Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Happy New Year, ladies!

I popped in to wish you all a happy 2012. I see that NAB and Moo are traveling at the moment. Sandy, so nice of you to set up a new thread in Moo's absence.

I'm hoping to get over here a bit more frequently nowadays. I miss y'all!

Allie, I got your Christmas card too....what a great looking family! I got a lovely card from Twinkie too. For the 3rd year in a row, I did not send Christmas cards. Time got away from me, and blah blah blah......

Anyway, I hope you are all well and happy! Let's hope that 2012 is a fantastic year for us all!

Me DH DS14 DD12
lalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #17
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I didn't do cards either.

I'd send you all pierogies, but the postage to send stuff is getting out of hand.

I wanted to send a package to the mom my church is helping and it was over $5.00. I just don't have cash on me these days, so I drove it over. The package was real small and just some hats and mittens and onsies for her kids. I was not expecting it to cost that much, really.

I bumped into my kids old pricipal. She took on a new position, she's the director of elementary education. She wanted to know if I graduated yet and we talked about me subbing and how her district hasn't called me in for an interview and she said she'd look into it. I really want to get into my kids district for so many reasons. Please say a prayer for me.

My husband lost a friend a few days ago. He went to sleep and never woke up. We are going to the funeral home tomorrow. I'm sure this is going to be tough. This family has been through so much.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #18
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

good morning..

I am sorry about your husbands friend......sad ..so sad...

Hubby is making noises with the drill and megara is sleeping up in the chair and KT's boyfriend is sleeping ...he leaves today to go back to his internship...Our granddaughter KT, is doing her internship last week, this week and next week...Love having her here...
I dont have Ava today either..
Hubby goes back to work tomorrow...I did love having him home for the last week...he does a good job of making coffee and oh yah SHELVES...he made some in the pantry closet...cause the metal with plastic on them shelves do not make it easy to store stuff...so now we have real shelves...YES..!!

We had a great party yesterday...15 people...three couldnt come...so not bad..we ate ourselves crazy and visited...we still have a lot of finger rolls left and desserts...a good week to snack on those..
Hubby went to the store yestereday to get milk and ALSO picked up three more spiral hams...we had two smoked hams in the freezer already...we are hammed in ...so I will cook one today...they went down in price ...what would of costed 26.00 cost ten...I love 99 cents a lb food...

have a good day my friends and HELLO to you all that havent been here for a while...come and visit us often...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #19
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Thanks everyone for the kind comments about our Christmas card. It was the ONLY family picture we had from the whole year. So glad we got it and that it was DS graduation.

Mony
- The end of 2011 has been rough for a lot of folks. Keeping your family in my prayers, and praying for that job offer.

Sandy
- Have you heard about the loss over on the WISH board? Robert and Linda were killed last Friday while crossing the road in a cross walk. I know it is going to be hard for a lot of WISHers next weekend. I know you will do great!

I think I am actually ready to get back to work. My teacher 'retired' at Christmas break, and they moved some of the aides around, so I am going to be the only 'constant' left in that room. As Mony knows, Special Ed. kids need there consistency. I know it is going to be great! I loved my old teacher, but she liked to a bit too much.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #20
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Such a goog feeling to see people in here again! (and I should talk huh?)

Lynette hope your 2012 is filled with joy, health and prosperity as well!

Mony I feel your anxiety. I have finally given up my dream of a classroom. I do enjoy substituting, but its really scary out here now - they got rid of tenure at our district! Not sure how that all went down, but the atmosphere around here is really sad. I do hope your dreams come true! You are working so hard! (much harder than I did!) I can wait to hear your next chapters! Please share them!

Pumba I love hearing your snippets of your life! Thank you for sharing them. It really puts a smile on my face! How's the vacuum coming? Is it in?

Ali I saw it on FB - I was reading it on my phone, and showed it to DH - the name just didnt register. Then I went to WISH, and was reading a thread - and it hit me who he was! and a DUI hit them, and killed them - that so makes me angry!
Good for you recognizing how special needs kids need that consistency - Good luck with your scheduling sometimes that's more important than the people... to have a firm schedule, and know how to help prepare them for transitions! You are a Godsend!

Marita How are you feeling? You seem to have made it thru the holiday period ok. I imagine your dh is working overtime today - I saw on the news how a cold front has reached from MN down to Florida - it got bitter cold here in a hurry - below zero windchill! I"M READY FOR DISNEY!

and. alas. I am not running/wogging this Marathon. I just havent felt right. My foot, and my hip have been giving me pains - and I really hated the 2010 Marathon, the weather did me in, and I didnt like being last. I want to enjoy this vacation! Running is NOT my idea of "enjoyment" Yet I do feel guilty. (esp watching my weight go up up up!)

This was the first time in a long time I sent out Christmas Cards! I was so proud of myself - I sent to my cousins, and brother and mom an old picture of us at my grandma's house - when I was very young! No one said a thing! In fact - y'all are the only ones that acknowledged you got a card!! (Lynette, if I didnt send you one, it was because I wasnt sure if you'd remember me, or if you'd moved!)

Nab and Moo cant wait to read more of your trip!

indeed
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #21
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO

THanks all for your comments on my comments.......I am smiling here...

THE VACUUM is in...he put in two thingies that take the dirt and brings it down into the cylinder that catches the crap....One for up and one for down here...The hose goes from one end to the other on both floors.....I am happy..and our artificial tree was actually shedding today, when we took Christmas out of our house...so the machine did a good job picking up the stuff.....and I think I may of told you folks last year that I hate JUST HATE silver garland ...he had that everywhere...and it sheds too...I will probably be finding pieces of silver ...FOREVER...

Just cleaned up the house...KT's beau left to go back to his hometown and he starts his internship tomorrow...Kt is at the hospital and actually has good hours this week....8 to 4...that means we are not starving by the time she gets here (last week close to quarter of seven)...she is a good kid..

Tonight we will have one of the spiral hams and taters and veggies and pineapple...yummy

My daughter is a special ed teacher too...she teaches the whole school of 25ish from second to 6th Math...it is a burn out job...but then she gets her week off at Christmas and recoops...then she burns out again and she gets her week off in Feb and then again in April...they have two weeks off after school (regular) gets out and then they go to school for 5 weeks during the summer...then two weeks off before Regular school starts again in the fall...it is a very tough school and a very tough occupation ...these kids are not mainstreamed in the public school system...so they go to this behavioral school ...

Have a good day everyone

Old 01-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #22
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Hey Mony, I'd pay you some goog money for some pierogies
I second this. I'll pay shipping.

We were the "perfect" family of 4 today. The 4 oldest boys were with my sister, so it was just Ellie and Isaac. We went and got a Kuerig(we never jumped on the band wagon because K-cups are so expensive, but when we found out you could actually get a special refillable one to use your own coffee(which I get really cheap with coupons......) I was totally on board. I've been wanting to drink more tea and get off caffeine since it gives me chest pains and makes me feel horrible. So this is PERFECT!

We also had to run into Kohls so I could use my $10 Kohls cash. I got a pair of sunglasses and 4 pairs of Vans shoes for $36 after my Kohls cash. I almost squealed with excitement when I so those shoes marked down to $8.40 a pair!

Marita - We DO know what causes those surprise pregnancies. It's the .01% chance of your 99.9% birth control failing. ;o)

Last edited by MommyPoppins; 01-02-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: A 2012 Disney trip is seeming more likely because today Chad told me he was really starting to feel the need to go back!!!!!!
MommyPoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
MommyPoppins
A new saying!

Oh and a HUGE cool front is moving through our area right now. I am looking forward to socks, jeans and sweater weather for a couple days! It's been in the mid 80's for a month now.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #24
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
Ali I saw it on FB - I was reading it on my phone, and showed it to DH - the name just didnt register. Then I went to WISH, and was reading a thread - and it hit me who he was! and a DUI hit them, and killed them - that so makes me angry!
Good for you recognizing how special needs kids need that consistency - Good luck with your scheduling sometimes that's more important than the people... to have a firm schedule, and know how to help prepare them for transitions! You are a Godsend!

Godsend....I don't think so.

It sounds like it was drugs and not alcohol. Not that it makes it any better. I know they were in the midst of a lot of controversy a couple of years back, but I know there will be a hole there next weekend.

Mommy P - Did I miss something? You having another baby?

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.

Last edited by aldisneygrl; 01-02-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Oh and MommyP...that cold front is already here and it is COLD!!!
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #25
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Bob was a joyful soul that always had a smile on his face and made you laugh. I can and have heard his laugh all night in my head. It was nice to hear the stories that were being shared. What was even more special is that there were a good 100 people gathered in his honor who havn't seen each other for like 20 years. My husband played on a softball league when we dated and were first married and started to have kids. Each week they played ball, the wives cheered them on, and we then left to have a late supper at their sponsor's place. Marriages, births, and so many good friendships came out of that league. I watched my husband go from person to person and remember the good times. It was nice to see all that despite the circumstances.

I get my classroom assignment tomorrow and I am excited! I am hoping for a third/fourth grade class.

We have had super high winds here today. Lots of flurries, but nothing that stuck.

Tenure is a hot debated topic over here. I can understand both sides, I don't know how this will effect me if it even will. Our governor has taken so much away from our teachers it is crazy. I don't understand why teachers are such targets all the time. I know my job will be demanding and stressfull, but I just want to make things easier for my students to learn. I don't want them to have to go through what my son and I did.

Anyone going to WDW on leap day? Sounds interesting.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #26
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

good morning..

I got up and showered and almost dressed when the phone rang..(7:15)...KT our GD was just getting her lunch together and she answered it...It was my little girls mama(my niece) saying she stacked wood all day yesterday and she is taking today off.....OH OKEY>..I could of stayed in bed...or stayed in my jammies...so I am clean dressed and fed.......and no place to go...hahaha..
TODAY and tonight will be in the single digits with wind chill going to ten to twenty below zero...not my ideal day..so I will EMPTY BOXES and just maybe ...JUST MAYBE I will find those pickle forks......not that I need them now ...but they are someplace in this house...hahahaha..

Kids in our area went back to school today...
Hubby connected my Wii last night ...FINALLY found all the stuff for that in a big box....and for about a half hour it didnt work.....kept on saying cant find the disk....well I figured it out after all that.......the wii thingie was upside down...so now we are good to play...

Guess I will get my blood flowing...coffee has been consumed and ready to do some work here..
Have a good day everyone

Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #27
Sandy321

Pumba that is so something I'd do, only you did me one better, I would've given up! disc upside down, why is it always the little things! Now, what games are you playing?

Mony what'd ya get? You are going to have so much fun!

Allie you are to! You have such a big heart! Keep things together - I really admire all you do! I'm so far behind... I had to go and post on the event/comp board, and I had to wander in the Ohana thread... and I had to post... Now I'm going to have to get my rear in gear and DO something!!

MommyP (in response to Marita) Goog Deal on Kohls! Its always hit or miss here!!

and honestly people - could we NOT wait SEVEN MORE DAYS to have the darn cold front blow in? SERIOUSLY! Its been 2 years since our last vacation - and that was misery... so what's going on now? We are also below zero with the windchill -

WE FLY OUT TOMORROW!!

tomorrow, tomorrow. ...

I am so not ready! Must do sheets, towels, laundry. Must run to Goodwill for throwaway clothes for dh (you have to be at start line around 5am - it will be cold! so buy clothes to throw on the side of the road when the sun comes up - Disney has people that picks up the throw away clothes and donates them back to goodwill the circle of life!)

DD wants me to make LeCellier's Cheese Soup., I dread the day she finds out it has beer in it! I made Quiche last night for dinner - she ate 2 slices, then her brother told her what was in it... I just said, bacon, ham and cheese (I neglected the milk and egg part! )

and WHAT is going on with Project Runway WTH? Its NOT Project Runway without Tim Gunn or Heidi Klum.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #28
MommyPoppins
A new saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldisneygrl View Post
Godsend....I don't think so.

It sounds like it was drugs and not alcohol. Not that it makes it any better. I know they were in the midst of a lot of controversy a couple of years back, but I know there will be a hole there next weekend.

Mommy P - Did I miss something? You having another baby?
Heck no. I said in my edit something about 2012 being a year free of surprise pregnancies. (of course Ellie and Isaac were both planned pregnancies, but we have no intentions of planning anymore. lol)
Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #29
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Sandy, cheer up, back to 68 Thursday and 70's this weekend. Just a 2 day cold snap. Have a lot of fun and good luck to your hubby!

My hubby is not getting lots of overtime, he's a manager, so no overtime for him. He just gets to freeze his butt off in the middle of the night, LOL.

Sadly meeting up with Moo and Nab didnt work out this time due to holidays. Nap left me a very nice gift at the Front Desk this morning, a canadian pen (with flags) and a Mickey ornament with my user name on it, very cute! They are cruising now, sigh.

THANK YOU, NAB!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #30
Sandy321

Marita Thanks for the weather report - guess its not so much shorts weather tho We have been checking weather.com obsessively! Sorry it didn't work out to meet - I'm pretty sure I"m going to miss everyone too - the marathon does take over everything!

We have been to marathon twice - this will be our 3rd trip - the last years Osborn lights go dark Jan 3... this year they announced Osborn lights will be a go until the 7th But, a friend just said the Castle lights are off Guess I"ll have to settle for youtube yet again! (we extended our stay to see the lights too!)

Well less than 24 hours - we got an "A" boarding pass DH wanted to spend $20 to buy an A pass - I said save the $20 and buy me a drink with it He owes me a drink!!

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: