Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #571
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

which area are you in Nab ..???

Maine has been very nice lately...rofl...no bad weather to speak of...

Marita...I posted on fb about your congratulations for 40 years...that is a big accomplishment for anyone...

the house is quiet...listen~~~ I am still in my housecoat...but I dont care...hahaha...still trying to get the house in some kind of organization ...as the grand gathering here is in one week from Saturday...I am anxious and excited...I love to throw a shin dig...ROFL..

Hope you all have a good day today and this week too...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #572
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Nabbie! Glad you're having a good trip

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Too many work and personal things going on lately. I've mostly just been on FB lately.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #573
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

hello..
All hell broke lose the last few weeks...My SIL who had her kidney removed last December ...well she was told in April that the uretha cancer that was removed too...was a very agressive cancer...
She had a scan and they found a small spot to close to her stomach aorta...this is also cancer and they cant remove it...she went to the oncologist yesterday and he said it is terminal...it will just keep spreading ...they can only do radiation right now...
They are going to ask for a second opinion and possibly go to Mass. for this ..
I hated to even say anything ...because we always wish for a better outcome for anything...My brother and SIL have been married the same as we have...we were married in May and then they got married in September...she just retired in january too...so why do we all wait to retire and then die.....

sorry to have such awful thoughts today...but needed to get it off my chest without anyone saying anything ..
You guys were my vent....cause I know you all now...
SO just dont say anything.......but my sound off friends....thanks

Old 07-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #574
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Pumba, my heart goes out to you and your family. I am very sorry about this news. I will keep her in my prayers. If you want to pm me her name, I can ask our prayer groups to include her. I totally believe in the Power of Prayer.

The weather has cooled down over here so I can finally clean out my car and get it ready for our trip.

Matt has had camp the last two weeks for socialization skills. He loves it and after last year I did see a difference in him in which he made a few friends, was and still is invited over to "hang" with others his age. I wish he would be the reciprocater of that behavior. He never askes, "Hey can I have a friend over?" Baby steps, I guess.

11 days!

Oh, I got a phone call from a teacher asking me to be her elementary education student teacher. I have two placements this fall, one is my focus, Cognitively Impaired and the other is General Education of the area I am teaching which is Elementary aged students.

She picked me because she liked my background and that I am a WSU student where she graduated from. It's for Kindergarten but these kids have some special needs. I am so excited! Sounds like a great fit!

I wish school would just start already!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #575
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Pumba, that is very distressing news about your SIL, so sorry to hear that. I hope radiation will help her.

Mony, great news, I saw it over on FB.

Nothing new here. Work is so slow, I decided to take tomorrow off too, so now I have a 4 day weekend

New furniture (well, TV console and dining set) come Friday and the new TV on Saturday. So tomorrow I'll make sure everything is ready to be hauled away and whatever else needs to get done, and finally color my hair which I am woefully behind on again.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #576
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

So sorry to hear about your SIL, Pumba

Congrats on your student teaching position, Mony!

Marita - Enjoy your new deliveries and time off!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #577
monymony3471

Life is definitely keeping us busy, took Zack to the ER for severe abdominal pain and this morning he is recovery from having his appendix removed.

Unbelievable! He is recovering and Tim told me he is up and walking and asking to eat.

I was with them through the surgery and come home at 6 am to take a nap and get my other kids ready for their day plus I had a foot dr apt. Matt is at his last day of camp and we will head back to hospital so Tim can go home he has been there since 8pm. They operated at 2:30am.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #578
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

monica...so sorry about your sons sudden surgery...but they sure get them up and out fast after having them removed...Just like our daughters gall bladder..in and out and home you go...geesh..
our son was in from Saturday til Friday of the next week with his appendix operation...his had burst and they had to make sure he was free from the germs...or whatever it is ...

Hope that you all have a great day and weekend..it is raining and I am kinda glad...just a relax around the house type of day...

Old 07-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #579
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

up and at 'em friends..

The sun is out and the day has started...anyone else awake

Old 07-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #580
monymony3471

I'm here, sipping the coffee, already emptied the dishwasher, emtied the sink, put the a load in the dryer and the washer, gave the baby a shower (she peed the bed ugh! hence the reason the wash is going and she got her shower), and picked up the kitchen. I have a ton to do!

Zack is in pain, gave him a motrin 800. They said the thrid day would be the worst. Hope that helps.

It cooled off tremendously! Last night's sleep I actually used a blanket.

Out of milk again! We go through a gallon a day and I don't drink it.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #581
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning....how is your son this morning....Hope he is feeling better each day..

The rains have come...I mean downpour....but it came straight down and didnt come in at an angle....which means it is a fast moving storm..HOPEFULLY..

Have to get my act together and start thinking about Next Saturdays family gathering...I do have to get my act together..hahaha..

Hope you all have a great day and rest of the weekend

Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #582
monymony3471

Yesterday was rough for Zack but he was more mobile. He only needs help getting out of bed, he can get up from the couch on his own. I told him today I wouldn't wait on him hand and foot anymore, he is able to do things for himself now. I just want him to get stronger.

The Motrin 800's I gave him yesterday took away some of his pain.

We have a family summer get together today for Tim's side. His aunt invites everyone over to swim and BBQ and we all bring something. I am bringing my famous chunky salsa.

4 tomatoes
1 med red onion
2 avocados
2 cans fiesta corn, drained
1-2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
chopped and mixed all together

Then I make a good seasoning italian dressing packet with olive oil and red balsamic vinegar and mix with veggies and let set for an hour. Serve with chips! Yum!

Healthy!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #583
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Mony - Glad to hear that Zack is doing better. Thank goodness he has time to heal before your trip and it didn't happen during your trip! Your salsa sounds yummy.

Pumba - Wish we could get some more rain! Our yard is pretty crunchy right now even though we've had some rain lately. Makes pulling the weeds pretty easy though.

We are continuing to work on wedding party plans (for the Michigan pre-wedding celebration). I really need to get the caterer figured out soon.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #584
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

I'm back!

And tired, being away in a trailer for 2 weeks is hard work.

Pumba we were at a KOA in Skogweghan? Then we went down the I 295 to go to the Boston area. Hannah wanted to go to the American Girl store there. Then headed to New York City. What a crazy place that is. Good thing we were in a tour bus from the campsite because no way could we drive in that or see so much. Time Square looks bigger on tv as does the ball that drops on New Years. Saw the Naked Cowboy and some other interesting people there.

Also made it to Cape Breton Island and Halifax Nova Scotia to see relatives. We made a boo boo and re- entered Canada and then accidently crossed at another one down the road by mistake. The border crossing dude laughed and said I guess you didn't buy anything in those few mintues. He saw us past and of course ran our passports though again.

Now I have to unpack the trailer and get ready for our next trip , we leave next Friday .... Hope I make it , I am really tired right now. Early mornings , late nights.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #585
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I have sort of news. Not really, it's been in the air, but confirmed today. DD and BF plan to get married! Slight problem there, both live at home.
They both have college degrees but no good jobs, sign of the times.....
Meanwhile, they did get a family addition in the form of a kitten though (which I will most likely get stuck with)

I do like future SIL, he is really handy to have around, I regularly ask him to help me with electronic stuff. Plus he will House sit for us while we are gone. Just wish the economy were better.

One more sleep and I will be off to Montana to spend the week reading in hotel rooms

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: