Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #826
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

hello..
today is december 1st....can you all believe this...it has gone by so fast...I get a little down in the dumps around this time..
My mama passed away 5 years ago on december 12th...I really cant believe it ...it has gone by fast but miss her and my dear mother in law around this time...Hubby lost his mama in May of that same year and then my mama in december...so all the jokes about MIL's didnt really hit home with me...It did take me years before I was comfortable in calling her something other then Mrs. Pumba or when the kids came ...Grammie....the last five or so years ..she was a dear MOM...she loved me like I loved her...
SOOOOOO
We made reservations yesterday for All Star Movies...I also got a preferred room and put in a request (which always doesnt come out) for a first floor ...hope it works...we shall see in May...something now to look forward to...160 days out...ROFL...
LET THE COUNTING BEGIN>.

My great niece had a baby girl this past Thursday and her name is Brooklynn Juliette.....very cute little baby...Juliette is after my sister (her memere) ...she passed away 6 years ago...lost a whole bunch of people we love in a year and a half...

so see ya later gators

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #827
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Pumba and Mony , your both right time is flying by.

Pumba-- I too am usually down in the dumps this time of year, lost my first Husband Dec. 14th, miscarried my third child on Dec. 18th, and lost my grandma on Dec. 23 so my mind does a lot of wandering this time of year. If I could I would like to avoid the dates of Dec. all together but with kids I always have to look at the calander for school events.

But I push though. Probably because of my kids or I would probably hold up somewhere until it was over. Tonight we are going to a potluck at the church and lighting ceremony for the the tree and manger scene. Hannah is super excited about it. What would I do without her I don't know. She keeps me going.

Mony-- I don't know how you wouldn't get attached to the kids. Nicholas's kindergarten teacher still remembers him when he comes by the old school. Heck she remembers me and she goes though a lot of kids.

Well better go, baking cookies for the potluck tonight. Not a good cook but I can bake and you can never have enough chocolate chip cookies.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #828
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

We bought a new dining room set in July. Table for 6 (after having the table and chairs that came with the mobile home for 37 years, which we left in 1981). At the time I thought, we dont need six chairs. so we got 4. Silly me.
Now DS is coming home for Christmas and with BF, we will be 5. And it's silly to have a table for 6 with 4 chairs, right?
So I went online and found the chair and sent the link to hubby and he went and ordered them and they were delivered today.

Well, guess what? They are very similar, but not the same
I debated keeping them, just put them at the end of the table, but then I decided to call (hubby mentiond they should have our original order on file). I felt very apologetic to the poor sales lady who said she even showed the chair to hubby to make sure when it was the right one. I didn't even notice until after the delivery people left. Anyway, they were very nice and only charging half the delivery price, so we get away with $25. Anyway, glad I called, I do feel better with matching chairs.

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 12-01-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Backstage_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #829
NAB

Marita--I wish I had room for a big dining room table. Well Iguess I could if I gave up my family room across from the kitchen. Anyway I would have went for the 6 thinking the that some day my kids would bring home spouses. Then grandchildren. If even the thought was only in my head because I am a long way off from that.

Our potluck went really well last night. So much food. Then they had dancing and the kids and older ones really got into it. It was very strange to see our seniors doing Gangdomsytle. Nicholas and I were laughing too because we had never seen our priest just sitting and chatting drinking a beer and dancing with the rest of them. Nice to see though.

Today is advent wreath making at the church after mass. They supply everything, fresh evergreens, candles, and decorations. We do this every year too. Just wish everything wasn't in one weekend. But we light the first candle today and yesterday was the begininng of the Christmas season at church so we were celebrating.

Hope everyone has a Great Sunday....I hope it stops raining here.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #830
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Nabbie - That darn Gangnam Style song keeps going through my head. It's everywhere!

Well, I got most everything rearranged between Mari and David's and my rooms last night. Phew, that was a big job! I just have a stack of scrapbooking pages to store away somewhere and a pile of stuff to take to Goodwill . Hopefully, the new bed will be delivered on Friday. I already bought sheets and a mattress pad and already had a blanket. Just need to decide if I need to get a comforter or if I have one around here that'll work.

Marita - I only got four chairs with my table years ago. Sure wish I'd bought six.

I went to a big arts and crafts show today. I think I got all the Christmas gifts that I need for my party with friends next weekend. Just need to find some gift bags.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #831
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

I looked up Gangnam style a while ago:
Quote:
Gangnam Style" is a Korean neologism mainly associated with upscale fashion and lavish lifestyle associated with trendsetters in Seoul’s Gangnam district (강남), which is considered the most affluent part of the metropolitan area. In colloquial usage, it is comparable to the English slang terms “swag” or “yolo”.
who needs food when you got gangnam style?
Nothing to do with Gangs, Nab. The leadership team at All Star just did a video dancing to it, a bunch of middle aged people in loud jackets, LOL. They look pretty silly
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #832
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

okey we are into big tables and plenty of chairs...our table is over 100 years old..it has huge round legs ...and it has three extra leaves...so okey ...we have daughter and son in law ...they did have two kids...but now Kt has a fiance and our grandson comes too...then our son and his wife have two munchkins and then there are us..that is 11 now...but five years ago we had my mom and his mom too...so hubby went to home depot and got a nice piece of wood...it extends on top of our good dining room table and we can fit everyone and a few extras if need be..(if we squish closer)....
SO the chairs are all antiques...some were from the house we bought and tore down...some are his grandfathers...but they all have the same stain and poly stain on it...so they sort of blend in...when the two munchkins are eating here too ...we put the hard seated ones out ..in case they need to put their feet under them...most of them have cane ...hubby redid all of those...some are ready for a new job too...cane dries out unless you put glycerin on them occasionally..
SOOOo
The sun is out (thank goodness) and the ice is almost melted...yesterday was a very slick and dangerous day...Our GD up north was going to the pharmacy at the hospital to work the early shift and she spun around in circles ...scared her to death...she made it to the hospital at least in one piece...she is a good driver...but ice is what it is ...DANGEROUS..
see ya later gators

Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #833
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Day two of the Kindergarten class and I think I am two names/faces shy of knowing all the kids. 24 of them! I am not used to working with large groups our class sizes are usually 10-12 kids. And they are squirmy, loud, and constantly out of their seats!

Lot's of work to do on that. But I still love it!

Every time I think about Saturday I just want to cry. I am so emotional over this. I'm afraid I'm going to be a blubbering fool. I want to relish this and enjoy it and I can't fight the tears. Tearing up just typing this.

Wish me luck that I can keep it together.

I had to write a reflective piece on my last two student teaching placements, 12 pages later and I hope its enough. I hope that is it on long in-depth writing assignments.

Nab and Pumba, sorry for the heartbreaking memories. When I had my first son, we had to attend 12 funerals in 11 months. 2 of which were my dad and Tim's mom passing 3 days apart. It was a sucky year, trying to enjoy being a first time mom was very difficult, but what doesn't break us makes us stronger.

I know my dad will be looking down on me and that makes it even harder.

Moo: Glad you have the house ready, my house is a mess! I guess on the weekend I'll have free time to clean, yea!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #834
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Oh, Mony, I wish I had the house ready! Just the bedroom for the newlyweds so far ... the new bed will be delivered on Saturday

You are so caring, you will be a fantastic teacher!!! We are proud of you.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #835
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning..
Mony...my daughter is a teacher...she didnt start out to be one...Her BS is in Natural and Applied Sciences...but one day she ended up being an Ed Tech...like a paraprofessional in some states...then she was encouraged to teach ...and she did...now she has all her special ed certifications under her belt and all her classes for that too...She has done so wonderful...she went to college when she realized that she would have to provide for her two kids..(lowlife EX)...she did it with two kids and a part time job...we are so proud of her...she has been married to a great guy..14 years...her kids are 21 and 23...and just sniffling here proud..
SO proud of you and your accomplishments too Mony...

Now it may not be 2013 yet...but I am counting down the days to go to Movies Resort and have a good time...

Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #836
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Mony, can't wait for the pictures of you walking. It's been a long road.

We are all so proud of you!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #837
NAB

Yes Mony we are all proud of you . You have worked really hard for what you want.

Boy it seems like it has been raining for days. No snow but rain. I will take it but I do want the sun back. Rainy days make me sleepy.

No time to sleep though. I got all my Christmas shopping done except for a few stocking stuffers. Hannah and I wrapped most of the presents this morning for family. She was excited for about three presents then said she was tired. It is a lot of work carrying all the wrapping paper etc. upstairs.

On top of that I am washing so I can't take a nap, to much to do.

Hope everyone is on track for Christmas ....it is only 17 days away.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #838
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

NAB, Im totally NOT on track for xmas. Or maybe I am, LOL, just need something for DH. I got some perfume Nicole wanted, my son wants nothing. Hubby does all the shopping for the kids under 14 that come to party on xmas eve and he buys all sorts of stuff for the kids, he is out of control, but he LOVES it. My new big dining room table is currently covered with catalogues, sigh!
Oh, and remember the chairs I got that were wrong? Well, guess we will be buying on of them, one of the cat put puncture holes all over the back of one of them
Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #839
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Graduation was fun! I wish we were done so it would feel like I was done. I got an awesome grade on my last paper so it just put me in a much better mood.

We celerbated by having a nice meal at our favorite pizza restaurant.

My placement for my K class is a little tricky. I am up for the challenge for sure! I'm sure to learn a lot in the next 5 weeks.

Thank you all for rooting for me, supporting me, and reminding me that I could do this. It sure feels great to be done with my classes.

I have to prep now for my exit interview, that should be very doable.

Then find a job!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #840
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

hello my friends..

I guess some of you know that I "retired" from the moderating post that I have held for 13 years..
I am older then everyone there so I figured this is the right time...
I am very thankful that I was a mod on the trip report board that year...almost 7 years ago...I know almost the date cause my dear sister was terminal...anyways...I am thankful because even with all the chaos ..I got to meet all of you...and thankful that you accepted me as ME...YOU all have been a great part of my last 7 years...Thank you for that..

so i guess tomorrow I will decorate the upstairs...not really in the mood yet...but maybe if I do ...then I will be..

Marie

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: