Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #586
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Welcome back, Nabbie!

Marita - Hope you have a relaxing and fun vacation!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #587
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
I have sort of news. Not really, it's been in the air, but confirmed today. DD and BF plan to get married! Slight problem there, both live at home.
They both have college degrees but no good jobs, sign of the times.....
Meanwhile, they did get a family addition in the form of a kitten though (which I will most likely get stuck with)

I do like future SIL, he is really handy to have around, I regularly ask him to help me with electronic stuff. Plus he will House sit for us while we are gone. Just wish the economy were better.

One more sleep and I will be off to Montana to spend the week reading in hotel rooms
Marita-- yay on the new engagement of your DD and go on vacation to see your son. How exciting. I read back that you got new furniture. 60 inch tv nice. Don't tell my hubby, we would have to stop traveling to get one.

I was scared to get on the scale when I got home. I was doing really well before I left and lost some weight so thought it would be all back this morning but I lost a pound. My sugar had been good to , must be the pills they have be taking for it.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #588
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

morning..
Hubby has gone to the dump to get rid of some wood that he cut up ...he fixed the upper deck and then the deck down below..he did an awesome job and it took him a few weeks after work and then weekends...awesome job...

I have pretty much everything planned...just have to shower and go and get the mini pastries and then rearrange the upstairs fridge to put some of the stuff in and not have to run up and down the stairs..

You werent that far away from me NAB...wish you could stop in sometimes on your jaunts to the USA...

marita...excited for your DD...what did they major in ...maybe they could move NORTH...and freeze in the winters...

Glad that Zach is feeling better...hope this all heals up and he is up and at 'em for your trip...

see you sometime

Last edited by pumba; 08-08-2012 at 08:15 AM.
pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #589
NAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
morning..
Hubby has gone to the dump to get rid of some wood that he cut up ...he fixed the upper deck and then the deck down below..he did an awesome job and it took him a few weeks after work and then weekends...awesome job...

I have pretty much everything planned...just have to shower and go and get the mini pastries and then rearrange the upstairs fridge to put some of the stuff in and not have to run up and down the stairs..

You werent that far away from me NAB...wish you could stop in sometimes on your jaunts to the USA...

Nab...excited for your DD...what did they major in ...maybe they could move NORTH...and freeze in the winters...

Glad that Zach is feeling better...hope this all heals up and he is up and at 'em for your trip...

see you sometime
Pumba I think you mean Martia's dd. Mine is too young to get married yet.

I thought we might be close to you on your jounery . I always wonder when we are around areas I know you all live in.

It's going to be so hot today, have to wait on my wash until tonight when the power is cheaper and my air isn't working so hard to cool it down in here. We had everything turned off while gone including the water. Don't to come home to a water leak or something.

Last edited by NAB; 08-03-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Poor hubby has to to got work tonight, but don't feel too bad since then his is off until after our next trip.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #590
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

In less than 24 hours we will be heading down! Yippee!

All is in place, I hope, and I just have to arrange it all in the car tomorrow.

DH will have to cut the grass on last time.

I have awesome neighbors and their older son will take care of my lawn and gardening while we are gone, garbage too.

My kids take care of their pets while they are gone, we just help each other out.

Can't sleep! I got the Disney gitters

Pumba hope your event goes smooth!

Hope to check in while we are there since the house has free wi-fi.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #591
NAB

Mony-- Safe travels , I can never sleep the night before either to excited and have lists going though my head thinking I might have missed something.

Darn it is hot out there. Spend the day finishing up the wash. Now to put it all away...
Old 08-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #592
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

I had to go looking for this ..on page 5..can you believe that...Lets try not to have it happen again...
First off our party was a huge success...wonderful weather.(hot) and ac was working (cool)...swim pool was perfect...44 people arrived ..we had MORE then enough food..as always I stress that factor ...do I have enough...hahaha..
we just had a great time visiting..and catching up ...that is what is good...and no funeral...
next group to come here will be for the Balloon Festival in two weeks...lets hope that is a good day too...I love that..

Hope you are all well...missed you

Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #593
NAB

Pumba-- Glad your party went will. The weather here is finally giving us a break, even wore jeans at Nicholas ball game last night. It was really damp and breezy. Must have been coming off the lake.

It is quiet around here but most of us are gone or going to be leaving , like me in 4 days.

Two vacations in one summer is too much. It is the short turn around I think. Just unpacked and now am washing and repacking different stuff. Hannah is already packed and waiting . She has too many clothes doesn't have to wait for the wash.

Moo-- How are the wedding plans going?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #594
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Sorry can't post much, being in WDW and all!

Yesterday swimming the thermometer said 104 outside.

Today was hot too, but I felt Michigan weather prepped me for all this. I just hate feeling wet all day long.

We went to MK and got to do all the major rides and our favorites.

Tomorrow Epcot!

Glad to hear your party was a success Pumba!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #595
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Nabbie - I've been pretty busy with wedding stuff. Don is out of town this week and I got the Michigan party invitations stuffed into envelopes and the address labels on them tonight. It took me a while to figure out how to mail merge the addresses from the spreadsheet onto labels, but I managed to figure it out!

Goog luck preparing for your cruise. I'm pretty jealous

Sounds like Mony's having a great trip!!!

Pumba - Glad your party went well.

Has Marita already left on her trip?

I see over yonder that Peej is a new mommy. Pretty exciting!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #596
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

Cruises, weddings, Disney, babies...and school...what a great posts you all have done..

Today the sun is out and the humidity is up...I am just finishing up some morning caffeine...then I will go out and clean the pool...the other night ...HUBBY FOUND A HUGE..MOLE...it wasnt like I expected..they are ugly and bigger then a mouse...YUCK...he was dead on arrival...down at the bottom..we all thought it was a leaf...

Today is the day my sil goes to Boston to meet with a team of three doctors to go over the results of the Maine oncologists...I hope and pray that Maine screwed up and that they can get this cancer and give her a long long life...

Have a good day everyone...even those in the 100 degree Disney weather...yuck...jump in the pools everyone..

Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #597
NAB

Our humidity has been down the last few day it has been heaven.

Mony-- glad all is going well with you. I will be joining you in the heat soon.

Moo-- How excited to help. Weddings are a lot of work even if they are small.

Couldn't sleep last night, had list going in my head even though I know what I am takening for clothes. It will be great not to take winter clothes too this time.

I will have to go check out P.J.'s new arrival. Haven't been over on that one in ages.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #598
NAB

Well we finally got rain. We really need it. My poor flowerbeds look sad because we have not been home to water them and now we are going away again.

Packing is almost complete. Washer is going for the last time and dress clothes are ready to be packed up at the last mintue with the overnight bag.

Hannah and I got our nails done this morning but wasn't pleased with the lady that did Hannah's. She was mean and I told the owner that too. Hannah was just watching her put the polish on her fingers and the lady yelled at her to watch the tv not her. Then she put her under the fan/dryer thing and didn't turn the thing on and left her there a long time with out even checking on her. The lady that did mine told her she could leave when I did. Not that we do this often but I will try somewhere new next time.

Nicholas and hubby were ready or as ready as they are going to be decide to go see Batman this morning.

Moo wish you were coming with us again, will miss you at dinner.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #599
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Nabbie - I sure wish I were going on the cruise too!!!!! Hope you have an amazing time and enjoy the new ship

We had a very rainy day here as well, but it's nice not having to run the AC for a change.

With respect to the pre-wedding party, I'm still having issues trying to figure out a caterer because they are so limited on who you can use. The one I was thinking of using seems super flaky on the phone and I've read some really bad reviews about her on the internet. They're from a few years ago, but based on how she acts when I've tried to talk with her on the phone, it sure makes me nervous about hiring her. I think I'm going to see if I can make an appointment with the cook at the venue to see if I get a better vibe from him.

Pumba - Fingers crossed for your SIL That mole in the pool sounds GROSS
Old 08-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #600
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

It's been pretty quiet here this week with some of our regulars on vacation!

I've been plugging away on wedding party related stuff. I think I may have the catering decided - we're probably doing a pasta bar. Just need to hear about the pricing...

Hopefully, the clothes we ordered for my hubby will work out. He claims the pants fit, but I haven't seen them on him yet!!!

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: