it over with...been since December...this would be her second injury to this knee...first one really never felt 100 percent better...so she is on for tomorrow..Papa and I will take care of her while her husband is at the new store ...he cant leave it yet...it is just opening ...so I told him..dont worry ...we will call you when she is out of surgery and in recovery..

Started to look at what I need for clothes in Disney...and then I will be ready to go..

My sister will be coming from NY in April and staying with us for a week...havent seen her in a year and a half...but talk daily...take goodness for calls all over the US on our Fairpoint ...no extra charges..

Then Kaitlynn and her beau and us and our son go to the MASTC...Maine antler skull trophy club...for her moose...she made the club and they are having a banquet to honor those...she is very excited...so are we....

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #1009
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

I guess you all are busy..
This morning I have off before picking up our daughter to take her to the PT place...she has a one o clock appt and then I have a three with my own doctor...and yesterday we had a snowstorm...I think we got about 9 or so inches...at least it wasnt the foot to eighteen inches they predicted...pheww..

Her surgery went well and she has been in a great deal of pain but the last few days if she doesnt move it wrong ..she does fine...her dogs are the pain in the neck ...I think I took the two of them out probably a dozen times...never saw one of them that peed and pooped as much as she does...I know she is on a great deal of meds..(the dog that is).but give me a break...ROFL..

I cant think of anything else right now...but missed talking to you all...have a good day

Last edited by pumba; 03-20-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #1010
NAB

Well for the first day of Spring it sure doesn't feel or look like it.

We had snowstorm like conditions with a lot of blowing snow but it didn't amout to much on the ground thank goodness.

Pumba -- glad the surgery went well and she is on the mend. Hope spring comes your way soon. You got way more snow then we got this year.

Made a big pot of chili for supper this morning. Hannah is home sick today. This has been a bad year for us getting something or other. Need to open my windows and blow out the germs.

I need to get ready for Easter it is coming fast! But if I bring it into the house it disappears on me .
Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #1011
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

I so know what you mean...I love Easter malted eggs...OMGOODNESS I could eat them all...at Christmas it is peanut butter fudge and chocolate covered cherries...I am bad and I know it..
I need to get into a routine of not eating crap again...

Hope Hannah feels better soon...Our granddaughter had a virus...it started on a Saturday with sore throat and in a few hours she had a fever...the fever got high and she did the upchuck because of that..she doesnt do meds well...so tylenol or the other stuff..liquid or not...she hates...finally on the wednesday her father (my son) said if you dont take this tylenol to bring down your fever we are going to take you to the hospital and they can give you a shot...that worked...The doctor that saw her on Tuesday said it was viral..no strep...she went back to school this past Monday...but it was a long lasting viral...

Old 03-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #1012
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Hi everyone! Wow, I havent posted in a while.

News here is the my FIL passed away a few weeks ago, so my son came home this weekend for the services.

Big surprise was the FIL left the house to my kids, 1/2 each. It's a small house, 2 bedrooms, but very well kept and even has a large air conditioned shed in the back. It is also close to where DD is teaching, so it's perfect for her and her BF/Fiance. They are moving in next week, so they can live there for just the insurance and utilites/taxes and a small payment to DS instead of spending over 1K/month like they were planning on doing so it's great news for them.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #1013
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

oh Marita...how wonderful for your daughter ...I am excited for her and her almost fiance...it is a great starter home ..
and also for your son as he will reap some benefits as well..
BUT sorry about your father in law passing...they sure do sneak up on us ..old age for our family and for us..(I mean US)

HOpe you are well too

Old 03-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #1014
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

[I found you ...

CANT hide from me ...I went a looking..

nice day here in Maine and hubby is out cutting down a tree...we have ONE more to get down and then we will be tree less in the area behind our back yard...the sun will shine down on our pool and make it nice and warm...plus the pine trees are gone and they wont shed their needles and get them stuck in the pump..

Hope you all have a great Easter if I dont see you before then...we are still helping daughter go to the PT and doctors...he said she is on crutches and no weight on her leg for another three or four weeks...

Tomorrow PT and then work med...

today is dog duty ...we will be doing that for a while anyways...

Old 03-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #1015
NAB

Well darn Pumba you found us...we were just preparing you for the Easter Bunny.

Speaking of which I still have to fill my plastic eggs for the hunt. Nicholas doesn't care if we have on this year but Hannah said she still wants it and Nicholas got to do it more years than her.

It has been busy around here. It is Holy week so the kids have things to do at the church.

Hannah was hand picked with another girl from our parish to go to a Chrism Mass. This is a mass the priest all go to. They get the oils for the whole year for the church. Hannah and this other girl were told they were top alter servers and asked if they would do it. Mass is done by the Bishop, it was almost an hour away on a school night but we all went. It was cool to see so many priest in one place and all a round the alter at communion. All the servers , two from each parish took a picture with Bishop and he thanked them. It was interesting to see the robes of the other atler servers as well. Liked our the best and the old fashion ones with the white over the black you see in movies all the time.

Our weather has been very spring like. Looks like rain right now though but has been sunny and beautiful. Hope it is that way for the weekend!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #1016
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

Morning.. Glad that Hannah had a chance to do this...very impressive..I bet if you put a few eggs out there for Nicholas ...he will find some that interest him too...hahaha..

Yesterday our daughters work med doctor said ...that in order for her to go back to school to teach..right now they have to accomodate her limitations..no chairs..no being left alone with the kids...she has to have her knee protected at all times..so she will call her boss and see what they can do...or she may have to go to the hospital and do some inside work there...anything to get her off workmans comp which only pays 80 percent of her take home pay and then she still has to take out her insurance out of that...she is on crutches for another four or so weeks...a great deal of work on her knee was done...

Hope you and yours have a great Easter. And Marita have a good day off today and happy shopping..

Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #1017
NAB

Yes Nicholas will not turn down chocolate...

Marita-- sorry to hear about your FIL. I know I am late saying it. Happy for the kids. Decorating should be fun for them too. You will get a good insight in what they like and don't like. My kids have weird tastes them mine.

Isn't everything closed for Good Friday? Nothing open here. Get to stay home and dye eggs and go to church later. Kids get off Easter Monday too so really long weekend for them. Just Gov't offices etc get Monday with the kids.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #1018
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

everything is open in the US I believe...stores, restaurants, everywhere...I got everything I needed last night for Easter Dinner and a few chocolate bunnies for the two youngest rugrats and also for our oldest rug rat and her fiance...I love to cook for a crowd ..but I hate spiral hams...and hubby decided that it ws his turn to love a ham...I like a butt or shank and boil the thing to death...it is so moist and delicious...but he likes these...YUCK..

HOPE you all have a great weekend with family ..friends

Old 03-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #1019
NAB

HAPPY EASTER !!!!!

Hope the Easter Bunny made it to your house. He made it here. Nicholas helped me hide the eggs for Hannah last night since Hubby had to work. First he asked if he was getting anything else, if not he was going to do the hunt. He actually hid $10. of his own money in an egg for her to find. He left her 12 sticky notes all over the house leading to where it was. Funny part was he hid it in a giant kinder egg she got last week that she bought herself. These chocolate eggs come with a little egg type thing with a toy inside it of that. So Hannah thought he was making a joke about the egg , she said very funny and moved on. So the egg is still there.

Have a Great Day with family and friends!

Off to church then to my Mom's with the kids.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #1020
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

NAB, how cool that Hannah got to do that special mass!
I remember the days of easter egg hunts, it was fun and ooohh so many years ago now...
Pumba, sounds like a real pain (in more sense than one) for your daughter. Hope she gets well soon.

We are thinking of taking the kids on an Alaska cruise this summer, but they all seem so long, at least 7 days, plus flying out to Canada, I'm not sure I can take that much time off with a big re-org coming at some time this summer. Or I may retire and have all the time in the world, LOL. Have to see how this all plays out.

HAPPY EASTER, hope you have a great day!

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: