Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #871
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Well we had a green Christmas but over the last two days it is really coming down. Even had to get the snowblower out yesterday because the plow went and we couldn't get out.

Looks really pretty if you don't have to go out. The kids went sledding yesterday and are going skating this afternoon.

Feels good to be home , not back to normal yet but getting there. Won't be normal until the kids go back to school and they have another week. Hubby goes back to work New Year's eve/Day since it is nightshift.

Santa and family were good to us. Everyone got want the wanted now everything is everywhere. Only had to do one return, Hannah's sweater from my sister was too small. Hubby priced matched his Christmas gift this morning , save $150. on that one.

Moo-- Hope Mari and David got home safe.

Marita-- did Chris go back as well or do you get New Years with him too?
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #872
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Nabbie - Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!

Mari & David made it home safely last night. Unfortunately, David may be coming down with this cold/bronchitis that I have I've been hacking up a lung.

Pumba - We just have a few inches of snow here. Not so much as to make driving hazardous.

I'm just relaxing at home today. Put some Bailey's in my tea since I won't be driving anywhere. Yum!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #873
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Nab, Chris went home on Wednesday, but he is coming back in February to go on a cruise with DD and her BF and then will have a few days here.

I have been so lazy, its not even funny. My nails are a mess and I just cant get myself to get them done. I dont think I have even gotten out of bed before noon or 1 or 2 except for Christmas Eve, LOL.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #874
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

last night we had another six inches of the dreaded white stuff....we are not winter people in our old age...hubby is outside in his snowmobile suit snowblowing...
I just restarted MYFITNESPAL dot com to see if I can keep track of what I eat and how much...and see if I can bring down my blood sugar numbers...this is a good program...I put in my food and it says how many carbs it is...so wish me luck ladies and gents (if any gents come here anymore)..

We did go out to eat last night and then did our grocery shopping...both places had a few dozen people there and we were good to slip and slide all over the place...
Kids come back from up north today...they were having a family party at Scotties house...tomorrow they both have to work...KT got her internship at a pharmacy that does mostly compounding and drugs for transplant patients...good place to intern for three weeks...

My friends of the Moo'vers...Happy New year to you all...and may your new year be wonderful for all...love you all bunches

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #875
NAB

Well ringing in the New Year with the kids tonight. I got them finger foods and a bunch of junk food to eat. They are all in there glory. Poor Hubby has to work tonight.

Think I will start putting all the christmas stuff away tomorrow or the next day. That was a lot of work to take it out and a lot of work to put away. Plus finding homes for all the new stuff we got.

Hope everyone is healthy , lots of flu going around here.

Enjoy the last day of 2012 !!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #876
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Happy New Year! Looking forward to another great year with you all!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #877
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

happy New Year to you all too..

We are leaving in a few to go to Old Orchard Beach area ...our son and dil are doing another 5 k and we are going to supervise the two munchkins and then after ...a seafood buffet...at the Clambake restaurant...
Sounds like a plan to me...temp for the race will be in the low 20s...I will dress warm or stay in the truck except when they come to the finish line...

Hubby and I went to a neighbors house and had a drink and a LOT of munchies...she had so much food...and we brought home made clam dip and chips...they set off fireworks at eleven thirty but we were home..and in bed...Megara heard the noise and it scared her...we put her thunder shirt on at six thirty or so...just to be prepared...

Hope you all have a great New Year and I cant think of a better group to be a part of..

Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #878
NAB

Well I made it to 12:30 after watching the ball drop and flipping between NBC and ABC. Loved the show before with Dick Clark and the top 30.

The kids snacked and snacked some more have no idea when they went to bed. I thought I would let them stay up as long as they wanted. It doesn't happen very often that I do this.

The sun is shining on this First day of 2013 , hope it shines all year round for my friends. Have a happy and healthy New Year!!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #879
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Happy New Year, friends!

I managed to stay up a bit past midnight too. Still struggling with this bronchitis and Don is sick as well as David Hope Mari doesn't get it as well. Nasty stuff.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #880
monymony3471

I guess I win, we went to bed about 2am. Then the dog kept me up Until 3:30.

Oh ya, we recused a dog, beautiful Golden Retriever 10 months old.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #881
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

everyone is getting new babies....Congratulations on your new addition to your home..I saw photos of your baby and i love it..

yesterday after freezing in Old Orchard Beach area waiting for our son and his wife to cross the finish line...hubby took the two munchkins in and I waited...put on my gloves and my hood to my coat and waited ...FINALLY our son came in ...he was number 72 out of 160ish people...Not bad for someone who just started running this past fall...and our daughter in law had to much clothes on she said and she came in at 98...She has been running for the last year...son's time was 28 minutes and our daughter in law was 33 minutes...so they did awesome...we had seafood after and we had a great time...
I was thinking I could walk run walk run in one this summer...maybe try it out...I know that I have walked with my neighbor longer then a 5k and did it in 45 minutes...so we shall see...need to regroup my legs and body I think..

kids in our area went back to school today..I am sure that there are a few families happy with this..hahaha..

Our granddaughter is at a pharmacy for her winter rotation and anxious to hear about it...she did a few hours on New Years Eve day...but it was rush rush rush because people were coming in for their meds so to have them for the New year...

have a great day everyone

Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #882
monymony3471

Few more days left to our break, back to school for us all Monday.

I booked my flights for February! I am coming in a day early just to save 50.00. Now I have to actually figure out what to do with my extra day that won't cost me 50.00

I told him to just tell his room mates at his meetings that he will be sneaking me in, like in a college dorm. Then I will sneak out early in the morning and head over to Coronado and check us in and lounge by the pool.

I just need to figure out how to get from place to place. I think he's 10 minutes from WDW.

Has anyone heard of Mystic Dunes Resort?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #883
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Mony, I haven't heard of that resort, but based on the map on their website, it appears to be fairly close to Animal Kingdom! Cabs are pretty plentiful for your transfer, but a bit more expensive than I would have thought. I took a cab back to the Beach Club after dropping off a rental car over a year ago and ended up using most of the cash I had available at the time

Maybe because it was a town car taxi? I just got in the first one that was in line at the entrance of the hotel where I returned my rental car.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #884
monymony3471

Well, turns out hubby had enough points to purchase my airfare. Found out after I bought my tix. So with that thinking he can get me a room near DTD. Really a day to myself?

Then the next morning I can take a bus to my resort.

How do the buses from DTD work? Do they go only to parks? Then catch a bus from a park to the resort?

I already practiced packing in my tote. They only allow one free small carry on that has to fit under my seat.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #885
NAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Well, turns out hubby had enough points to purchase my airfare. Found out after I bought my tix. So with that thinking he can get me a room near DTD. Really a day to myself?

Then the next morning I can take a bus to my resort.

How do the buses from DTD work? Do they go only to parks? Then catch a bus from a park to the resort?

I already practiced packing in my tote. They only allow one free small carry on that has to fit under my seat.
From DTD you can only go to your resort, they don't go to the parks. The only way to get to the parks from DTD would be to go to a resort then hop on another bus to the parks. So you will only have to go on one bus to the resort from DTD.

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: