Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #646
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Well not a nice day for back to school. We have a thunderstorm going one. Felt really bad for the walkers and bus kids standing out in the heavy rain. I just got back from driving Nicholas this morning and will do the same thing for Hannah in a few minutes.

We all went to bed about the same time but poor Hannah was up coughing until way after 2:00. I know because I was up and down with her all night. Haven't heard her cough much this morning , wish this cold would go away and hopefully not go around a second time with all of us.

Was going to go out after they went to school but it looks like a good day to stay in.....

Hope all you are having nicer weather on this Monday morning.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #647
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

We had major rain here, I left teacher training and thought I had a flat tire cause the huge puddle was up to the rim and I had to take my shoes off to get to my car and my capris are wet up the calf that is how deep that was. Good thing my kids go back tomorrow.

Heading to my follow up apt with my dr.

Moo you sound incredibly busy but having fun at the same time.

I set my alarm to work out at 530 but slept longer still worked out but paid for it with a major hot flash and less time to cool down and was still sweating driving to training with the air full blast. Lessons learned!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #648
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

I am in long pants for the first time in AGES...it is chilly and wet..yup the rain from spain...no from Canada is upon us....My daddy always said it came from Canada...whenever we had bad weather...and to think pepere came from Canada...I laugh now...

well today did more things for hubbies retirement...had to get things notarized and then to the store to get some food for tomorrows company...hubby ordered lasagna ...geesh...not an easy meal but that...so lasagana it will be with garlic bread and salad and chocolate cream pie...I plan on making that right now so it will be done ahead of time and get to set...

my feet got wet when we were at Walmart....needed more things...hahaha...and then grocery store for the lasagna makings and more salad stuff...

hope you all have a great day

NAB ITS TUESDAY....remember...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #649
NAB

Tuesday , got it.....feels like Monday though Friday will be here before I know it then.

Still pouring out there and we were suppose to play a fun baseball game tonight Nicholas team against the parents and pizza after that. I'm sure the field is flooded after all this rain.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #650
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Quite a bit of rain and mugginess here today as well.

We got Mari's wedding invitation in the mail today. She and David designed them and did a very nice job. They even did a custom stamp on zazzle.com. Very cute.

Thank goodness it's a short work week for me. Can't wait to go to NC this weekend!!! I think I have all of their shower gifts purchased, as well as a a card and gift bag. One of the lingerie items I ordered for Mari looked awfully small to me, so I picked up another ensemble at the mall yesterday. It wasn't on her list, but hopefully she'll like it. If not, I'm taking the receipt so we can exchange it. Hope I can fit everything into my carry-on. I may need to take a tote bag as my purse if everything doesn't fit, LOL
Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #651
NAB

Well the sun is finally shining. Yesterday was something else with all that heavy rain. Flooded some streets.

Both kids were excited about the new year at school. Both so far like the teachers. Heck Hannah has her first field trip tomorrow already. It is going to cost me $45 dollars too. Nothing like some warning, there goes some of my grocery money. She is lucky I had some and didn't have to run to the bank yesterday.

Moo-- How exciting to be going away for the weekend and seeing Mari. Some people don't like shower etc. But I love going just to see relatives and socialize. The games I coud do with out.

Mony -- How was getting them off to school this morning. I wish I had your ambition to get up and exercise. I told myself I was going to get on my treadmill once the kids got back to school. Well here we are on day two and haven't even looked at it yet.

Well think I will go out today and enjoy the sun....
Old 09-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #652
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Moo, how exciting about all the wedding festivities!

Pumba, I signed up for a retirement Webinar from work for this Friday, called "Switching from saving to Spending". Never know these days when I might call it a day with working.

In other non-news, we had a cast party at All-Star today and one at Port tomorrow, which envolve mediocre catered food and handing out gifts (totes) today and bussing tables tomorrow, and then I have hopefully lunch with Khaki and her partner on Friday, havn't seen her in ages. Then hopefully I get my dreaded nails appointment on Saturday, blech
Old 09-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #653
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

Marita..is it like a retirement package/??

Today it is NOT raining...well yet....yesterday morning started off pouring and I mean POURING...Megara finally uncrossed her legs and tail and said...the heck with the rain...I have to poop...so she went out..had to dry her off with a big towel....(told hubby..NOT MY NEW ONES, or the white HTH (tower of terror ones) so he used the DOG towels...the ones with holes that the dog took in her mouth and made a hole...geesh..
The lasagna dinner was great...the man worked with my husband many years ago and they have kept tract of each other...He keeps trying to get hubby to buy a place in Palm Bay...where they live ..he calls up every once in a while to tell us about another place for sale....geesh...I made the pie the night before and put the salad together and covered and put in fridge yesterday morning ...made the home made sauce in the morning and let it simmer...then put the lasagna layers together around three...that way when they arrived I could visit...we had a great time and they are very nice people...(I had never met him) ...

hope you all have a great day ...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #654
NAB

Moo-- Are you leaving for NC today? Hope you have a safe trip! Enjoy all this exciting time with Mari. Your Mother of the Bride!

Well they called for rain two nights in a row but didn't get any. I am ok with that. We got enough on Tuesday.

These early mornings are catching up with me , I had a nap this afternoon. The kids are feeling it too. Be nice to sleep in tomorrow.

Not doing much the weekend either, hubby is working night shift so I am sure there are p.j days in our future. Well the kids anyway. Could never stay in mine, only in the morning when I am running around getting them ready for the day or I am checking on here when I get up.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #655
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Pumba,no, not a retirement package. A guy from Fidelity was talking how to allocate your retirement funds to male them last, essentially.
So here is what I got out of it: 1) Try to live off guaranteed funds (like pensions and Soc. Security) for essential expenses, only dip into IRA's for extras or if you have to. 2) talk to a Financial Planner. and 3) dont draw out money from IRA's too fast

I am glad it's Friday!!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #656
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Yes, Nabbie, I flew down to NC today. Having a great time so far! Shower is tomorrow : )
Old 09-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #657
NAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Moo View Post
Yes, Nabbie, I flew down to NC today. Having a great time so far! Shower is tomorrow : )
Moo saw your picture over on FB. Mari cut her hair short! She really looks like Don. That sushi looked good but I must say I have never eaten it before. The kids and hubby have and liked it but I never was willing to try it.

It has been raining all morning here. Good day to stay in. Did sleep in until 10:30 , woke up my usually time and said no way....
Old 09-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #658
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Fun times, yep, I keep telling myself this is all fun and games.

Incredible week. My kids did great, they are awesome and I love them so much. Maddy is the cutest she can't sleep and wakes early because she loves going to school. She loves being in Kindergarten and she so needs this whole day of going to school, so do I!

What a culture shock I am experiencing at the school I was placed. I have so much to be thankful for in my life and this is a good reminder for me.

I love what I do and special needs is EVERYWHERE. This school is dedicated speical needs. There are two classrooms that are general education but with some special needs kids blended in. That is called mainstreaming.

The kids in our building are mostly from very needy families and to see what I have seen these last few days has basically broken my heart a few times.

It is what it is, and I will give my students the best I can.

On a happier note, the exercising is paying off and I am down 13 pounds.

Have a great weekend, good luck on shower day Moo!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #659
NAB

Well it sure cool in the mornings now. Very damp last night at the ballgame too. The parents beat the kids but not really. The kids were easy on them. Plus we though them a curve ball and told them they had to use a soft ball which is bigger so the kids couldn't hold on to it well. So that ends are baseball season now on to football.

Moo-- I saw you have a cold from flying. Hope you feel better soon. Loved seeing the pictures on FB. I too loved Mari's dress.

Mony-- It's sad to see so many special needs in school. I don't remember having any in my school in elementary, had a few in high school though. Hannah has quite a few at her school , I see them when I go for church. Alot of sensory toys to hold on too and wedges to sit on.

Nothing on my agenda today, maybe I will go window shopping. Christmas is around the corner you know....
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #660
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Yeah, I came down with a cold last night. My throat was a little scratchy during work yesterday, but I had been hoping it was just from the air being dry on the plane. No such luck ...

Guess I know now why I felt so chilled on the flight home

I'm going to do a bit of work from home so I don't have to use so much sick leave.

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: