Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #736
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

you should of seen Patrick Dempsey with the scruff on his face...he is so willing to have photos taken all on the rides and walks and anything to do with the Dempsey Challenge...some of my friends have photos taken each year...he is adorable ..no doubt about it...hahaha..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #737
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Trying to register Chad and myself for the passholder preview weekend for the FLE, but in typical Disney website fashion it's not working. I give up. Hopefully they will still be letting people in this Friday.

We are all excited and counting down the days until Thursday! We'll get up really early and leave by 5:30am. I think we are going to do Epcot on Thursday and Magic Kingdom on Friday. Then Saturday morning we'll hit DTD before we head home.

In November Chad and I are going with some friends for a weekend. Looking forward to that too.

I've been making our own yogurt lately. I am so excited that my kids like it. We flavor it with honey, vanilla, cinnamon and fruit. I make a berry sauce, that is just frozen berries a little water and like 2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup. After it's all cooked I use my stick blender to make it into a thick sauce. That is very good on the yogurt. Chad won't eat it, he is more of an artificial flavor kind of guy. But the jokes on him because I refuse to buy it anymore.
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #738
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, Nabbie! Leaving the kids home alone was a BIG step!!!

Pumba, we had the warm weather yesterday, but it was still pretty drizzly. Back to cold weather today

Cel - Congrats on your engagement! SO exciting!!!

MommyP - I always have good intentions of making my own yogurt toppings, but I never do it, so I'm just buying key lime Greek yogurt these days. I remember making yogurt with my roommate way back when I was in college ...

But I am making white chicken chili tonight for our Bosses' Day luncheon tomorrow!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #739
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Happy belated anniversary Nab!
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #740
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Thanks for the best wishes. My wedding day was warm and sunny , yesterday was anything but. Brrr windy and rainy. Looks like we are going to have a repeat today.

Hubby took us all out to dinner last night since we already had our romantic one on the weekend. That was fine with me. I didn't have to cook or clean it up.

Mommy P-- Wow wish had your ambition. I am too lazy to cook from scratch. Know it is so much better for you though. I remember my FIL was surprised when I didn't make my pancakes from scratch, nope from a box ....MIL made everything scratch and they never ever ate out.

Moo-- Wedding must be soon, keep forgetting the date.

Pumba--I have a bread maker but haven't had it out in years, maybe I will have to dig it out now....I do love fresh bread and the smell, my favourite smell ever. Love going into the grocery store when they are baking it.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #741
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

ITS WARM OUT...but guess what....its raining again...geesh one or the other...I dont know whats up with this weather...

The Patrick Dempsey challenge ...the money that came from all the donations was up over a million dollars....this is something else for our city....His mother has battled cancer 7 times and he says he owes her recovery and her well being to The Dempsey Cancer Center....that is named after his family...gotta love that..
Stephen King is another big celeb that gives back to the state and the schools all over the state...he was flown to our local hospital when he was hit by a car many years ago....we have more libraries with his donations....he is creepy though...ROFL..

Hope you all have a great day and NAB go to the local stores and get some good flour and yeast in a jar ...check the expiration dates...and voila..you have bread ...well almost...

Old 10-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #742
NAB

Pumba-- We went pass Stephen King's house once, well really has two side by side one is for his parents. He has a rod iron fense all around them with I think a bad on the gate. The locals said he has fun at Halloween, I bet.

Trying to get some housework done today....and some wash. Putting on my flannel sheets, it is darn cold in the morning and when you crawl in. Probably warm up because I am giving in to the sheets finally. Hubby wanted them a week ago.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #743
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

The wedding is 10 days away (since it's after midnight) October 27!!! I think I'm as excited about the time away from work as the wedding. I feel like a bad mom saying that, LOL!

Work today was kind of a wash between the Boss's Day soup luncheon and getting my desktop computer switched out to a laptop. Long process to copy over all my files and a few were missed. I'll have to remedy that tomorrow!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #744
NAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Moo View Post
The wedding is 10 days away (since it's after midnight) October 27!!! I think I'm as excited about the time away from work as the wedding. I feel like a bad mom saying that, LOL!

Work today was kind of a wash between the Boss's Day soup luncheon and getting my desktop computer switched out to a laptop. Long process to copy over all my files and a few were missed. I'll have to remedy that tomorrow!
Well really the reception you had there was like the wedding for you. And a mini vacation and wedding after that is a bonus.

I told hubby that is what I miss about working , a long weekend really isn't a big deal to me because I have long weekends all the time and he has so much time off with shift work weekends are just days the kids are home.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #745
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

last night ...we had an earthquake .....it was unreal....I thought that there was an explosion someplace close...it rocked the room I was in....Some places had damage but about 40 or so miles further south...It was scary....My husband was stationed in Sicily and they had quite a few being so close to Mt. Etna...
HOpe that is it for a while...I dont like that type of excitement...

I guess I should go and fix up the rooms that will have Fairpoints internet and the one phone that will be close to the main computer...then the rest just are extras..I am going to be HAPPY with a phone that does not lose service...Yesterday I didnt have the internet or the phone for three hours...I had to call Time Warner on the cell phone...and I WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.....

see ya later gators

Old 10-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #746
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Yikes, Pumba! I went on-line to read about your quake!!! When we had a small one here in Michigan a few years ago, I accused my hubby of running into the house with the lawnmower or something, LOL!

Nabbie - You're right, the party we had was kind of like a reception, but I'm ready for the real thing!

I got my hair color touched up over the weekend and picked up some new makeup since mine was so old! But I need to practice applying it since Mari will be busy getting herself ready and it has been so long since I've worn much. I am rethinking the lipstick I got and will probably exchange that for a natural colored or light pink lip gloss since I haven't opened it yet.

On a different note, I'm happy Bristol Palin finally got voted off DWTS last night
Old 10-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #747
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I haven't gone back and read the two pages I am behind, maybe I can a little later.

I finally took over the class and have full control. I love it! Love love love it!

Feels great. Just busy with lesson planning and learning the tricks of the trade.

Hope you all are well.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #748
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

So happy for you, Mony, that teaching is going well!

ONE WEEK UNTIL THE WEDDING!

I'm sure I said it before, but I'm SO looking forward to some time away from work! I didn't have the greatest week at work. My switchover to a new laptop was painful. Not the happy experience that I'd been hoping for because I had a whacked out monitor that was extremely frustrating and my new set-up was not ergonomically correct. It took a while, but I think I got all the problems resolved. Whew! And I broke my favorite tea mug today. Waaahhh! So next week has to be better!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #749
NAB

Cloudy day here so we went to the mall. Hannah was looking for a dress for our Christmas picture. I told everyone that I wanted to do a dress down one this year, thought they would be happy but Nicholas wanted to wear his suit and Hannah wanted a dress. Hubby didn't care so I got out voted. We did find a nice red dress for her. This will be the last year we can buy in the girls department because her girls are getting too big. So now I have a colour theme I have to find something for me to wear....

Mony-- sounds like your having a blast. Went to the school mass today and thought to myself I could never be a teacher. Probably be a mean one... Some of the kids were wild and the teachers had to keep telling the same ones over and over.

Moo-- Yes it has to only go up from your terrible week. What is Mari wearing ? Short , long, white , ivory maybe a colour? Can't wait to see pictures.

I hear you on the old makeup. I hardly wear any, Christmas party's , Christmas pictures , Weddings and such. Not everyday that is for sure. I don't like wearing jewelery either. That is the first thing to come off after the shoes when I get home, I wear a watch everyday, my wedding ring and my studs that is it. Necklaces drive me crazy.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #750
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I just got word that my brother is expected to pass any day now. Can't talk anymore doesnt recognize most people, they sent him home from the hospital. Very sad.
I cant concentrate on anything right now.

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: