Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #331
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Nab I'm so sorry to hear about your mil - that is so sad. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers! HUGS

Marita - I'm so sorry to hear all this negativity.... altho I will say your thyroid test post reminded me... 16 or so years ago I was having problems and went to the doctor, my aunt (7 years older than me) just had her thyroid checked and was on meds, I was talking of some symptoms and went to the doctor - well, who can forget this "Mrs. M your thyroid is probably fi ne - - you are pregnant"

so it could be worse!
(hoping to make you smile!)

Moo stove top stuffing? :: and lol!! Hope today is good for you! Glad your staples are out! for good!! I know how hard exercise is - and I believe PT is much more intense - keep up the work - you need the rewards!!

Pumba good grief that's a lot of leftovers!! I love frying leftover ham - and adding it to "stuff" For breakfast esp - you know an egg mcmuffin thing...
YAY for you passing your eye test!! Best of luck that the adjuster goes in your favor!!

I'm becoming obsessed with knitting again! watching podcasts, signing up for the August Knit convention... I'd love to do knit-topia 2013 (in Michigan!) but its just not feasible - but I can dream - a whole week of knitting along with other knit obsessed - think of what I could learn!!

AND - dh has a windfall in tax returns, instead of doing a Disney trip we are trying to take that same money and go to ... IRELAND! Ireland is in a world of hurt, and prices are starting to come down - flights are expensive but I'm finding tours that include airfare at about $1500 per person! DD school is planning a Spring Break 2013 trip to Paris for $3600 PER PERSON! so, we thought we could do better on our own...

right now its all a dream!

Last edited by Sandy321; 04-11-2012 at 12:56 AM. Reason: I turned the page!! and knit-topia is in Lexington MI in 2013! a cabin in the woods roflol
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #332
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

I want to use the thyriod excuse too. Mind you I do have PCO and that can do it too so I will stick to that as an excuse.

Moo--yay for getting the staples out. When I had my C-section and was in for 5 days I was not leaving until they took them out. They pulled and hurt so much I couldn't sleep or turn. Did you watch Biggest Loser last night? I couldn't believe all of what Chris ate, thought it was funny that someone put paper over the labels so we didnt' know the brand. Next week is the one we have all been waiting for.

Marita--2012 has not been good to your medical wise. Hope it gets better.

Sandy -- on the income tax return. People here are mad because if you are low income family they will send you a little a month instead of one shot in hopes that people we spend it wisely instead going out and buying those big tv instead of food for there family.

Pumba-- So happy your eyes are getting better now. Funny my FIL had an eye appoint me yesterday and said he had a test for the pressure and it was good. I thought of you.

We are managing here. Sent the kids off to school until Friday. Hubby even went into work today because he signed up for overtime and he is a boss so he couldn't get anyone to cover for him. Hope he gets someone for the next few days though. Visitation is Friday with the funeral on Saturday morning. We did all that yesterday. That was hard , I think my FIL is still in shock. He didn't care what we picked. He had a picture in his wallet of her younger and before the disease did a number on her body. He said that was her favourite picture so that is what we used. He wanted to do her hair the same way the guys didn't care I said no way, it was like a school girl hair cut flat down bangs and cut short to the ears. Her hairstyle is not like that anymore so I told them to do it so we recongize her not flat to her head. That was a funny conversation. That and what to put on her. My husband family is dad and a brother so I was the only girl.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #333
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Nabbie - Glad to hear you were able to get the arrangements made for your MIL - that is always a tough thing to do. I'm sure your hubby and FIL appreciated having your help

I felt bad that Chris turned to binge eating, but she did seem to be much happier to be home with her family. Next week's show should be VERY interesting!!!

Sandy - I can make great stuffing, just like my Grandpa and Mom used to make, but my family loves the Stovetop, so I usually just go the easy route and make that, LOL!

The PT was a little more challenging today. I was on a recumbent stair stepper for 10 minutes to start. Kind of an interesting machine. It was a bit more strenuous than the exercise bike. A lot of the therapy has been tightening certain muscles and holding them in that position for 10 seconds at a time and/or doing leg or knee lifts for 10-15 repetitions. Today, the therapist also manipulated and stretched my knee a few different ways at the end of the session, which was pretty painful. She said that they have to slowly work the knee cap (which is "floating around" under the incision) into the proper position.

When they took the staples out, they put steri-strips over the incision, so now the adhesive on those is feeling itch! I'm going to slowly peel them off over the next few days . . .
Old 04-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #334
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Nab, glad you got the arrangements made, I know that is always hard.

Sandy, remember knitfreak from work? Your post reminded me of her. Now she has a 1 year old, so I doubt she knits as much anymore. Sounds exciting about a trio to Ireland!
Still havent done my taxes, and they are due Monday. We always have to pay, but I managed to drag out exceptionally long this year, hubby is not happy.

I have a bit of work news. The girl at All Star is going on a temporary assignment, so I will fill in there for a few months in addition to working at Port. Fine with me, it will give me more to do and give me some new experiences. The only thing that sucks is that it's another 10 minutes or more (depending on traffic) from home. So more time AND money spent. I'm going over in the morning for the first time for some business reviews.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #335
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

OMG Knit freak has a year old kid....what the heck happened to me this last year...YIKES..

Today we woke up at quarter of seven...mind ya...the clock said 6:45 AM...the stinking carpet person called at that un real time...hubby and I jumped out of bed...cause it was my only morning to sleep in..we were not happy...then a car horn goes off...well that was a man two houses down...his wife fell and died ..they live with a retired priest...I think who is their son....so two firetrucks, two ambulances...one medic person..one cop car and then the family starts rushing in...then they finally left and the hearse came to pick her up...very sad for them...so I dont know them really ...but they wave when they drive by ..so I made a couple dozen cup cakes and a chinese pie casserole..so they could warm it up when they wanted dinner...they were very appreciative...the other nieghbor next to me said he would do it for tomorrow..I think that is what my mama always did and my nana...so I do it too...

most of the windows are in today...they look fantastic...I love the living room one...two big side windows and then the middle is a total glass one...no up or down...I love it..
The insurance adjuster said that it wasnt our water damage so therefore we cant get it fixed with their money...so we called our insurance co. and then the insurance person for the state of maine...they were helpful...but I am not holding my breathe...THEN the manager from home depot and another person came and took photos of the floor thing that is screwed up...they were so nice...I felt relieved..

THEN...this morning my bp was way way up...so I called up the doctors office and they said for me to unstress...I think that is what they said...I said YAH RIGHT...but I swore I would...and I am destressing...I dont care what happens...if we have to spend the money for the damage that has already been fixed...then so be it...
SEEEEEEEEE I am so quiet....and calm...hahaha..

see ya later gators

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #336
Sandy321

I'm having deju vue _ I really thought I've already replied to these messages?

is it the Dis...

or is it me?

Old 04-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #337
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

yah me too...but changing or doing something to the site...screwed us all up I guess...soon we may be normal again...hold on

Old 04-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #338
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Yeah, I got a couple messages about the DIS being down periodically when I tried logging in recently, plus I have had to keep signing back in

Went to lunch with a coworker today, then into the office for a visit and to do some paperwork. It was nice to see everyone and they were happy to see me getting around well!

No scheduled PT today, so I need to get busy and do some on my own. DD is driving home for the weekend. Can't wait to see her!!!

Last edited by Minnie_Moo; 04-13-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Minnie_Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #339
Sandy321

well - I have tried to reply, but its been so slow...

not much happening here - I'm still working out, my arms are really tired!
(and I think the scales at the Health Club are wonking out! lol it says I lost 7# since Tuesday! yes, if only! ah, but it made me feel like The Biggest Loser!! You know, it'd be worth all this work out if the scales talked like the biggest loser's scales - every week 3-7# loss!!)

Hoping all is well with the Moo'vers!

Moo - glad you are feeling better, getting around better...
Old 04-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #340
Sandy321

webmaster alex posted that the new servers are up and running -

I hope to be too

Morning all - hope this wonky weather doesnt affect anyone negatively! Stay safe and secure!!

Last edited by Sandy321; 04-15-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Took yesterday off - today I must do elliptical and weight training!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #341
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

I imagine it is very hard to change over servers for a site that is this large...but always a few glitches no matter what..

yesterday I made lasagna and a loaf of french bread in the bread machine...Our youngest granddaughter is 6.,...unreal how fast time flies...she is our youngest and our oldest will be 23 this August...YIKES..

Today ~~~~listen~~~~no noises...the men have today off and will do the rest of the trim tomorrow and also the front door...the windows look great...The shutters will be in tomorrow too...THEN I WILL send a photo to someone and you can look...hahaha...cause I am not with it...HONEST>.

OH My granddaughter...we got her a tinkerbell outfit....she loved it...I bet she will try to pack that too ...to go to Disney..I do believe we are down to 18 days and counting...

Today hub gets his stitches out and then prepares for the next surgery on Friday.....he forgets sometimes and then you can hear him cuss...that OUCH it hurt when I did this or that...hahaha...he will learn...

have a good day

Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #342
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Pumba-- can't wait to see pics. Did you take before and after ones. Hannah would love still to wear princess outfits and she wanted to be Tinkerbell last Halloween but they are all to small for her and the adult verisons are way to big.

Moo-- Sounds like your getting around better. Don't over do it! Hope you have fun this weekend with dd.

Marita--did you get all your doctor things sorted out?

Sandy-- Way to go on trying to get back into shape. I know I really need to get moving myself. I watch that scale every morning and say the say thing but dont' do it.

Hopefully we can get back into some routine to keep us going this week. Last week was very tiring. We worry about my FIL now , he was her care keeper. That took most of his day and now he really doesn't know what to do with himself. I told him he can always come visit us, take a drive down here if he doesn't want to stay. We are an hour away so that is not bad. Hubby goes back to work tonight.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #343
Sandy321

Pumba - I so agree about the servers! Its a huge task and out of my knowledge zone!

Marita - Hope all is well with you!

Moo - ITA with Nab - dont over tax yourself!! (couldnt help myself, get that tax reference in! lol We did our taxes, but ds just texted that he's coming over tonight for dh to help him!

Nab - sounds like you should get out your sewing machine! hah, if I can sew a Little Red Riding Hood, Tink shouldnt be too hard?
maybe there is a senior center for your FIL? Here our park districts and our towns have senior centers - some make plans for a monthly gathering (to museums, or plays or concerts) some have afternoon hours that people gather to either learn new skills (computer is one, but so is crafts, cooking, etc) Its not easy!

I did get a short run on Sunday - not sure if I'll get to the Club today - dh's car went wonky - electrical, the place we bought it from (used) sent a tow truck to check it out - fingers crossed whatever it is its covered under the warranty!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #344
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

We're having a great visit with Mari and she decided to stay over an extra day because she wanted to spend some more one-on-one time with her Dad since she spent a lot of time out and about with me!!! So they are out doing some shopping now. I'm off to PT shortly.

I overdid things on Saturday, so I took it really easy yesterday. Mari and I just went to a friend's house to make some jewelry, then visited briefly with my sister.

Nabbie - Glad to hear you're back home. Hugs!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #345
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

MM...dont forget to get me the address to send the FairyGOD Mailer to your pt person...and likes or special things that the little person would like to hear about or a favorite character...thanks

IT IS HOT IN MAINE...yup...it is wonderful out ..but we sweated while we were out there...of course Ava wanted to play on the bike and I had to sit at the end of the driveway so she would not go past me..

quiet and no banging..

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: