Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #976
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Landed in Detroit yesterday to a voicemail from my kids school district offering me a job.

I am a long term sub for a resource room in one of the local elementary schools!

I start Wednesday, the kids are on a mid winter break.

Excited!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #977
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I already posted a reply on Nebo's thread, but this is great, congrats, especially in your kids district.

Meanwhile, I am so bored at work, I am taking tomorrow off!
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #978
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Mony-- That's great news! Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Moo-- I would hope Disney would have a better handle on something like that but who know. Carnival ships have had this happen before I beilieve so I am not sure why they didn't have a back up plan. I can't believe the washroom situation.Yuck

We are all getting over a stomache bug here. It hit hard yesterday. First Nicholas , he was up all night then me in the morning and Joe by noon. Lucky Hannah was at school and fine. Hope she doesn't get it now and it just comes back around. Especially with my mom's birthday party on Sunday.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #979
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

CONGRATS on your job...see ...a door opened for you ..right where you want it to be...we are excited for you..

Just got 25 disney pins in the mail for traders on our upcoming trip...hubby is big on Jasmine pins and Dalmatian pins and the ever hard to find ..Megara pins...so we shall see what happens..

This person that we got them on Ebay had good ratings and we got the 25 for 12.50 and free shipping...so really a good deal..

Going out tonight for dinner...Scott and Kaitlynn are going out for their Valentine outing...she arrives this afternoon ...she is doing so good...today she is signing up for her six week rotations for pharmacies and compounding places...that will start after our trip to Disney...we are ready for that...

Went for a walk but the sides of the roads are still loaded with snow...and cars come to fast for that road...only did a little over a mile...so it was just a teaser...the couch practice doesnt start until April...so the roads will be better by then..it was a little chilly but had on my sweatshirt and then my winter coat...no mittens...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #980
monymony3471

Thanks!

I got to meet the students Thursday, shadowed the teacher who was leaving, and meet the staff. One of the teachers used to teach my boys. Nice to see familiar faces.

Can't wait for your trip Pumba! I miss Disney already.

I had a brief interview Thursday morning and the director of elementary education used to be my kids principal. She is on to bigger and better things, it was nice that she was there, I've known her for 12 years.

Interesting side: She won 1million dollars in the mega millions over the summer. She won't quit her job, she loves it too much instead she made sure her grandchildren all had college funds set up and this sunday is taking 18 of her family on a four day trip to disney art of animation and cruise following that. She mentioned she had one of her sons down there bidding on a house. Such a good person for that to happen to.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #981
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning..
I like to see good people that truly deserve the new monies in their life...

today it is SNOWING...but it is only supposed to be a nuisance snow...so I ask myself...what is this NUISANCE snow? It is three to six inches...it is wicked fluffy stuff...but its SNOW...YUCK..

Just having my last of my coffee and then I will do some more laundry...how come we always have LAUNDRY...maybe we should buy paper clothes and just throw them away at the end of the day...hmmm...patent number ...:::: NOPE..probably already has a patent on it...rofl..

Have a good day everyone

Old 02-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #982
NAB

I should be at my mom's helping set up for her birthday party tomorrow but I sit at home....Hannah got what ever we had on Thursday. Not as bad for some reason. That is good.

Only thing is the party is tomorrow , if she doesn't get sick any more tonight it will 24 hours that she hasn't thrown up by the time we get there tomorrow. I don't want to make anyone , especially my mom on her birthday. I really don't want' to miss it either. Maybe I will have to go on my own but Hannah will be heart broken.

Not having a good day....

Poor kid has to get sick on a long weekend too. We have a Family Day holiday on Monday here in Ontario.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #983
monymony3471

Hope you are all feeling better Nab.

I'm sure your family will understand any absences.

Very cold here today. With the sun shinning so nicely out there it's deceiving.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #984
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

cold and windy...tonight some kind of precip coming...dont know what it will be until it gets here..

hubby is sanding the wall that had an accident happen to it..and now he is vacumming up the mess...

waiting for the oil man to come and deliver...3.64 per gallon...YIKES...but necessary evil up here in the cold tundra of Maine...ROFL..

My sister is coming to visit from new york...she will be here in April for a week...YIPPEE...so my other sister said that my niece's baby shower will be that weekend so my sister from NY will be here for it...do you understand that drift...ROFL...we were four girls and two boys in my family...my oldest sister died over six years ago.....

hope that hannah was up to par so you could go...DID ya/?/

Marita how is the puppy doing...is your new grandpup doing okey??

Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #985
NAB

Yucky weather day here, rain , freezing rain then suppose to turn into snow later. Messy driving day so I am staying put.

Everyone is healthy again in the house. We waited the 24 hours to make sure Hannah wasn't going to be sick or make anyone else sick. Lots of older people people so we were careful there.

My Mom was just glowing and having the time of her life reliving her 80 years with friends and family. I loved visiting with my aunts and uncles, usually only meet up at funerals weddings are few now since all my cousins are grown up and have families of their own. Some neighbours from my childhood even came what a hoot that was. Only thing I wished I would have done was get a picture of just her and I . Got over all picture of who was there though.

Marita -- saw the puppy you dd got. Labs are such nice dogs but that one is going to get big especially to share your couch.

Moo-- saw your puppy's hair cut, cute...

Mony-- Good luck , hope you have a great day tomorrow when you start your new job.

Last edited by NAB; 02-19-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: It's my mom's birthday today, or maybe tomorrow. She was born at home and always celebrated the 19th, birth cert. says 18th..
Old 02-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #986
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Nab, glad you made it to your mom's Birthday, sounds like a great time.

Pumba, my grandpuppy moved out yesterday, she was gone when I got home, so dad, I miss her! She is living with the BF since he works from home so she wont be alonge, and in March my DD and BF are planning on moving into an apt. 30 mins away, so visits will be few. The puppy and the kitten got to be BFF's in the 2 days she was here, Im sure the cat misses her too, but the kitten will move to the apt. too when the time comes.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #987
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Nabbie, so happy to hear you made it to your Mom's birthday party and that Hannah got over her yuck!

Marita, my grandpuppy is a Lab mix. He is a sweetie! All in all, you'll probably be better off not having him at your house

Pumba, very windy here too. And a little snowy, but not much accumulation. Blech! My tire shredded on my way home from work tonight. Fortunately, the AAA wrecker guy arrived quickly and put my donut tire on in the freezing cold. I tipped him well!!! Have to go to the tire store tomorrow to see how many of my tires need to be replaced - probably at least two of them. I just want to feel safe driving in the snow. Just had my car in the shop to fix a clunking noise. They rotated my tires. Not sure if that caused my tire issue or if it was just a coincidence. I'm just glad I was able to pull over safely when my tire went bad!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #988
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

we're in for a heat wave...a tropical heat wave...well maybe not tropical but it will be warm...today high in the 40's and tomorrow maybe up to 50s...this would be totally wonderful...
I just opened up some windows in Scott's bedroom...he is down here watching tv..and he hasnt felt well...so opened his windows and shut the door and let those bad germs out...plus nothing better then the smell of fresh air in rooms...I shut the door so that the thermastat wouldnt go up ..

I am making steak soup for him...and it is simmering right now ...and will cook the small little bitty pieces of carrots up and then add the pasta...I love this soup...when I had a day care ...some of the after school kids would ask for steak soup for a snack instead of cookies or cake or ice cream...this always made me laugh..
And my nephew who passed away in a very bad car accident 15 or so years ago..whenever I would make it ..some how (he lived 20 miles away) he would sniff it down and show up....he was a dear...loved him to pieces..

So another dear friend is in recovery now...she had surgery this morning and hopefully will be back to normal soon...so say a little one for my friend..
Thanks..
Today also the days go down into the 70 plus days til Disney...YIPPEE

Old 02-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #989
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Moo, how scary about the tire. I always worry about that. Glad you are OK.

Pumba, steak soup, havent made that in ages, I have to go find my recipe. It has red wine in it

I miss my grandpuppy, wahhh! Wouldnt be so bad if she hadnt stayed here the first 2 1/2 days, and she came running to me when I got up in the morning. But now she is gone and DD has to work late all week so its not even coming to visit.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #990
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Sent up a little prayer for your friend, Pumba.

Was thinking about my Mom today on the 15th anniversary of her passing

Hubby went with me bright and early when the tire place opened. I ended up having to buy two tires because they had discontinued the ones I have, but at least they pro-rated the price on the one that shredded. Still was pretty expensive! My ride felt a lot better, so I guess it was needed. The remaining tires still have about 30,000 miles left on them, but I might keep an eye out to see if there's a tire sale before then and replace them sooner. HATE spending money on car stuff!!!!! But I suppose it is less than car payments...

Marita - Hubby has been looking at puppies for a while. He was showing me some Lab/Shepherd pups on-line today. He likes both of those breeds. All the puppies were solid black, but I suppose that could change. They're not available until mid-March.

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: