Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #856
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

Monica...I know that this is so traumatic for most of the US and the World...I watched some when it was unfolding the info...and then had to go to do something or watch something totally stupid...Only way I could stop the feeling of grief for the families and friends and the little kids that saw this and have to think about it forever...

My daughter is a teacher, as you know...she is in a behavioral school ..these kids cant be mainstreamed into public school yet...and I worry about her every day...they are not old kids but very troubled kids...some (not many) of the parents are not with the program either and I worry "now" that one of them will come in and finish off the school too..she said not to worry so much Ma...But being a mother I do...
SO Monica...talk to some of the other teachers ...they may have the same issues and you all can talk about this "together" It is important that all of the teachers all over the US talk to each other...maybe have a group session...

I feel for all of you guys...teachers, parents, and people like me...a grandmother of two young munchkins ..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #857
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

So sad about those kids and them more they show their pictures and tell something about them the sadder and madder it makes me. So senseless. Can't look at my Christmas tree and not think that those poor parents. It's been on every TV daytime shows etc all day.

On an better note. I am almost done my Christmas cookies. I have 10 different ones made spread over 22 plastic bins. Not small bins either.

I should start selling them...Hannah has a bake sale at her school before the Christmas concert so I will send some in. She won't be doing the concert but selling tickets. Grade 7 is the cut off for classes actually singing. So that part of her school history is done. Sad I will miss watching all the little ones try to out sing each other or pick their nose or dance or do something really funny but embarrasing for their parents. Won't miss the trying to find a seat and having to get there an hour early so I do get to sit down.

Marita-- Saw you paid of your house. That must feel good. Now you can retire?
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #858
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Nab, maybe you should start a business selling cookies, go on Shark tank and get $100,000 to get started on QVC

This morning, our team signed up to volunteer to hand out Toys for Tots gifts. 7am I was sooo tired, luckily, hubby was home and got me up. Then I handed out garbage bags with toys (boys 7-9) for 1 1/2 hours to the runners, my back was killing me. Then I got relieved and checked in parents at the computer. I'm tired

The only shifts available when we checked were 7-11am and 3-8PM. Next year the only way I will go is for the 11-3pm shift.

My house is still a mess, and Chris arrives Wednesday night. Oh well, at least he can't divorce me.
Oh, one more thing. My washer has been leaking lately, not too bad, but a nice puddle on the floor underneath. 2 Service calls. 1st said nothing is wrong (DUH!). second said he needed parts a week or more ago. SO finally it got (supposedly) fixed today, the bill would have been $580 of it hadnt been under warranty.

YAWN!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #859
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Hmm, I thought I commented on the retirement thing. Not ready yet, dont know what to do with myself all day, besides, cant even get partial SS till 62, So I will be trecking along a while longer if I can.
But I am eyeing a new car very soon!! Mine is 10 yrs old with 125K miles on it, so I can still get a trade in for about $3K and have new toys in the car.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #860
NAB

It sure doesn't feel like Christmas. Can't get in the spirit. Hannah says it is because we have no snow at all. Heck the grass is still green. Not to say it isn't frosty in the morninig though.

I just have one more batch of cookies to make and will do that on the weekend since hubby has to work. He is on night shift right until Christmas eve morning.

So not sure when we will get to my mom's for Christmas. We usually there a few days before and come home after the party Christmas eve. Everyone goes to church together too so my schedule is all screwed up this year. And since we lost Hubby's mom this year the otherside really doesn't know what they want to do either. It is only his dad and brother now. So all that is stressing me out too.

Marita --Hope your son makes it home safe tonight. I heard the mid west is having a lot of snow right now.

Moo-- when does Mari and David come home?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #861
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Nab, try Christmas in Florida, never any snow, LOL. We have weather in the 70's and sunny, it's beautiful outside. We drove around Ft. Wilderness yesterday, the Winter campers put up all kinds of elaborate displays, most blow ups. One had a tent with Santa and elves inside.

My son is on his way, he posted of FB from Minneapolis, so I know he got out of Montana at least, and he shoud be here in about 2 hours!

As of tonight, I am on vacation until 12/31, yay!!

And I just got a solicitation call for long term care insurance
Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #862
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Nabbie - Mari and David should be here Saturday night. I did enough cleaning tonight to get the tree set up and the dog's kennel moved to the back room so we can put the tree in a better spot this year. Have to check the lights and fluff it. May not decorate it until tomorrow night though.

Mari asked me to move the kennel out of the living room and clean thoroughly because David thought being around three dogs flared up his allergies back in September.

I'm having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit this year ... maybe it will be better once the tree is decorated.

Marita - Christmas in Florida sounds wonderful to me!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #863
NAB

Well my bake shop is closed as of now. My kitchen is all cleaned up , bowls, measuring spoons and cups put away. I usually leave all the big cookie sheets, think Costco size and cooling racks the same size out on the counters so I don't have to keep taking them in and out everyday.

Now just to get everything else cleaned up around here. Hubby is working tonight so I will do all my vacuuming tonight. Hopefully we will be out of here tomorrow night. He swapped night shifts so we could go a night earlier instead of Christmas eve. Got to love him for doing that for me and my family. He gets more money for weekend nights and he gave one up. Believe me it was hard for him, he sees dollar signs....

We got a bit of snow overnight the kids are excited. You can still see the grass so it isn't much but if it stays I guess you can call it a white Christmas.

Moo-- Hope Mari and David make it safely there. How exciting to have them home for the holidays.

Hope everyone is ready.....only 3 more days!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #864
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Hi Ladies!

I have been busy and cooking all day! First wave of the family celebrations begins tonight.

This is my side and my aunts and uncles are coming over and I just love sitting and talking with everyone. Can't wait.

The infamous pierogie making queen was at it this week!

Oh dear! The doorbell just rang and I have hair dye on, talk about 2 hours early
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #865
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

Hello everyone..
We had so much rain yesterday that it came thru the door and the entry way...so called the contractor and he will come and measure for a new door and sidelites...we had one and we bought a door frame for the door and the two sidelites...that was a vinyl one and it was 500.00....now we have to invest in a whole new door ...not a happy person..
It was almost 3 inches of rain that we got...places were flooded and then today we get this freak snow squall....it poured SNOW...yuck...yesterday we had temps in the 50s with the rain..
Yesterday we also went to my nieces preschool Academy for hubby played santa...the kids were so cute..so we were busy..

I hope you all have a great Christmas and parties leading up to Christmas and vacation days leading up to the New Year...

Oh yah..I learned what a periogi looks like...

Old 12-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #866
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Mari and David made it in safely tonight around 9:00 tonight. So wonderful to see them!!! They gave us an awesome bound book with their wedding photos

Hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #867
NAB

Moo-- Glad they made it safe and sound.

Pumba-- That is terrible about your door. Hope you can get it fixed fast so you don't have the cold coming in too.

Marita-- enjoy your time off work. Funny but that is what I miss about working is looking forward to the holidays and days off. Now they all just blend in.

Off to my mom's today! Now I am getting excited since I haven't been there since our Thankgiving and that was Oct. I keep in touch but it is nothing like seeing everyone.

Merry Christmas !!!
Have a safe and happy one everyone!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #868
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Merry Christmas!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #869
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was very relaxing. Just the four of us in our PJs or comfy clothes hanging out, eating leftovers from our Christmas Eve family gathering until dinner when I made a quick, easy meal

Today, I'm making a big pot of bean soup with some of the leftover ham.

We're waiting for the snowfall to start. Sure hope it doesn't cause problems for Mari & David's drive home! They're planning to drive back on Friday instead of Thursday.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #870
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

we are in the ten to sixteen inch range....GOOD GOSH I HATE SNOW...but you guys already knew that...

We had a great Christmas with everyone here...we had a ham dinner and the three pies that we made...and then the kids opened gifts...Our granddaughter and her fiance ...they are so anxious for Disney in May that we got them gift cards for Disney...then little fans for them to use when it gets wicked hot...and Mickey cups for little kids...but those were supposed to hide the gift cards...today we went to a furniture store and got her bedroom a dresser for the tv set...she moved into the other bedroom...more room and space for her JUNK ..
we got Disney gift cards and LL bean boots and clothes, and more gift cards...cause we are hard to buy for...my Vera Bradley hipster didnt come in so will wait for that...we as usual do not buy each other gifts...but during the year we are surprised by gifts just for the HECK OF IT....I love that reasoning...we are going to Disney in May and to me that is the best gift of all..

Hope you are all well and ready for this big storm to hit in our area....YUCK to snow...
Safe travels for those going back to their homes ..

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: