Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #916
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

pumba, I think you are right, when I read your second post I was thinking I might have read it already.

Looking forward to the three day weekend. Plus tomorrow is a half day but I am being forced to stay and do slave labor.

Joy!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #917
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

hello..
where are you guys...taking a long weekend and having fun??

Today the sun is out and it is a wee bit warmer...in the 30's...I can take that but the below zero and the winds were horrible..more of that this coming week..

Hubby is washing the family room carpet...I have to go to it as the machine drops the rolls of dog hair...Megara sheds like a mad woman...ROFL..Dal's shed year round and makes a mess...even though we have a good vacumm...it doesnt get the dog hairs up all the time...

Hope you all have a good weekend

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #918
monymony3471

Been sick. I have my daughter and I sitting in urgent care right now.

Then while I should be resting I have been working on my portfolio for my exit interview next week.

At the end of next week I will be completely done with school and packing for my disney celebration trip!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #919
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Just doing household chores after church. What happened to resting on a Sunday.

Mony -- Hope everything is ok. Is it the dreaded flu?

Pumba-- we have a good vacuum too but Buddy sheds like crazy too. I hate it.

Not warm here. The wind at least died down a bit. It was wicked last night. I thought, thank goodness there isn't snow with it. But I hear it is coming.

Nothing really new here. Hannah got glasses last week. She is still getting used them but is suprised how clear everything is now. Always moving them up and down to see the difference. Strange kids likes glasses and is up to getting braces if she needs them. Helps that have her glass is in the same boat.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #920
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Nab, I saw the pic of Hannah that your hubby posted on FB, she looks cute with them. It's awesome to be able to see better.

Finally getting cooler here, in the 60's this week. I'm so glad I have tomorrow off. Still haven't taken down the tree, so maybe I finally will tomorrow. I dread this every year.

We have another job cut coming, supposedly in February, it's been postponed. So I might be retiring, soon, LOL. We shall see, I'm not particularly sweating it, I'm tired of the long commute every day.

I found out tonight that Roots is playing on TV again. I loved that show. But it aired in 1977, 35 years ago. I'm OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #921
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

hello everyone..
I hope that you all are feeling better and take your time recooping...it seems to make a return trip if you dont take care of it the first time around.

marita...GET THAT TREE DOWN...hahaha..unless you put heart on it and say its a valentine tree..

How about one of those trees that goes into a big bag and you store it that way...may work out ..
I remember watching ROOTS too...good lordy ...time does fly by fast...our daughter was 5 and our son was 8...so long ago..NOW I AM ANCIENT...

I thought we were going to get blown off this hill today...the winds were horrible..made noise and poor Megara went into the hallway to hide...she laid down in front of the bathroom door (her daddy was taking a shower)...its cold still here though..and next week below zero for most of the lows...snow coming in first for Tuesday I think I heard...
have a good night

Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #922
NAB

Marita-- it isn't March yet your good for the tree.

I too remember Roots but I was only in grade 7 and 12 years old then. Same age as Hannah. Now do you feel old.

Here's hoping your President doesn't pre empt my soap tomorrow. I watch Days of our Lives and it is finally getting good lately.

Pumba-- we have had wicked wind for the last two days , batten down the hatches.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #923
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Update: My tree is finally nude, naked even! Now it's just waiting for hubby to put it and the boxes away, we shall see how long that takes....

The crud is going around here too, and I have been having a sore throat off and on for a few days. I say it's time to call in sick tomorrow, cough, cough!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #924
monymony3471

Me and maddy have bronchitis and hubby has the flu. He is a hot mess!

I have to work through my illness unfortunately, moms never get to rest, sit on their butts all day, etc.

-20 with wind chill last two days and schools are open, I can't figure this one out.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #925
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

we had temps in the double digits below zero...I am in my long housecoat, sweat pants, and I feel good and comfy..it was only 1 below when I got up...I didnt want to get out of bed..
Yesterday had a doctors appt and also had a pnemonia shot...I can hardly lift the arm up...this shot hurt worse any I have ever had...flu shots, or tetnaus and whooping cough combo.....at least this shot is good for 5 years..

my niece lives in upstate new york and she is a side plow operator on one of those big snow plow trucks...the driver does that part and she does the plow near the snow banks...well she worked for 21 hours straight and it was whiteout conditions for 9 of those hours...she finally went home at two am to sleep and now is back out cleaning up...her husband is the super for the town they live in ...and no one would do this job..I almost wish she didnt...she said it was very nerve wracking to see NOTHING outside but white snow..

Hope you dont have the crud too Marita...and tell hubby to get rid of the room ornament...rofl...

counting the days till our Disney trip

Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #926
NAB

It sure is cold out there....-24 here with the windchill.

Our schools always open in town , even on snow days for the walkers or the parents that drive them in when there are no buses. The kids go right in and have all indoor recesses when it is -18. Which was yesterday. Today is colder.

I too am bundled up with two sweaters and a t shirt on to keep warm inside. Usually the themostat is set at 70 it is now at 72 so people will get out of bed in the morning.

Mony-- Hope you feel better soon. Your right mom's never get sick or can't stay sick for long.

Marita-- yay for gettng the tree naked. I have lots I should be doing too but when I sit down in front of the computer times seems to go every fast ....
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #927
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

I think I am crud free now, thankfully. I rarely get sick, and when I do it doesnt take long. Don't ask me how, I dont eat right at all, dont take vitamins either. Maybe it's all the alcohol, LOL.

Pumba, have you been keeping an eye on the boards for the FP+? It might very well impact you.
Mony, I think you will be fine with the old system.

Oh man, I was about to say, thank god tomorrow is Friday, but it's not!

PS: I feel for you all freezing. It finally got cooler here too, but in the high 60's. I feel guilty.... I even had to turn on the AC in the car. I will pay the price in July-Sept though.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #928
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Trying to stay warm here as well! My little sister and I started water aerobics last week and went twice, but we both decided it was way too cold to swim last night.

I'm finally mostly over the crud that I had, thank goodness! Dang bronchitis. I feel for you, Mony!

I was very happy to have Monday off. Looking forward to the weekend.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #929
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning everyone..
it is so COLD here...you all say.."HOW COLD WAS IT" it was so cold that the pipes around town are freezing and that means people are having broken pipes..I feel for them...that happened at the old house before we changed the heating system to all three floors..
It is supposed to be 25 below tonight...right now the sun is out and you can see all the chimneys in our area blowing out steam or smoke...depending on if they are using a wood or pellet stove...we dont do any of that..just OIL...we closed up our fireplace cause i am terrified of fire..
yesterday school buses were frozen too...so many had to rely on other buses coming off one run to do another run...but school goes on...
Marita and Mon...glad that you are feeling better...that is the good news of the day..
Have to figure out what to make for supper...blah...I hate to do this..decisions decisions..hahaha..

Old 01-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #930
monymony3471

Hi my praying friends a little beautiful boy was taken by ambulance from my classroom today for a seizure. I'm completely shaken and so worried. Please pray that he is still perfect I'm afraid he was having one for 10-15 mins. He was breathing but not much else. His parents failed to tell us he has a history, we could of been better prepared for this had we known. Not a mention of this on his emergency card.

Thank you!

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: