Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #616
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Moo-- No they still dump you out at the adult area. They did add a few more little pools for the adult area on the top deck though. One is satilite falls at the front of the ship, with lots of cushioned chairs we spend a lot of time there.

Where is Mari going on her honeymoon? What colours did she pick for her wedding theme? You know we want to know everything. Stressful and exciting at the same time I'm sure.

Woke up with a cold, first Hannah then hubby now me. My head is so stuffy I just want to go back to bed but it is worse when I lay down. I feel the sore throat coming too. The price you pay for flying with alot of other people.

Marita-- I forgot to congradulate you on your son's promotion. You must be so proud. He has come a long way in his journey glad we could share it with you. What did you do in Montana? Was it hot?
NAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #617
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

hello...its me the missing Moo'ver..
The balloon festival was amazing ...we had a great time and a full house..just the way I love it..

Hubby upped and decided to retire last Thursday..he came home from work and said this is it..
yesterday he went to the benefit office at work and signed the papers...so I decided to apply for SS too...so now I know I am old as dirt...he is just older ...MUCH older.hahaha...actually he is goign to be 66 in September...

I am sorry about the breast scare...it would scare me to pieces too...I will keep you in my prayers...

Thanks for all that are keeping my SIL in theirs too...she came back from Boston Hospital and they want her to do chemo and see what happens...goes back after her treatments and they will do another full scan ...and see if this aggressive SON OF A B ....is spreading...she started her first chemo last week and she had another one yesterday...she is also having a shot to keep her blood cells up...

School in our area starts next Wed...and my daughter has to go back to work...she had the last two and a half weeks off...because the school she teaches at goes five weeks in the summer...she has been just the math teacher but this year they upped her to math, science and social studies...but only two different groups...

Hope you all have a great day and I will not miss another week of visiting you guys..
HUGS TO THOSE WHO NEED IT...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #618
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Welcome back, Pumba! I figured you were taking a little break because our daytime posters were away Thanks for the update on your SIL -- sending more prayers

Nabbie - Mari and David are going to Ashville for three nights for their honeymoon. David has never been to the Biltmore Estate even though he's lived in NC his whole life, so they plan to go there. They both enjoy being in the mountains! There are a lot of things to do in the area. They have a ton of local arts & crafts places and there is a winery at the Biltmore.

Their wedding colors are turquoise/aqua, orange, and burgundy. They look nice together. I just bought plates and napkins in those colors for the appetizer and dessert tables. I still haven't heard back about the catering costs. I'm getting a little nervous about that. I think we're mostly decorating the tables with mini orange pumpkins and possibly some ghost (white) pumpkins. Mari wants to twine some bittersweet around the white pumpkins, but I'm not sure it will be available for the September party. She's also planning to set mums around in the tent at the wedding reception, but I'm not sure whether we're doing that for the Michigan party. I also bought four dozen Mason jars to use for drink glasses. I think we'll probably use those for soft drinks and iced tea. I figure most people will drink their beer out of the bottles.

I'm still debating about whether to take the mishmash of wine glasses that I have or buy a few dozen inexpensive matching ones, possibly some stemless glasses. I don't really want to use plastic cups or Mason jars for the wine!!! If I were to buy some matching glasses, I think my friends and I could share them for future events.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #619
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

We stayed over in Asheville on the way home and thought it was beautiful being in those mountains and seeing the clouds so close was very cool.

Pumba thanks I try to keep everyone in my prayers!

We have our weekend parish festival going on, day one is in the books! Double header baseball game tomorrow and back to the festival!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #620
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Pumba, congrats on your hubby's retirement. I might do that soon too, they are cutting back in Finance again, so maybe I can swing a sweet buyout package of just say the heck with it all withing the next year, we shall see. Hubby is 65 already, so he is technically good to go, I'm only 60, so no early SS yet but we should be OK. I'll just see how it goes. I am mighty tired of driving so long every day, but then I dont know what I would do with my days.

Moo, so much to do with weddings, but I am sure you will have a lot of fun. What are you planning on wearing, or havent you gotten that far yet?

Hurricane Isaac looks like he is heading our way. Looks like all we will get is probably a lot of rain. 4-8" forecasted for Monday, and probably worse for Tuesday. I DO NOT want to drive in tht weather, but it is forecast week once again and I have to train a new person. So we shall see how that works out.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #621
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Pumba - Ditto on the hubby's retirement Congrats!!! Forgot to say that earlier ...

Marita - I have a navy dress that I think I'm going to wear to the Michigan party and a dark purple dress that I think I'm going to wear to the wedding. I got both of them earlier this summer when there was a good selection of short-sleeved social occasion dresses available. I wanted to get a dress in teal or burgundy to go with the wedding colors, but I couldn't find anything in either of those colors I'm still looking though!

My hubby is wearing dark wash jeans with a black and brown vest, burgundy shirt, brown bow tie, and brown driving cap. His outfit is a bit more casual than my dresses, which are both crepe/ruffled, but its consistent with what David is wearing.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #622
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

morning...

When we have our parties...we went to the Dollar store and also Christmas Tree Shoppe...they have wine glasses and champagne flutes...CHEAP...and plenty of other stuff to do the decorations with...just a little note...

Our granddaughter just showed me her letter from another pharmacy program and she got another 1500 dollar scholarship for an essay...In grad school you dont receive as much financial aid...actually pretty much none...but she has had three "gifts" so far...one from Walgreens, and one from the college and now this one..she loves it..
This is her last 7 months of classes and then she does a year of rotations..internships...it sure has gone by fast...

what another beautiful day here in Maine....it started out foggy but the heat is arising...hahaha...we have had swimming weather this week and most of next week coming up..
Marita...I saw the forecast ..stay safe and be good...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #623
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Yes, Pumba, I was thinking I'd check the Dollar Stores to see what they might have! But I'll probably wait to do that after I get the catering estimate ...

Congrats to your GD on her scholarships!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #624
NAB

The hot weather is back. My poor lawn and flower beds look so bad since we were away most of the summer. Lots of weeds , didn't stop them from growing.

Pumba-- Hope your hubby enjoys his retirement. I'm sure you can find something for him to do around the house. I look around ours and we could use some paint here and there and the backyard well we just close the back curtains and only go out there to bbq.

I have a wicked cough and sore throat now and don't really want to do anything. Would like to go to bed but know I will just cough instead....
Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #625
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Nabbie - Sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather

It has turned pretty hot here as well, but at least we had enough rain the last couple weeks that our lawns have recovered a bit I wonder why it is that the weeds can flourish so well when the grass dries up

Looks like we may be in for some rain tonight.

I went for a cut and color this afternoon and my hair turned out super dark again (almost black). It's a semi-permanent color, so I sure hope it fades before the party. I have almost a month for it to lighten. If I have to have it colored again before the wedding, I'm going to have to make sure she uses a lighter brown!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #626
NAB

I stayed in today , didn't even go to church.

The cough is terrible. I will have to go to bed after hubby tonight so he can be asleep before me. He goes back to work tomorrow. Ah reality check....

Moo-- So where is the happy getting married? Your area or theirs. I know you said they were having a reception too. Which is first? I got married in Sept. the first time around Sept 16th. Wanted a cooler month, went to WDW for a honeymoon too. Who know that I would be back there so many times years later.

Marita-- saw the pic of the rattle snake, scary. Could pay me to get close enough for a picture. No way.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #627
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

They are getting married in North Carolina in a small backyard ceremony at his parents' home on October 27, but the Michigan pre-wedding celebration is September 22
Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #628
NAB

Got to love Oct. weddings. I picked Oct because I wanted the changed leaves in my pictures. Now I understand the pumpkin decorations. Pretty close to Halloween.

Well it looks like is going to rain today.Good day to get off my butt and get something done. I really haven't done anything major since we got back, not even grocery shop. This cold throw me but I a determined to do something today. Hubby is back to work today too. An overtime shift again. He got called in a day early.

Now to get Nicholas out of bed back on school time...wish me luck.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #629
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Nab, the snake picture was taken from the car, no way we would get out for it.

Moo, I am NOT looking forward to DD's wedding (someday). I hope she picks a back yard kind too, but I doubt it, there is no fitting back yard that I know of and she has been going to a lot of weddings of her friends, so I think she want the full deal, yikes.

BTW, I got married in October too, 10/17/1970, about five million years ago...
Old 08-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #630
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I got married October, 27 1995. Love that time of year.

Maria you got married 4 months before I was born! So it wasn't that long ago!

Last edited by monymony3471; 08-27-2012 at 09:25 PM.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: