Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #76
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Lynette - Me neither. Chad and I saw him at Epcot(walking around with his family) a couple years ago, it was the highlight of my trip. ;o) The first "celebrity" I've ever seen(not counting when we *think* we saw Toby Mac(Christian artist) at WDW one year when we were there the day he was going to be preforming(at Night of Joy).

Anyway, Vanilla Ice has a special place in my heart because Chad has always since the beginning of our relationship sang Ice Ice Baby to me.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #77
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

I love reading all the day to day stuff here...Makes it feel like YAH I know them.

we are in for a storm......I hate snow but I think I already told you that...(HAHAHA)...we are in the six to ten inches area...YUCK...

My first celebrity sighting was in our home town...Saw Robert Goulet and Cassius Clay(aka as ALI )...the fight was in our civic center many many years ago...
THen our first year in Disney ...Ann Margaret was being interviewed in MGM studios..past Honey I Shrunk the kids play area...it was awesome..Then I went to a concert (22 years ago actually) and saw Kenny Rogers...but first act was Eddie Rabbit ..I thought he was Roger Rabbit but I was wrong...and then next act before Kenny Rogers was shoot the guy with the big hat..and awesome eyes..Garth brooks..had to google male country singers...hey it was 22 years ago...cute butt too...
I love to go to the American pavilion during Flower Power days and watch oldies but goodies...Chubby checker was the best I have witnessed there...Paul Revere and the raiders was a big disappointment...and some of th eothers were not bad...

soooooo I guess will go and watch tv...our granddaughter went to her moms for a while to hem her pants...I will miss her ..saturday she is packing up and going up north to her other place and finish off her second year of pharmacy school...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #78
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I'm way behind, sorry, promise to catch up soon. Although I have no idea with what, life has been boring, except for the drama over on the POR thread about the delay of the Royal Rooms. I guess I got distracted, but that seems mostly settled now. Poly bookers are ticked off at POR upgrades though, cant blame them.

Where's Moo?
Old 01-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #79
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Marita-- What are Royal rooms?

Moo is probably as tired as I am , it goes with the saying I need a vacation after my vacation just to rest. Today is hubby's first day back to work. He got rest , slept in everyday then we went out so I didn't get extra sleep or time to take my Christmas stuff down. All I got done was the suitcases emptied and wash done. My house is a wreck.

Only famous person I saw at WDW was Matt from the Today show with his family. They were waiting to get on Dumbo. That was a few years ago. And the only other famous person I saw in real life was Conway Twitty. He was at a local bar in my home town. It was a big bar , boosted the worlds longest bar. Had headliner bands, lots of older bands too. He was there just visting, my first husband went to the washroom and said he saw him in there I didn't believe him until he came and stood at the bar. I love his music , I must admit I have a CD of him and Loretta Lynn. My parents listended to them a lot when we were young.

Last edited by NAB; 01-12-2012 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Must get my Christmas stuff down today....at least the main floor.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #80
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning..
everyone in the neighborhood that doesnt put the cars in the garages...backed in their driveways...get out easier with snow...well ...it hasnt happened as of yet...but very grey outside..

I am sitting here waiting for ava and thinking I HATE SNOW>..

see ya later

Old 01-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #81
MommyPoppins
A new saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Poly bookers are ticked off at POR upgrades though, cant blame them.
Why do Poly bookers care what's happening at POR?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #82
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

we already probably have up to three to four inches....it is coming down sideways and is very heavy...white out conditions in some roads...I hate snow..

I had something for lunch that my daughter made..
Chicken in a crock pot and then carrots and salsa...she said that
the chicken pulled apart like pulled pork...it was delishish...I need
to know how she made it...would be good on some rice..

See ya

Old 01-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #83
NAB

Pumba that does sound really good. Maybe you could sure if you get the recipe.

We have had everything today. Rain , big snowflakes, freezing rain and then more snow. Nothing is sticking to the ground though. This is one weird Janurary for weather.

I have all my Christmas stuff out of all the main rooms now. Throughly cleaned two rooms. One more to go the living room/computer desks were a dining room table should be. Now saying that do not go into my basement because everything is down there to be packed away in the closet under the stairs. Can't put anything away because I have to take the big tree down first which is still standing decorated down there.

I am running out of steam and the kids will be home from school soon.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #84
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Sorry I haven't been on until now! I came down with a cold starting on Sunday which has turned into bronchitis I stayed home Tuesday, went into work yesterday but probably shouldn't have because I was coughing up a lung, and stayed home again today. My poor sister who cruise with me came down with this crud too. Hope Nabbie doesn't get it.

We loved, lived, loved the cruise and it was fun getting to have dinner with Nabbie and her family and spending some other time together!!! Yes, my sis and I immensely enjoyed the martini tasting and spending time in the adult areas, especially the adult beach at Castaway Cay!

Will try to post a few vacation pics after I get them uploaded.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #85
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoppins View Post
Why do Poly bookers care what's happening at POR?
MP, The Royal rooms are new at Royal room pic:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res...ort-riverside/

How the the did the rest of my post get swallowed?

ANyway, the displaced POR guests are getting all kinds of upgrades to deluxes without charge, often way more than they paid (like theme park view when they booked a garden view, and the people that booke at the Poly originally got their panties in a wad cause their potential upgrades are now being given to the POR "transplants". It's been quite the drama

ANyway, I'm way behind on all my threads.

Moo, welcome back, sorry you are sick though

Nab, even though I got all my decorations and ornaments down, my (bare) tree is still up. Sure hope hubby and DD will finally put it all away this weekend.

Pumba, are you sure you hate snow? I dont think you ever mentioned it
Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #86
NAB

Well just came in from shoveling. It is really blowing out there now. Kids are thrilled since it is our real first snow of the season. I could do with out the wind.

Was going to go get some groceries but think I will stay in. Besides my arms are killing me from cleaning up and lifting all those heavy boxes around yesterday. Hubby says I am subborn because I did it myself instead of waiting for him or Nicholas to help. I think I would be waitning a long time they would sit and I would do it anyway. Everything Christmas is gone now. Just have to rearrange and clean the basement up but not today. I will enjoy my clean main floor today. Out of sight out of mind.

Moo-- Sorry to hear you sick. We are all fine here. Just tired.Hope you and your sister feel better soon.

Marita-- Not sure I like that Royal room picture they have post on that link. That must be in the Mansions. We loved our room fine. Like I said Hannah really liked that pull down bed.

Sandy-- Welcome back home! That seemed really short, how long were you gone?

Last edited by NAB; 01-13-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Off to have breakfast before it is lunch...
Old 01-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #87
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

Morning..
We are going to have a heat wave...maybe get to the 40s today and then WHAMMOOOOO...down in the below zero stuff with high winds...maybe today also with freezing rain...yuck...
we got probably 6ish ...so not much for a snow fall...put the trash out and then took Megara to go potty and that is it for now...

we will go out to eat tonight and then shop for some NEEDED replacement of FOOD...we have plenty of the protein stuff..(5 hams, three turkeys, 20 lbs of chicken breasts and the moose).....but need veggies and cereal and milk and english muffins ...let me think of other stuff later...

Hope you all have a good day...cause I plan on it..

Old 01-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #88
MommyPoppins
A new saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
MP, The Royal rooms are new at Royal room pic:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res...ort-riverside/

How the the did the rest of my post get swallowed?

ANyway, the displaced POR guests are getting all kinds of upgrades to deluxes without charge, often way more than they paid (like theme park view when they booked a garden view, and the people that booke at the Poly originally got their panties in a wad cause their potential upgrades are now being given to the POR "transplants". It's been quite the drama

ANyway, I'm way behind on all my threads.

Moo, welcome back, sorry you are sick though

Nab, even though I got all my decorations and ornaments down, my (bare) tree is still up. Sure hope hubby and DD will finally put it all away this weekend.

Pumba, are you sure you hate snow? I dont think you ever mentioned it
It doesn't take much for DISer's to get their panties in a wad.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 AM   #89
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

ELI IS HOME!!!!

Just for the weekend, but they got home about midnight last night. He had his central line/port put in yesterday, and they told mom she couldn't leave until she learned how to flush it. Her deal with Eli was that he could go home as soon as she learned. Well, the wonderful folks at St. Jude's lined up a Home Health nurse to come and teach her this weekend while she is home. Thank you for all of your prayers. I have seen the 'power of prayer' twice in the course of a week. Please know that this family is VERY appreciative of them, and they are WORKING!!

Welcome Home!!! NAB and MOO!!!
Sorry your cruise got you sick Moo! Hope you heal soon.

PUMBA
- You HATE snow? Learn something new every day!

Well, I had my DS take all the Christmas boxes upstairs to the playroom, but I am hoping to get it all organized this weekend. DD is gone on a church trip, so we are home alone all weekend!!

I used to keep it all in our downstairs closet, but after the April 27th tornadoes, we have decided to make that our tornado closet. We learned alot from that tragedy. We are going to keep a box in there with copies of our SSN cards, birth certificates, tax records, photo albums, etc.

People here came out of their houses with NOTHING, and no way to prove who they were. It was a headache on top of their tragedy. Our hope it to have it all together in one spot, and hopefully, we will never have to 'try out' our theory.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.

Last edited by aldisneygrl; 01-14-2012 at 06:28 AM. Reason: spellun'
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #90
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning world...I mean Moovers....what can I say...ITS COLD>>>>>

Dont forget your insurance numbers too when you bring down copies of your other things...I have most of our info in the safety deposit at the credit union..but you got me to thinking...maybe copies in our own area would be better...we dont have tornados...well once in a blue moon...but we have some hurricanes and big snow storms that can do damage ...
that earthquake a few years ago in California ...well a storm system that came right after that and traveled across the us and came to the northeast...killed more people then the earthquake...you dont realize it because we live thru storms all the time..snow is snow...

KT is leaving in a little while..I am going to miss her...she has been here for three weeks and I have enjoyed every moment of it...

have to learn to cook for the two of us again...

Last night we went out to the chinese buffet and I had some of the chef stir fry that they do with what items you want...and then I had two plates of crab legs..(I have cuts on my hand to prove it) and then a few clams...YUCK..but even though I ate mostly good things ...the butter added up and I tested HIGH this morning...so will learn not to put the crab meat in the butter and leave it there until I fill it up..I will shell and dip and eat...that way you dont get as much butter...I am so afraid that the doctor will put me on meds this time...I go to see her on tuesday and then she will give me the lab test to go and have it tested at the hospital...fasting and all that...geesh..I should of behaved more..Of course exercising in the winter in Maine is not high...I always like to walk ...but to dang cold and slippery..

Will continue to keep Eli in our prayers...

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: