Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #676
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Hey all! I figured I would answer Marita's facebook question here - yes, wes and I live close enough to share a pet - we've been living together since the end of May. it's very fast, but it's going well. He's even asked how my first husband proposed. So of course I decided that means the wedding is imminent. Sea breeze point early december 2013 sounds good to me. Now we just need him to figure out he's ready to propose.

Cheryl - is mari getting married in MI or are you just having a reception there?
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #677
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
Hey all! I figured I would answer Marita's facebook question here - yes, wes and I live close enough to share a pet - we've been living together since the end of May. it's very fast, but it's going well. He's even asked how my first husband proposed. So of course I decided that means the wedding is imminent. Sea breeze point early december 2013 sounds good to me. Now we just need him to figure out he's ready to propose.

Cheryl - is mari getting married in MI or are you just having a reception there?
Celery!!!! Good to see you over here. An another wedding...well kind of So happy for you.

Marita-- Got a card/picture from Disney today saying Thank You . Had our name then said from all your Disney pals, we hope you created magical memories during your visit to Walt Disney World Resort in 2012. Picture was of the characters and autographs on it. Hannah was tickled pink to get the mail today. She was drawn to the big yellow envelope. Never got one of these before. Nice touch.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #678
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Cel, thanks for posting here, Wow, I had no idea you live together. Seems like there is a lot of love in the air on the old Moover thread, LOL.
DD is going strong with he BF, but they have no money or decent jobs, so no wedding in sight there.

Pumba, 35 years is nothing, I have been working at Disney for 40! (J/K).
Hope he enjoys his retirement. I still have to figure out what to do when I do.

I called in sick today. Thing is, when I call in sick, I feel sick wether I am or not. I think its guilt. I ended up working at least half the day anyway.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #679
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Cel, Mari is getting married in North Carolina 10/27 We're having a pre-wedding celebration which is going to be a cross between a shower and reception for extended family and friends. I'm happy to hear about you and Wes stepping things up!

Pumba - Congrats to your hubby on making his retirement official! And your granddaughter's upcoming engagement!!!

Nabbie - I still love getting mail from Mickey My sister and her best friend and I are looking forward to going to the Disney Hilton Head resort for a few days after the wedding. Closest I'll get to WDW for a while ... at least they have a little Disney theming and a gift shop that sells Mickey bars here.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #680
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Brrrr, very chilly here last night and today!

I'm off work for the rest of the week. Yay! We went to our party venue this morning so Mari, David, and Don could see everything and we were able to finalize all the arrangements. Now that we got that done, I'm looking forward to Saturday!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #681
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Nabbie - We're on our way to Frankenmuth today! We're not doing the huge family style chicken dinner, but we are eating in the Zehnder's cafeteria.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #682
NAB

Moo-- So jealous....sounds like you are having some fun now after all the other prep work. Enjoy your time together before the big event.

Looks like rain here today, calling for some tonight and tomorrow. Is your event this Saturday?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #683
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Yes, the party is this Saturday! Frankenmuth was fun, but my knee that I didn't have replaced was hurting from all the walking

We're picking up the cupcakes and the cupcakes tomorrow. I think it'll be fun to set that up!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #684
NAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Moo View Post
Yes, the party is this Saturday! Frankenmuth was fun, but my knee that I didn't have replaced was hurting from all the walking

We're picking up the cupcakes and the cupcakes tomorrow. I think it'll be fun to set that up!!!
The cupcakes and the cupcakes? Do you mean cakes?

Hope your knee get better by Saturday, don't do to much ....

I never win anything, well actually we won a free trip to Dunns river falls when were were in Jamaica years back but couldn't use it because we were leaving the next day.

Well today I won a coffee table on a ballet I put in at a furniture store on customer appreciation day. I really would have loved to win the bedroom set or kitchen set. When they called I didn't even know what the coffee table looked like. Well picked it up tonight and it is really huge, does not fit in any of my rooms well and I have three to choose from. The living room, family room and rec room. So now what am I going to do with it. Can try to sell it but who will by it with out the end tables to match. It is a nice and is worth $329.00 , it is chocolate brown with woven wood pieces with a beveled glass inset over them and bottom shelf with fancy legs.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #685
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Oops! I meant the cupcakes and cupcake tower!!! Which comes with a topper cake

Congrats on your win, Nabbie - hope you can figure something out!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #686
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Nab, I'm sure you could talk to the store management and trade for something else of equal or lesser value. Worth a try at least.

I am taking tomorrow off due to sheer boredom! Guess I'll do some house cleaning.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #687
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
I am taking tomorrow off due to sheer boredom! Guess I'll do some house cleaning.
How did that work out for you, Marita?

I've been trying to keep up with things in my house the past few days. So far, so good, for the most part ...

We've stockpiled a bunch of items for the party though and are having to work around those. We picked up nine dozen cupcakes this afternoon. Those take up a LOT of space!!!

Tonight, we need to work on the table decorations and pot covers for the mums. Plus the wine and beer lists.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #688
NAB

Moo -- your house must smell great with all those cupcakes. How do you keep the dogs away from them.

My hubby brought home an IPhone 5 for me today. Didn't have to stand in line or anything. We saw on the news how some people camped out for two days to get the first one. Crazy.

He had an old IPhone 4 that I told him I could just use, but he would have to get it unlocked. It is his old phone. My old one is a flip one that Nicholas broke the antena thing off two years ago. Only use it for emergencies and so the school can get a hold of me when I am out. Not sure I need all the bells and whistles. Did get a plan where I can call my mom for free after 5:00 at night for as long as I want. I used to use Hannah's for that.

It is cooling down at night now , makes it really nice for sleeping. Didn't get any rain like they called for today. Hope you have a perfect day tomorrow Moo!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #689
NAB

It was cloudy and rainy this morning but really turned out to be a nice fall day.

Thought it would be dreary day so I made stew for supper. Haven't made it in a long time. Hope I can remember how to make dumplings with it. I'm sure the kids will complain because it means eating vegetables.

Moo hope everything is working out for you party today! Can't wait to see pictures.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #690
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Moo View Post
How did that work out for you, Marita?

Not so well, LOL, you know me too well, Moo. I ended up getting all wrapped up in an analysis I have no business sticking my nose into. At least I am going to go over it with the boss next week. Maybe I can get my vacation day revoked and count it as a work day, I worked most of the day on it too. I am now in a state of "Analysis Paralysis".

I'm sure you are one busy bee with all the wedding preparations. My DD went to a party tonight, forgot what she called it, but basically it's to give alcohol to friends for their wedding next year because they cant afford it. Never heard of such a thing...

Nab, wow, I Iphone 5, people would kill for that. I want one, all my work friends do, but I never use my phone except for emergencies, and I dont wat to pay $80/month for a plan. Maybe if I win the lottery, LOL

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: