Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #751
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

oh I am so sorry....how sad for you all to go thru this...Is he in this country or out...
please know that you are in my prayers ..missing our siblings is hard...I miss my sister every day...

Hugs

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #752
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Thanks, Pumba.
He is in Germany, so too far to go now, and flights are $3000 this close in.
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #753
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Marita, so sorry to hear about your brother Did you know that he had been in failing health (sorry if I missed a previous post about that)?

Nabbie - Glad to hear that you have your color theme for your Christmas photos! I like when families have their pictures taken wearing denim, but that's not exactly Christmassy!!!

I don't wear makeup often, but I think it really helps to wear a bit for photos of a special occasion! I think I have pretty much everything I need now. I exchanged the lipstick I had purchased for a lip gloss which was a really natural color that I liked, but it tasted like sunscreen so I talked with the Clinique salesperson about it today when I went to get some eye makeup remover and eyeliner and she said to bring the lip gloss back. Unfortunately, I didn't have it with me when I talked with her, but I did pick up a shimmery medium pink lipstick that I think will work. I'd like to play up my eyes for the wedding and when you do that, you're not supposed to wear a bright lipstick

For the wedding, Mari is wearing a sleeveless, V-neck, knee-length cotton eyelet dress which is sort of a taupe color and it will have a burgundy crinoline under it (which is a couple inches longer than her dress). Not really what I would have picked for her, but you know how that goes!!! She is probably going to wear an ivory birdcage veil as well. It is going to be a casual, vintage-themed back yard wedding. My dress is probably dressier than it needed to be, but it's the only thing I could find that I liked ... I have continued looking all fall for a dress I liked better, but could not find one, so I'm wearing a royal purple dress in a similar style to the one I wore for the Michigan party, but it has a V-neck instead of a draped neck.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #754
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Sorry about your brother Marita.
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #755
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Thanks, friends.

Moo, he was in the hospital about every 3 months for detox of some sort, but I didnt know he was this bad now.

Speakng of weddings, DD asked today if she could get a Disney wedding for almost free, since we both worked there so long
Old 10-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #756
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Marita-- sorry to hear about your brother, I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

Disney wedding sounds lovely , but sadly wedding and free anything don't go in the same sentence usually. Right Cel.

Moo-- I love vintage looking weddings. We had one at our church this summer, right down to the old cars. With Mari's short hair the bird cage veil will be beautiful.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #757
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Ha. Free? Yeah right. The mouse doesn't do much for free.
Tell her to check out the Swan - they are MUCH more reasonable.
And they don't care how many guests you have.
THe disney ones are about 5000 for 18 people - as soon as that 19th guest is added, the price jumps to at least 12,000.
The swan has several packages - most under 5000 and you can have around 100 people there - even more in some cases.

What I'm looking at now is 2000 for the site fee to the Swan - it includes chairs a wedding planner and a water station.

I'm going to do a Fantasmic! Dessert party through disney events for $2000.

When you add in cake and other things like our boardwalk stay (renting points), I'm looking to spend about 6000.
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #758
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Cel, $6K for a wedding isnt bad at all. I read an article a while back that the average wedding is $22K DD still thinks parents should pay, HA! But of course Daddy said he would give her a nice wedding.....

My brother passed away last night. The are doing the funeral just with his wife and kids. He was a businessman in town for many years, so they opted not to make it a big affair that it could be. I will not be going over for it.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #759
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

hugs Marita..

It is very hard to be away from Family when you want to be close...but heck ...we are your extended family...always remember that..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #760
NAB

Marita so sorry to hear about your brother. I remember you mentioning him when your mom was sick.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #761
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Marita - So sorry to hear about your brother I second Pumba's comment about being your extended family!

I also read about the average wedding cost being over $20,000. Glad my DD is much more frugal! But she is also keeping things pretty small. We had about 70 at the Michigan party and will have half as many at the wedding and reception. We paid/are paying for both of those. David's folks will be paying for a party in November for their extended family and Mari and David's friends that aren't invited to the wedding/reception. At this point, we're not planning to attend that. I'm guessing if everything was totaled up it would be in the $8,000 range.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #762
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Yay! Only one more day of work before the wedding/vacation!!! I am SO ready to be away for a while.

Guess I need to start my packing tonight
Old 10-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #763
NAB

Moo enjoy your mini vacation! Don't have to tell you to enjoy the wedding, who wouldn't love to be mother of the bride. High honours there.

It has been raining here all day, had a headache it seems for days. Not a strong on just a nagging one.

We have bathfitters coming in to give us an esitmate on the kids bathtub/walls. I hate cleaning those tiles. Bathfitters did our masterbath 8 years ago and it still like brand new. My sister retiled her bathroom and it looks bad already and it hasn't been that long. Hate cleaning groute.

We might have to do more to the shower first though. Nicholas complained about the shower head being too low so we told him to get in and show us. My goodness he really has to bend his knees to get under it. I laughed so hard, he didn't tell us this until now when we said we like to redo it. He would like a rain shower head too . Said the one we have the spray only hits him where ever he is bent over so he gets cold.

On another note...Halloween candy is evil. Bought some mini chocolate bars too early and now have to go get more. Not even suppose to be eatting them at all but my sugar levels have been good.

Marita- still thinking of you and your family at this time.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #764
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Thanks for being such good friends

Moo, have fun at the wedding. I'm sure you'll be posting pics.

Nab, funny about Nicholas.

The weather is finally starting to get nice here. Still in the 80's, but just a few more degrees to go before it's perfect.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #765
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Got my packing mostly done, but I can't sleep!!!! Goog thing Don will be doing the driving so I can sleep!

I'm sure I packed way too much, but I don't have to worry about my suitcase being overweight, LOL, since we're driving. I can send excess stuff home with hubby before going to Hilton Head

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: