Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #631
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I got married October, 27 1995. Love that time of year.

Maria you got married 4 months before I was born! So it wasn't that long ago!
You mean you are not 5 million years old? Feels like it!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #632
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Wow Oct. is popular....mine is Oct 15, 1994 one year before Mony.

Marita-- Where were you married did you have a big wedding? Heck I had two only because hubby # 2 was never married before and his parents really wanted a wedding. Good thing because his brother never plans on getting married and having kids.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #633
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

I got married in mid-September and that was a nice time of year for a wedding/honeymoon! We were able to go camping in our conversion van that we had at the time and the state park campgrounds were pretty deserted but the weather was still lovely (back when I didn't have issues with campfire smoke).

Marita - The backyard wedding is going to be pretty small, but the pre-wedding party here in Michigan will be a bit bigger and more expensive, however, I'm hoping to see some family members that we haven't seen since my Grandma's funeral, under happier circumstances!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #634
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

morning..
Our daughter got married October 17th..then they honeymooned in Disney..stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter..that is where our son and daughter in law honeymooned....
We got married May 27th..1967...so I am older then dirt..hahaha...our son was born on the 27th..our god daughter was born a year later on the 27th...and our daughter was born on another 27th...yah it is a good date..
today it is rainy sort of...hope you all are safe ..no matter where you are...I dont recall what states you are in...but Issac is naughty...Like Irene was last year....

Guess I should take off my housecoat ...no one here but the hub and the dog and it is muggy in here...didnt put the ac on ..but thinking about it now..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #635
NAB

Pumba -- we had that weather yesterday but I hear IIsac is going to play havc with our long weekend.

Nicholas had football camp this morning at 8:30 so I had to get out of bed early.

So got some grocery shopping done. Haven't gone very much this summer with being away and my pantry and freezer stocked pretty good. Had to get some school snacks etc. Good day to shop no one was out , only down fall is the sales that start Thursday taunt you on the end ailses with no prices on them so you know it is going on sale but think now I have to come back.

Hannah comes home today, it feels like she has been gone forever and it has only been 5 days.

On another note, I would like to know who ate a bag of chips on my porch last night after I went to bed. I know it wasn't on my bistro table when I checked the front door last night but a crumpled bag was sitting there this morning. If the bag wasn't so big and half full still I might think it was a squrriel or chipmunk because nothing else was wrong on the porch.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #636
NAB

Marita-- has it stopped raining there, is IIsac passed you now?

We are having beautiful weather here so far. The sun is out the windows can be opened. Spent the day in my front garden yesterday. It was really needed some care after being away for the summer.

The kids were restless and bored yesterday so I think I will take them out today. Still have to get Hannah indoor shoes. Not sure why grade 7 students still need them, not as if they are off running in the mud and getting the floors dirty. We only had indoor shoes in the winter after taking off boots. Now they need them year round.

These last few days having to get Nicholas up early for camp is killing me, I need to get myself to bed early and get back on schedule too. But I just keep saying I only have 4 more days to sleep in , well actually 3 have to get up on Sunday for church.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #637
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I got some good news yesterday, the thing they saw in my mammo appeared only once and was consider a shadow from deep tissue.

Thank you for your prayers!

I hope you all get to enjoy your holiday weekend and the last stretch of summer before school starts.

I am excited to be in this phase of my journey.

I gradute in December and couldn't be happier! I know the stress is coming but I am fully ready for it. My placements are in place and I get to work with some amazing teachers.

Oh, I took up walking/running again and have been faithful to it for 3 weeks. I walk 3-4 miles a day and walk 4-5 nights a week. And since my last Dr. apt July 24th, I have lost 11 pounds.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #638
NAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I got some good news yesterday, the thing they saw in my mammo appeared only once and was consider a shadow from deep tissue.

Thank you for your prayers!

I hope you all get to enjoy your holiday weekend and the last stretch of summer before school starts.

I am excited to be in this phase of my journey.

I gradute in December and couldn't be happier! I know the stress is coming but I am fully ready for it. My placements are in place and I get to work with some amazing teachers.

Oh, I took up walking/running again and have been faithful to it for 3 weeks. I walk 3-4 miles a day and walk 4-5 nights a week. And since my last Dr. apt July 24th, I have lost 11 pounds.
Way to Mony!

Glad everything is ok with your last mammo too!

I need to get my butt into gear too. I don't excerise enough, well to tell the truth not at all other the housework and running errands. I did lose some weight since I found out about the diabetes thing and hope I can keep that off. I tell myself I will start walking and getting into a routine once the kids are back to school.

Last edited by NAB; 08-30-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: All school supplies are in place now...we can do what ever we want this weekend...woohoo
Old 09-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #639
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

My mom is diabetic and being heavy most of my life I don't want to end up there if I can help it. So I''m trying to eat clean I call it and eliminate added sugars and fats and using veggies fresh from my garden. I have been stewing tomatoes daily with peppers and onions and garlic and freezing it for bases no salt all naturally sweet from cherry tomatoes.

I wish I had more time like MommyP and make things from scratch like she is. She is really making a difference in the way her family eats and taking control of what she feeds her family and I admire that.

I chopped my hair off yesterday. It is short and I live it!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #640
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

morning...oh wait...hello its afternoon...hahaha..

We had some wicked thunder boomers yesterday from four till eightish and my doggie didnt do well...she was still panting and having a hard time when we went to bed...all that panting made her bowels move...and I MEAN MOVE...hubby washed the carpet in our bedroom at one thirty am...he slept downstairs and I slept upstairs...he stayed with Megara in the computer room..and she didnt have any "MOVES" for the rest of the night...I made her some chicken burger and rice and she had some around noonish...so hopefully we are in for a better night tonight..
oops hubby is sleeping at his computer...I will let him doze...

I guess I will finish up the housework and laundry and then take a shower..
see you all later and
I AM SO THANKFUL for your repeat Mammo...and that it was FINE...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #641
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Sorry I haven't been on lately -- busy week!

I had my hair cut and colored last weekend and it came out rather dark, as in BLACK rather than dark brown. Grrr. It is a semi-permanent color, so I'm really hoping it will fade before the wedding festivities, otherwise, I'm going to talk with my hair stylist in a couple weeks to see if there's any way to lighten it a bit or put in some highlights. I felt pretty Goth this week. Everyone said it looked OK, but I wasn't happy to have this happen before the wedding.

David's parents decided that they aren't going to come to Michigan for the pre-wedding celebration, but Mari wanted me to fly down to NC next weekend for her bridal shower in lieu of us giving her a birthday gift, so I'm going to do that!!! So I'll get to visit with David's mom when I go down for the shower I ordered Mari some honeymoon lingerie from two different places and the delivery from the second company finally came today. We'll have some time to get something different in case it doesn't fit (looks a bit small/skimpy to me)

Mony - Glad to hear things turned out all right!!! And good for you on the clean eating and weight loss. I have slacked off on exercising since I started having knee problems and still haven't got back on my program. I need to get this weight off again

Nabbie - I'm sure that getting back into your regular routine with the kiddos back in school will help!

Pumba - Sorry to hear that Megara had such a tough time with the storm, but it sounds like you're adjusting well to your hubby's retirement.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #642
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Mony, glad you cancer scare was nothing. I have to back in October for the same thing, Im hoping it will be nothing too.

Moo, I hope you hair affair turns out ok. who maddening. I have the opposite problem, I colored my own and it didnt color the gray all that well.
I dont think I would ever dare to buy lingerie for my daughter, LOL. Good for you that you can do that.

I got my invitation to the Service celebration for my 40 years today. Me along with hubby and about 4000 other people 10+ years will be entertained at DHS in November.
They did this last year, and apparently there were lots of issues
1) It was in December and it was freezing
2) They suggested festive attire (at a theme park) and that didnt work out well
3) there was traffic suggestion out the gazoo
4) something else I , f forgot (I think it was that they had attractions open)

So this year, they suggested dressy casual attire and comfortable shoes, changed the date to November (which should not be freezing yet), restricted where to enter to hopefully ease the traffic congestion.

In years past, they had sit down dinners in a hotel for 20+ Cm's with steak and lobster dinners and big name entertainment (like Barbara Walters for one). Then they cut that out and just had Disney Entertainers. And now its just heard everyone. 20+ get a 1 hour reception before the lolw lifes (10-15 yrs) join. Maybe I can finally ride TSMM for the first time.
Oh well, i hope it wil still be fun, at least I dont have to buy new clothes. Since hubby and I have anniversaries the same year (me 40, he 35) we each get to bring a guest so we are taking DD and her BF. We also can book a hotel room cheap, like POP for 46, AKL for $135 and AoA for $84. Not sure if we will do that though. I would go for AoA if we do.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #643
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Marita - I had Mari send me links to several things she liked and I picked one plus some stockings Then I saw a cute shorty robe she had pinned on her Pinterest page, so I ordered that as well as a surprise.

Sounds like Disney wised up a bit about the anniversary celebration this year! Hope you have fun and are able to stay at AoA. That will be nice that you can take your daughter and her boyfriend
Old 09-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #644
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Moo, why didnt I think about links, LO. She sends me links for Christmas or Birthdays Not that a wedding is in her near future. I noticed they now have a PIN link on the Dis, i havent looked at that yet.

I think we decided against a hotel room. we will just drive home afterwards (as long as I dont have to drive)
Old 09-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #645
NAB

Busy long weekend.

Went to see my mom since the kids are going back to school, who knows when we will make it there again for a while.

Backpacks sitting by the door, uniform all washed up and ready to wear again. Nicholas had them so wrinkled up in the closet I just though them back in the wash with the other stuff.

Hannah is pretty excited. She has been to the school 4 times since we have been back to check the class list and see who is in her class. We told her to take a picture with her phone so she could remember instead of going back and forth. Guess that wasn't as fun because she didn't take our advice.

Nicholas he could careless about going back, he is not a school person at all. He is more excited about football started up again.

Suppose to rain tomorrow too....and be humid not a nice day to go back. It was beautiful all weekend though.

Bed early tonight, so I can get everyone up and moving out. Hubby goes to work tomorrow too so three lunches to be made...yuck hate that part.

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: