Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #601
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Got in last night, slept, OK.

We had a great vacation but couldn't escape the stress.

I lost my CI student teaching placement because the teacher has to take a medical leave to have an operation. I've been trying to find a teacher friend willing to take me on so I don't get a crappy placement that is last minute. So far it is not working out on my end.

My Dr. called while on vacay and my mammo results found a 4mm mass in my right breast. I don't want to talk about it in the TR but I thought my friends here could please keep me in their prayers. I go for a re-mammo and ultra sound on 8/20 to see what it really is. The good thing is, it is very small.

Pumba been praying!

Hope Nab is having fun cause it sure was HOT in FL, esp in the beginning. The last night there it was in the upper 70's which was so nice!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #602
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Sending prayers your way, Mony!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #603
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Hi all,

Sorry I havent posted much recently.

First, to set the record straight, there is no official engagement of my DD, just some talk of maybe someday.

We had a good trip. THe promotion ceremony was fun, DS was so happy and the COlonel that swore him in gave a really nice speech about how well he is doing. THen headed down to Yellowstone and into Montana and saw miles and miles of fields and Mountain and nothing, but a few elk and a few herds of buffalo. I posted a couple of pics on FB.

Mony, sorry about your stress, hope it all works out I'm kind of anxious to find out about Nebo, it sounds pretty serious.

Moo, are you having fun with the wedding plans or is it stressful? Or both, probably.

Is Nab still on her cruise?
Old 08-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #604
monymony3471

Marita it was scary to hear what happened to Nebo and knowing we did meet up several days later is promising but finding out his Drs want him to have tests he turned down concerns me.

Well I was smooshed some more and squeezed and twisted and was shown the X-ray and the little spot that was only seen from one angle.

I had an Ultra Sound scheduled but was told it wasn't needed and have a follow up with my Internist on Friday.

That is all I know.

Was able to meet my gen ed placement teacher I will be student teaching for in December and help with room set up and that kept my mind busy.

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts means the world to me.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #605
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Mony - That stuff is always scary

What's the deal with Nebo? I tried to look around a bit in his TR, but wasn't able to figure out what's going on!

Marita - You're right, I'm both stressed and having fun!!! Waiting to hear the catering estimate. Hope it's not I drove up north into the Leelanau Peninsula yesterday and bought a couple cases of Michigan wine for the wedding festivities. My sister went with me and we did a bit of wine tasting and had a fun road trip
Old 08-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #606
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Moo View Post
Mony - That stuff is always scary

I drove up north into the Leelanau Peninsula yesterday and bought a couple cases of Michigan wine for the wedding festivities. My sister went with me and we did a bit of wine tasting and had a fun road trip
Thanks, I feel better somewhat inside after having the re-check done, just trying to stay positive.

Sounds like a fun road trip.

Marita, I'd love to see elk and buffalo, not a common thing to see.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #607
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Mony, dont know how I missed it, but I did about your mammo. Dang! Hope all is ok.
I went for my first one ever in April and they found something and I have to go back in October, but they said it was to see if it was normal for me, since it was my first one ever (at age 59, I know! ), so I am not stressing over it now, wouldnt help anyway.

Moo, nobody besides Mony knows what happened to Nebo yet, until he tells us about it. All we know is that it was apparently something really bad.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #608
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

OK, thanks, Marita -- I was wondering what the heck was going on!!!

On a separate note, I'm glad to hear that you're having some follow-up on your mammogram and that Mony is as well. I lost my mom to breast cancer, so I truly know the value of keeping up with all that stuff! I started having mammograms at 30 and so did my sisters.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #609
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

I'm back again!!!

Mony-- so sorry to hear about all your stress. Will keep you in my prayers.

You were right it was really hot in Florida. We had good weather up until we got to WDW on the last two days. Rained Saturday morning, then again on Sunday off and on all day. We had our rain ponchos on but it was so humid it was nice to get wet too. It looked like I stepped out of a shower most of the day. Good thing I did not know anyone there...

Marita-- when did you get back? We stayed at Riverside two nights after our cruise. A nice man Ray helped us get some money back because Hubby and Nicholas didn't need the hopper part of there ticket since they were only going to Magic Kingdom from 5:00-12:00am on Sunday. They went to Universal for the day and Hannah and I hopped all over the place that day.

Our Magical Express was not so magical. I was freaking out that we would miss our plane. They left a tag on our door giving us a confirmation number and time. The time was 11:00 am. Well they didn't give us a paper so we had to get one made up at the outside desk. Ok. Then people were late , we were about 10 -15 mintues late for pick ups. Got to the airport at 12:30. Our flight was 1:15. We had to hustle though everything , didn't have breakfast or lunch because we sleep in. I hate being late for anything and have to rush....

But we did make it home after shopping yesterday before we crossed the border to go home. Another late night. Heck Hannah is still in bed and it is after 1:00 in the afternoon.

Last edited by NAB; 08-21-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Have to go get the wash going and things put away, the weather is beautiful here sunny and just warm not humid.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #610
monymony3471

Welcome Back Nab! I am so enjoying the cooler temps here at home.

Off to cheerleading practice with Mal and walking the track!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #611
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Glad to have you back, Nabbie! That sounds like a pretty harrowing trip to the airport

How did you like the new ship compared to the Dream?
Old 08-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #612
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Welcome back Nab!

I got back on the 14th. Sure has been hot here, but October is not too far away
Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #613
NAB

Well the weather here is beautiful. Nice warm breeze dryed my clothes yesterday nicely.

Moo-- The Fantasy and Dream are laid out the same way with the exception of the BBB on the fifth deck. Not sure what is there on the Dream anymore. Loved the themes of the Adult side better I think. Went to see Match Your Mate this time so funny, these couples were holding nothing back.

The kids clubs were opened an hour later if you can believe that. Nicholas was until 2 and Hannah's until 1. Crazy. Nicholas broke crefew only once and had to stay with us the next night so he never did that again. We told him he was not staying out all night this time.

Animator's restaurant added a cool thing, you draw a person on this placemat. Staying inside the blue lines, then they take them and they put them up on the scenes dancing and doing things with Disney characters. Mine was the first on up and showed up three time for some reason where we only saw the others once. I told my family see I am special.

Castaway Cay was our hottest day....well in the 90's maybe even over 100 with the humidex. The water was really warm. Stayed under the umbrella most of the time with lots of sunscreen and still got burnted. But we still loved it.

We rebooked another cruise for next summer but it can be moved around, it will float there with the other one we have floating...That one is for the Med. We have to look into pricing of flights to Barcalona etc. That might be more than the cruise itself. So we will have to wait and see for sure.

Last edited by NAB; 08-22-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #614
NAB

Nicholas's baseball team won the championship game last night. They were the underdogs all season and were happy to make it up to "A" divion and being in 4th place. Last night we won playing the number one team all season. They were really bad sports at the end. Our players had such a great game , being very postive even if something went wrong.

Hannah went to camp this morning but she said she was sick and didn't want to go. Even throw up. I think nerves got her because she was fine until she was waiting for the bus to go. It was late so she had time to worry. The youth councelor really wanted her to go and since she didn't have a fever we told her to go. They called tonight and said she was fine by lunch , all the kids were supporting her. She was afraid she would throw up on bus and the one girl told her that was ok , she had extra clothes to change if she got it on her. I know she will have a good time. This is really the first time away for that long and really doesn't know what to expect when she gets there.

I finally got my hallway and kitchen cleaned up today. We got Buddy yesterday so he is running away from us still. He has been gone a month.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #615
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Nabbie - I thought the adult area on the Dream could have stood some minor improvements! Did they change it so the elevator doesn't dump out there causing families to have to walk through the area?

I had been thinking maybe I'll use some DVC points to cruise in the future, but I used this year's points to book honeymoon accommodations for Mari and David and next year's points to go to Hilton Head with my sister and some friends for a few days

Hope Hannah has a good time at camp!

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: