Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #661
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

I had to go looking for you all....page three is not good...
SO
I colored my hair on Monday ..never doing it before...and OMG I freaked out...it looked like my grandmothers color many years ago...made me cry....so I finally got my hairdresser on the phone and yesterday spent three hours getting a new dooooo....She tried to tone down the DARK BROWN...even though it said medium brown...and that didnt work to good ...so she gave me highlights..like a frosting type thing...thank goodness that worked.......I was so upset and promised that I would never ever ever do that again......I will pay the money and go every two or so months...cause the colors do last ...but this summer the colors sunbleached unbelievable...I was so blonde and white or sort of ...and I sort of liked it too...but my granddaugher was here and we went shopping and she picked out that color...OY OY OY..

hope you all are well and I did miss you...but was in seclusion due to my hair color...ROFL..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #662
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Funny you should mention hair colour I was thinking of doing mine but scared I would get the colour wrong. I have gray at the temples but it really blends in with my nature hair colour so everyone is telling me don't do it yet. But I am so fixuated on it thinking what some of the older ladies in the choir at the church would look like if they let there hair go gray.

I know hubby does not want me to colour but he is mostly gray so I think he just wants me to go gray too.... Used to colour my hair really blonde when younger and look back at pictures and say why the heck did I do that.

Pumba-- my mom does her medium brown and it always turns out looking red on her.

Not much happening here. Just trying to get back to some normal schedule. My house should be speck and span since the kids are going in there second week but no...I am getting caught up in all the new shows that have been on and seeing if I like any. So far not really.

At least the sun is still shining, a bit cool in the morning but I can handle that. Dark too. I looked to see if it was raining this morning when I got up. Time doesn't change until next month too, pretty late this year.

Last edited by NAB; 09-13-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Open house at Hannah's school to night , get to meet the teachers even though Nicholas has had them all....lol
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #663
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Pumba, I can relate! I have been having my hair colored by my stylist to avoid the type of problem I ended up with!!! Oh, well - at least it is finally starting to fade a little bit and is looking like super dark brown instead of black.

My cold is not quite as bad today. Please pray for me that it doesn't go into bronchitis. I drank too much tea yesterday and couldn't get to sleep until around 3 am ladt night. So I did some decluttering. If I can get everything picked up, I should be able to get all my cleaning done this weekend before Mari and David arrive Sunday night
Old 09-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #664
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I color my hair all the time. Revlon 49!

I even cut it, but had my hairdresser chop it off a few weeks ago. It is short!

Easy to do, and run out the door.

All that jogging has paid off, I am down 20 pounds! Working on the next 20 now.

Almost finished with the first 2 weeks of student teaching, the teacher is great and lets me do a lot. We have some challenging students and she has taken my suggestions and put them into action.

Hope they work.

I thought I was busy before, but wow, busy has new meaning over here, have a great weekend!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #665
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

Monica...I used Revlon 50...YIKES...is the proper word...I didnt think it would be as dark as it was...looked like big nana...that was what we called her...BIG NANA>..cause my mom was Little Nana...thank goodness I picked Gramma...and not grandma...but gramma...easy...

we had a fire out doors tonight...hubby got it going and Scott came home from his meeting with three towns of selectmen....and he sat outside with us...the stars were so super bright......it is so beautiful to see when there are no big city lights to block out the greatness of them..

hope you all have a good night

Old 09-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #666
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I use Clairol medium ash brown, it usually works fine. I just hate doiing it! And I think its getting to the point that I should go to a salon to get it done, damn gray!

Mony, congrats on your weight loss. I need to do something, but running will NOT be it. Still contemplating a stationary bike, although DD objects, but hey, it's MY house! And laying off the tacos and fettucini alfredo probably would help too, LOL
Old 09-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #667
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

CONGRATS on your weight loss and increasing fitness, Mony!!!

Marita - I really think a stationary bike would work well for you. If you get one, I'd strongly recommend a recumbent bike. I think it's pretty easy to read while using one. I just have been too lazy to ride mine lately. I have to figure out how to motivate myself to get back into a good routine. But I did walk over to the farmers market today.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #668
NAB

Mony--Great job on the weight loss!

Marita--I had a stationary bike never used it much. It was too much work. I do like my treadmill but I make a lot of excuses not to get on it. So it too sits but when I did lose a lot of weight it was what I did. Now I take a walk with Hannah some evenings after dinner but I know that probably isn't enough either.

I sit in front of the computer and TV way too much that is for sure.

Moo--your reception for Mari and David is coming up fast. You must be so excited.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #669
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

It's always nice when someone comes up to you and says they can tell you have lost weight. Best feeling!

Off to teach all my kiddies!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #670
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Yes, I'm getting pretty excited! I called in my RSVP numbers to the event coordinator today. We have almost 80 RSVPs, but there are quite a few people who did not contact me, so I'm asking her to set up chairs and tables for 100 and she said they will have enough food for 100 as well, just in case!

I'm finishing up the favors tonight. I'll have 114 of those. I need to check about ordering the cupcakes tomorrow.

I'm going to take Mari and David to the venue, hopefully on Wednesday, so they can see the facility and we can finalize everything

They're arriving Sunday night, so I have the next two days to do my housecleaning. I'm taking it easy again tonight since I still don't feel all that great. At least it doesn't feel like this cold is going to turn into bronchitis

Last edited by Minnie_Moo; 09-15-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Minnie_Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #671
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

I'm exhausted from cleaning today! Good thing I have one more day before Mari & David arrive. I got the bedroom cleaned, vacuuming done, some laundry done, and the bathroom cleaned. Kitchen and dusting tomorrow!

Phew!

It was our 33rd wedding anniversary today, but we decided to wait til the kids are here to go out to eat at a restaurant. We did have takeout pizza for dinner though, because I was too tired to cook!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #672
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Moo, you sound like me on getting ready for my annual Christmas party day, LOL.

Im sure everything will go great this weekend, and we want to see pics for sure!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #673
NAB

Happy Belated Anniversary Moo!

Yes do take lots of pictures. Hope your not to tired to enjoy it all.

The sun is shining today so good day to go out and about with the family. We were at my FIL yesterday. Wish we could convince him to join a seniors club or something to get out more.

Well best get ready for church.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Last edited by NAB; 09-16-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: If I was still with my first husband I would have been married 23 years today. I was thinking of that yesterday.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #674
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Mari & David arrived around 8:00 tonight So happy to have them here!

My house looks pretty good, if I do say so myself, LOL! But I'm pretty tired. I had imy house pretty clean before my knee replacement back in March, but haven't really done any deep cleaning since then. So glad it's done - just in case friends or family want to visit this week.

I'm working tomorrow because I have an evening meeting. Maybe Tuesday as well. That will give Don some one-on-one time with Mari & David since he didn't get to go down to NC last weekend.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #675
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning everyone...

the sun is out and the temps were COLD this morning...in the upper 30's...I have my big big bathrobe on...keeps me warm until i decide to brave the shower and get dressed..

yesterday hubby and I cleaned up the pool and got it blown out (the pipes) and winter cover on it...hated to see fall come as we have enjoyed the pool....it has been great to relax in it and after supper..have our daughter come over and Scott when he gets home from work...we had a great time..

Busy week coming up...tomorrow going to some jewelry stores with scott and my daughter ...and look at engagement rings...he is ready to get one for our granddaughter...he has looked at some pretty ones...princess cut in the middle stone...two smaller princess ones on the sides...and then channel diamonds going down the sides...he is in love...ROFL..

then Wednesday ...hubby goes to his benefits office and clocks in for six minutes...that way he is saying this is the end.....gets his retirement badge and away we go...he has been a hard worker there for 35 and a half years...he deserves retirement..

hope you all have a great day..

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: