Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #556
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

I am very sad today..
My Co Moderator and friend passed away today...marsha or Mackey Mouse as you may of known her...she found out she had cancer a month after her husband passed away with Pancreatic Cancer...
She was a great person and I shall miss her ...
So keep her three daughters in your thoughts please....

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #557
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Pumba - Sorry to hear about your co-moderator friend. Cancer sucks!

Nabbie - Let me know if you try those roll-ups and whether you like them! I know that sometimes at potlucks, people bring something similar where they spread cream cheese on ham and wrap it around a green onion or pickle spear. My way is simpler

TGIF!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #558
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Pumba--Sorry to hear about your friend.

Moo-- That is a very easy snack. That's for that suggestion.

I talked to the doctor about the high morning numbers. He said is it because the body is at rest and not moving for all those hours so the number goes up. Plus my true fasting was too long. Since I wasn't hungry I didn't eat a night time snack some nights so I would go with out food for over 12 hours.

I think I will stay in the air conditioning today, we have another hot one again today. Kids are serving at a wedding today at 2:30. Wouldn't want to be the bride today. Church is not airconditioned either.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #559
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

being from Maine...our churches and schools are NOT ac'd....so when the temp hit the high 90s last year ..on the last two weeks of school ...they didnt really know what to do...with that and the high humidity...was not healthy...I know plenty of times my sister would pass out in church and have to be carried out...of course that was also due to the fact we couldnt eat before receiving communion...

today is another hot one...kids are coming back with the munchkins and also our daughter is off today...(her husband has to work)...so swimming we shall go...hahaha...I love the pool...

Hope you all have a great day

Old 07-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #560
NAB

We didn't have air in schools either and they would take us outside under a tree I remember.

I saw the bride she looked beauitful from a distance not sure how she was holding up close up. She had a strapless but full ball gown on and her wedding party had long dresses too. They came in old 50's cars which were cool to see but no air in their either.

Looks cloudy today but still suppose to be a scorcher. Pumba your lucky to have that pool. I'm sure the rest of the family thanks you too.

Let the kids stay up last night and I went to bed. Hannah was watching a movie so I thought oh she will go to bed after...nope. I just asked her and she said she went to bed at 2:20 and I heard Nicholas at 5:00 . Hubby and I were in bed at 10:30. I'm getting old.....

Going to a concert tonight, don't laugh but we are going to see John Cougar Mellencamp. Hubby and I both liked his music and thought why not and the kids are trailing behind. If we can go to the Jonas Brothers they can go to this. The Cowboy Junkies is the opening act.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

-

Last edited by NAB; 07-15-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Went to church last night after that wedding so don't have to go this morning....
Old 07-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #561
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Pumba, I too am sorry to hear about your friends passing.

A long time friend of the family lost his 26 year old son last Sunday. They found him. He had a brain anerism. So sad, they harvested everything they could and his funeral was Saturday. Parents should not have to bury their children. It just isn't right.

I picked October to get married because I did not want to be hot in my gown. This is one hot summer for sure.

My sister is in Seattle with her family. They board the Disney Wonder tomorrow for their Alaskan Cruise. I can't wait to see all of the pictures.

3 more weeks for us! What are the chances a cold front will go through Orlando that week?

Not freezing or anything Marita, just upper 70's to low 80's.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #562
monymony3471

Pretty sure I broke my toe. Second one from the end. I slid down the stairs a few steps, luckily I was hanging on the banister and caught myself, but my toes got the brunt of the force. It is purple and blue and swollen and hurts.

I haven't tried to put on shoes other than my crocs. It hurt trying to put a sock on this morning.

Hopefully 20 days is long enough for it to heal, or I am in trouble.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #563
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post

3 more weeks for us! What are the chances a cold front will go through Orlando that week?

Not freezing or anything Marita, just upper 70's to low 80's.
Chances are ZERO! You will swelter, no doubt, all you can do is hope for cloud cover.

What are your dates? I will be in Montana in three weeks....

Sorry about your toe, what a bummer, I read it in Nebo's report. Too bad you're not at a Disney resort, you could get free wheelchairs there. But I hope you will be all better to be able to walk.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #564
NAB

Mony--Ouch hope your toe is better by then too!

Marita-- we have been having hot weather here, I'm sure it will feel hotter down there at the same temp. They say on the ship there will be a warm breeze to help out on the water. Hope so.

Hubby wants to get the trailer out too. I thought since we were doing the cruise I could miss a long trip this year. Nope , and not much notice either. Be ready Friday he says. So I will have a few busy days ahead of me. We are heading to the East Coast to see some of my relatives so I can't complain. Haven't been down in a few years. Have to call my mom and see if she is up for another trip. She just got back from being out west with my sister.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #565
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Chances are ZERO! You will swelter, no doubt, all you can do is hope for cloud cover.

What are your dates? I will be in Montana in three weeks....

Sorry about your toe, what a bummer, I read it in Nebo's report. Too bad you're not at a Disney resort, you could get free wheelchairs there. But I hope you will be all better to be able to walk.
We leave Aug 5, we arrive Aug 6 in Kissimmee, we are staying for a week but are considering adding a few more days. Maybe through the 15th. Not sure yet.

It's gonna be 102 today in SE MI, so what's a little FL sun?

Got to talk to my sister yesterday on her cruise, this is her first cruise and hearing the excitment in her voice was cool. I've been on a few when I was young and single, sigh.

I can't wait to see her pictures!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #566
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

TOE BREAKAGE...that would be ME ...Queen of the toes...Put a piece of gauze between the toes and tape them together...not tight ...but enough to give it a happy feeling...and crocs are the way to go...dont wear flip flops cause someone will most likely get to close to you and you can feel the pain (even if they dont touch it) but the pain goes right up to the head...

it has been wicked hot in Maine too...just got out of the pool...with Scottie...
we just went and lowered our body temp...then came in and omg the house is freezing...cause of the ac on...

So hope you all have a good night and no thunder boomers for us or for you...we had severe thunderstorm warnings a wee bit ago...but the sky is a funny shade of beige or something...weird

Old 07-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #567
NAB

Well today was a bit cooler maybe by 5 degrees but it seemed so much more.

We are heading out with the trailer on Friday so I am busy making small piles all over my living to pack in the trailer tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be busy since I have to pick up my mom , then get back home for Nicholas baseball game and pack the trailer. Hubby is taking the cat to grandpa's and then going to get the trailer.

Mony -- how is your toe? I have never broken a bone so have no idea how much pain it would be. Stubbing a toe is bad enough.

Pumba-- we were suppose to get a big storm last night but got nothing. Not even the rain that we truly need.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #568
NAB

Marita-- Congratulations on 40 years of service. Just saw the chocolate cake on FB . My gosh that looks heavenly. Love the chocolate roses. Usually I leave the rose they are too sweet but I would eat them.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #569
monymony3471

Maybe I didn't break my toe afterall. It still hurts and today the discoloration is almost gone. Probably a good bruise.

Terrible news about the shooting in CO. I just dont understand the world sometimes.

I started a TR, if you have the time please stop on by the link is in my siggy, the last one.

16 days!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #570
NAB

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOO!!!!!

Hope your had a great one!

We are in Maine right now at a KOA . Kids are having a blast here. Seem to stay at this one everytime we go though. It is super soaker weekend so lots of water balloons, water guns, water everything. And free ice cream who wouldn't like it.

Last edited by NAB; 07-21-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Thinking of Pumba since we are in her state.

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: