Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #346
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Pumba - PM sent! Thanks for reminding me
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #347
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Hi all, checking in briefly. Im fine but tired. I'll post tomorrow.
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #348
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

thanks moo for the address.......got it and putting it in my fanny pack...just dont tell the kids that I am USING A FANNY PACK...hahaha...

Marita...thanks for checking in...see you today sometime...

Nab...hope all is going okey for you..Keeping your FIL busy at first and then maybe by the September he can join a group that plays cards and goes on trips...My mom joined one when both my nana (her mom) and my daddy passed away within six weeks of each other.....she didnt know what to do ...she had spent every night (almost like we did) at the nursing home visiting both of them..it is very very sad when all of a sudden their life is turned upside down and they are lost...maybe start looking into them now...

For the rest of us...we had a day made for us...the weather was awesome and HOT...but we enjoyed it ...believe me...

see ya guys later..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #349
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Sorry to be MIA for a few days.
Not much new to report here. I finally went to the mammogram place Friday and it took 3 (THREE!) hours. 2 1/2 of them just waiting. Well, they found something they think is not malignant, but I have to go back in 6 months to make sure. Great!
Also made an appointment with a cardiologist today, can't wait to see what that is going to cost.
On a positive note, we are actually getting a tax refund this year, first time in like 20 years of about $1000, instead of paying $1000, so yay for small favors!

Tomorrow we go on a tour of the new Art of Animation Resort, so that should be interesting.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #350
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Marita--geez girl about time you got a break. Only thing is your going to end up using it all on medical stuff. I am so happy we don't have to pay for stuff here , but we do pay for in taxes.

Moo -- Did you watch Biggest Loser? I knew Mark was gone but was surprised the other one was Buddy. Hope they watched last night and thought what fools they were. Still wish Conda was gone though.

Not much to report here either. The weather has been crazy, really warm one day , below 0 this morning. Never know how to dress anymore. Layers and strip off I guess.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #351
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

Marita....stay postive...good news is that they dont want to see you again for six months...if they even suspected anything at all..you would be there sooner then a fly flies onto poop...dont ya love my comparisons....

Today going shopping with my daughter.....she is going to Disney with us and needs a few things...as I do...but putting it off...like usual...so I love to go anyplace with my kiddos...I do love them both so much...

Megara woke us up at threeish crying...I got up and thought she wanted to be sick but she must of had a bad nightmare and needed us to comfort her...then hubby laid on the floor with her for a bit...

Front door should come on today... I hope that it is done while I am not here...geesh...I need a break and a half..hahaha..

have a good day everyone...nice today..in the 50s...first its 80s and then fifties...........another give me a break

Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #352
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Marita, I hope you enjoy your tour of the new resort! Glad you got some good health news

Our weather hasn't been too wacky. Wish it would warm up a bit though.

I'm a little sad that Mari went home yesterday, it was SO nice having her home for a few days. We may be canceling our Hawaii trip and spending that money on a wedding instead this fall!!!

PT is continuing to go well and my incision is looking pretty good.

Pumba - Thanks for your help with the Mickey postcard! Have fun shopping - your trip will be here before you know it!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #353
NAB

Moo-- A wedding!

Pumba-- shopping is always fun, well maybe Marita doesn't think so ...

Sun is out and I have been putting off raking the yard , leaf bags go out tomorrow so I guess I should get my rear in gear and do some raking and cleaning up the flower beds. Love gardens but don't like the work of cleaning them up and weeding.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #354
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Nabbie - It's not official yet, but sounds like a strong possibility for a small, casual, backyard wedding at his parents' home in October!

PT kicked my butt yesterday I had been thinking about going out to do some shopping today, but am too sore, so I'll probably just stay home so I can put cold on all the places that hurt off and on!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #355
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Moo, a wedding would be fun! I sure hope my DD will go for a small wedding one day too, LOL. Although they guy she is dating lives at home too (they both graduated college when the economy crashed, and its not much better yet). They have only dated 4 months, but the are practically inseparable...

The Art of Animaton tour was fun, still under construction, so there was lots of work going on. The layout is much like POP. I really like the big courtyard with the huge pool behind the main building. The pool is fence and you need you room key to get in. It is all very bright an colorful, I think it will be very popular (with discounts, very expensive without).

I'm taking tomorrow off. Maybe I will FINALLY get my haircut, I am months overdue because I keep procrastinating.

One tiny bit of exciting (for me) news: I ordered a recordable alarm clock!
So when I have a meeting at 9 am, I can record a message to yell at me and remind me I have to be at such and such meeting at such and such time. It's the little things in life, LOL. I hope it works out.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #356
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning, afternoon and good evening...YAH I am late..
MEN came on time today and the door came out and the new one ....didnt fit right...so we had our door which is HUGE...opened area all day...black flies found their way in....bad enough outside...but to come in too...geesh....door will be finished tomorrow and then shutters go up...those came today...also got a phone call from the flooring and they ARENT bringing in the inspector from Dupont...they just ordered the new one and that will be in next week...after that the new carpet can be laid....I shut the bedroom doors today so that the DUST...didnt make it into those rooms....the dust keeps settling since the windows were taken out and sanded on the inside of the wood and then new ones fit in better..

We went out to eat and then did our shopping for the week...hubby gets his second carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow...hopefully this next one will go as smoothly as the first one...fingers crossed..
He is scheduled to go back to work on the 14th of May...so his recoup will be on our vacation and he doesnt have to take his vacation time too...YES That will work out fantastically...

Hope you all have a great day and night and tomorrow morning too..

Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #357
NAB

Pumba-- recoup at WDW , now that is nice. Hope his surgery goes well today.

Moo-- Doesn't have to be official to get excited, how long have they been going out? When do you have to go back to work, hope not soon. The knee sounds like it still needs down time.

My guess is when Hannah gets married it will be big. She loves to watch the wedding shows. Says she wants a big poofy princess dress. I think we better start saving now.

Grocery day and of course it looks like rain. The sun was shining yesterday and it was warm too. Nothing worse then loading and unloading groceries in the rain.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #358
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Nabbie - They've been together for two years now! I was originally thinking I would go back to work on 5/2, but I want to finish out my four weeks of PT, so I'm thinking 5/7 instead. I didn't take as many meds yesterday and ended up having some chills, which I suspect were withdrawal side effects That wasn't a good feeling! I'm going to try adding in some Tylenol today to see if that helps. PT on Wednesday was pretty tough. I am still sore from using the recumbent stepper. I will stick with the exercise bike today, if I can!

Pumba - Hope your hubby's surgery goes well.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #359
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Pumba hope dh's surgery is doing well - - and he recuperates successfully!

Moo sounds like a good plan - do rest, and follow your instincts!

Nab dd wedding? That truly is a scary thought! I was watching the My Fair Wedding with David Tutera, he truly has a budget to create magic!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #360
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

I'm pretty relieved that my daughter wants a fairly low key wedding! We did a little dress shopping when she was home and found out that it's going to be fairly challenging to find a tea length dress. All of those undergarments that you need for a fancy dress are way too hot for a NC wedding!!!

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: