Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #691
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post

I'm sure you are one busy bee with all the wedding preparations. My DD went to a party tonight, forgot what she called it, but basically it's to give alcohol to friends for their wedding next year because they cant afford it. Never heard of such a thing...

Nab, wow, I Iphone 5, people would kill for that. I want one, all my work friends do, but I never use my phone except for emergencies, and I dont wat to pay $80/month for a plan. Maybe if I win the lottery, LOL
Never heard that before either Marita. Where does one store that much alcohol for a year.

Our phone plans are not that expensive, it is $65. though. I do not use my phone much either , he said he was going to see how much I used over the next month and he would bring that amount down more. It is the Data that costs I guess. Still don't know my phone number....
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #692
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Just wanted to report in that the party was wonderful! It will be a few days before I have photos, but everyone seemed to have a really good time. Once we had everything set up and I had a glass of wine, I was fine Mari sent me away from the cupcake table because I was fretting too much over what to put where and she and my sister set them all up. They were a huge hit!!!!! People could not wait to eat them after dinner. We did have some leftovers, but we let people take some home if they asked. Mari and David have a half dozen to take with them. We only had them in the house overnight and they were all boxed up, so the dogs didn't bother them other than Cash sniffing the side of one of the boxes.

Mari and David are heading back to NC tomorrow morning Mari has a second interview for a different job on Monday, so they have to get back. They were joking about leaving their dog here for the next month until the wedding, but I don't think he'd like that too well!

I had my hair done this morning and got a lot of compliments on my hair and also my dress. Mari did my makeup, which I don't normally wear, and that looked nice too

The staff at the venue were great. I have a lot of wine and liquor left over, but the beer went over pretty well. We have some Michigan beer left, but everything Mari and David brought from NC was drank. I'm too afraid to total up how much the party cost, but I do think it was money well spent. Mari and David got some nice gifts and a fairly substantial amount of cash and gift cards.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #693
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Moo, so happy everything went well for you. I tell you, I dread the day my DD gets married, scares the heck out of me. I am NOT a party planner (on second thought, I dont think she'd ask me anyway, LOL)

Better get to bed now...

Really looking forward to the pictures
Old 09-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #694
NAB

Moo-- saw the picture of the cupcakes. Wow ! Sounds like you had a great time. Wasn't it fun being the mother of the Bride. To bad they have to leave so soon after though. Can't wait to see more pictures too.

Marita-- I don't know how you stay up so late...I was in bed at 9:30 last night, went to read my new book and fell to sleep instead.

We have a big picinic/bbq at the church today. I'm helping out with the dessert/coffee table. They called for rain again today but the sun is shining again. That is good for the jumping castle and all the other stuff that is going to be outside.

Hope eveyone has a great Sunday!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #695
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

HOWDY all..
Turkey on Friday night was delicious...like having Thanksgiving early...only dif was I only made two veggies and some big boy tomatoes and cukes...I usually have five or so veggies...so everyone has something they like...even my veggie son in law...
SO saturday morning I had the turkey belly ache...(if you catch my drift)...even though we have chicken twice a week ...the turkey and gravy that I made didnt settle right...oh well..
Today the sun is shining and it is in the high 60s so far...SOOOOooo we are going apple picking...a good day for it..

Sounds like the party was a huge success...I love to plan for parties...I would love to see the photo of the cupcake cake...???
Hope you all have a great Sunday..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #696
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

I am messaging the photo link to our "regulars"!

I can't believe what a huge hit the cupcakes were! I told the lady at the shop when I took the cupcake stand back. I'm sure she hears that all the time ...
Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #697
NAB

Moo-- The pictures were beautiful. Can't wait to see the main event pictures.

Pumba-definitely fall weather here too. We were close to having a frost the other day. You know it is cold when you can see your breathe when your walking to school. But it is suppose to warm back up temp. wise.

Went and watched Nicholas play football yesterday, I was so lost. I much prefer baseball watching. And all the kids are the same body types and in the same shirt , helmet etc. I couldn't tell one from the other. I know his number is 95 but when they piled on it didn't matter you just prayed he wasn't on the bottom.

Well I am on a mission to find Hannah some tights today, she wants white , which is hard to find in her size now that she is in adult sizes. Most are black or navy that I have seen.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #698
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Glad you enjoyed seeing the photos! Hope the wedding photos turn out great

It has been hard being at work this week after being off a few days. Lots of turmoil/moving going on due to a reorganization. Fortunately, I don't have to move my office yet, but I have a ton of file cleanup to do and I've been procrastinating on that. Grrr.

Nabbie - I don't really "get" football either. I only enjoyed watching when my nephew played.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #699
NAB

I got to sleep in today....kids first P.D day at school.

It sure has been fall weather lately, brrr in the morning and at night. The trees are colouring nicely. But it does mean I need to get in my flowerbeds and do some clean up soon.

Moo-- Clean up or moving around is good as long it isn't out the door. Hubby told me yesterday our government wants to put a wage freeze on his job, it is a public sector job so I hope not. He is do for a raise in April. It would affect half the jobs but not all so hopefully that doesn't come about.

Not sure what we should do today. Everyone is finally up and moving so maybe will go somewhere to get out of the house. The sun is shining can't waste the day away.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #700
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Finally! A lazy weekend day to relax and rejuvenate!!!

I went with a friend yesterday to see that new movie, Pitch Perfect. It was cute! Then we did a little shopping. Nothing too strenuous, but I'm happy to just veg today
Old 09-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #701
NAB

Well I am home washing and then washing some more.

Hannah was sick durning the night. I was so happy she made it to the bathroom until I turned the light on and found out the lid of the toliet was down and it was everywhere, including all over her. At least hubby got up to help me clean it or I would have been puking too. Must have been something she ate because she is fine today.

Moo--Glad your having a relaxing weekend.

I am looking forward to next weekend. It is our Thanksgiving and everyone will be at my mom's. I get to see the ones I miss when I visit. To hard to see everyone in one visit now they are all coming to one.

My brother told his kids not to upset him this weekend because he is not in good shape what ever that means. He had a triple by past when he was 42 , he will be 60 this Jan. So I think he needs to do it again. Usually they say the procedure is good for 10-15 years. Since he was so young they took the vein from his shoulder instead of his leg to last longer. And my oldest sister has been having trouble with her blood pressure for a few weeks it is way to high. Heart Disease runs in my family so it is scary.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #702
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I'm around I try to read on my lunch breaks, we are lucky to get a full 20-25 mins.

I hope Hanna is feeling better and the crud ends there.

Mari's pics were great and I have to say again she looked so happy.

I want to make a turkey dinner with all the fixin's now, but I do have a roast, potatoes, carrots and celery in the crock pot. I actually planned ahead for once. It's tough in the mornings having to be in a classroom Monday-Friday and getting the girls ready and myself.

Next week I get to take over the class! Excited and nervous at the same time. I get observed on Monday too.

Martia thanks for keeping my TR alive I wrote about having to deal with the police if anyone else is interested.

Have a great week!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #703
NAB

Hannah is better thanks and no one came down with it so far so maybe it was something she ate that day.

Mony-- Glad to see you are finally doing what you love. To me couldn't do it, to close to public speaking which I also hate.

It was a nice fall day here but I feel out of sorts today. Not sure what it is but just didn't do anything today. Not to be confused with I have nothing to do because there is plenty of stuff that needs done.

I did spend some time looking at old photo albums maybe that made me blue thinking of way back when. I would look at a picture and say that is mom when she was my age....how different it is now from then. Heck she had 11 grandchildren already and I am just trying to get my though school.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #704
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB View Post
I did spend some time looking at old photo albums maybe that made me blue thinking of way back when. I would look at a picture and say that is mom when she was my age....how different it is now from then. Heck she had 11 grandchildren already and I am just trying to get my though school.
My kids are 33 and almost 28 and no grandkids anywhere is sight

I am currently in a weird state of not wanting to know how year end turned out, but I have to face it tomorrow, YUCK! I played Ostrich all day.

I need to aquire a taste for vegetables so I can garden in retirement.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #705
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

there you all are...I found you..
I guess this yucky weather made me not do much the last four days...BUT TODAY the sun is shining...but they said not to get used to it...oh well...
THIS past weekend I made apple pie and it was so good...I love fall foods...even if they are not good for me...
last week I went to the doctors and my bp was not bad...not briliant as she put it ..but not bad....I have a list of labs to go to..but it is for fasting so I will wait until I feel like it..like some morning early...get to the lab at six thirty or seven...and then let them blood suck me...
I did tell the doctor if my A1C wasnt good...to let me have a three month reprieve and let me eat right AGAIN and exercise AGAIN...a diabetic has to do these types of things in order not to go on meds...I DONT WANT THEM...
October first ..yesterday was my husbands first day of official ...retirement...he got his first pension ...and then on the tenth we both get our first SS..omg we are old as dirt...

Hope you all have a great day and I did miss you guys...honest..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: