Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #256
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Just found an update from Sheridac and Sleepydogs TR. She started a new thread about their wedding plans. And also posted a pic of her very nice ring. Her perfectly manicured nails inspired me to finally get off my lazy butt and get my nails done again, LOL.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post44349990

ETA: 1.5 hours later my nails are done and I feel a lot better. Now for a haircut and a pedicure over the next week

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 03-17-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Backstage_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #257
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

hello Marita...glad that you are good about your nails being done...I cant get any nails done for at least another month or so...the new nail is still very tender..

I got my new glasses today...and wow...what was I missing...I had new lens last year too...but the opthamologist that did this last check up ..said they changed enough to warrant new lens..he has kept me in bay the last 15 years or so..I go back to him in three weeks to check my glaucoma ..hope that it is down this time...

today I was outside in short sleeves and sweating ...we moved 400 or so bricks from near the house and put them out back more...when they do the siding they wouldnt be able to get near the house...
last night we took all the laminate up and it was in the truck this morning and hubby took it to the dump..that is finished...now waiting for the installers ..

hope that you have a great day..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #258
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

I'm back!

I just wrote a whole post that disappeared. Wrote to much I guess...

Had a great time lots of upgrades on the plane and hotel room. Came home with money so that is good, no big wins but enough to keep up playing the slots for three days. They were having spring break there too so there was a lot of people out walking the strip. Long travel days, and one cancelled flight causing us to get home one day later. We were on our last leg of our travels. One layover in Cleveland. One hour trip....delayed twiced then cancelled. Stayed over night there. They gave us a hotel room , meal tickets for supper and breakfast. Or we could go on stand by to Dallas then Toronto from there....that would be 4 or more hours travel . We were already up since 4 am and it was 6:30. I felt sorry Hannah would miss her babysitting course the next day because we wouldn't make it back. Plus I was scared they would take a big gummy bear I brought back for Hannah. In Las Vegas my bag got pulled because they saw it in my carryon. They said it was a gel and not allowed. The thing is big, more then 3 0z. But I told her it was for my dd and she had pitty on me and let it go though. So when I found out we had to do secuity again in Cleveland for the new flight I was afraid they were going to take it now. But I was lucky and they didn't even ask about it. I did ask a TSA person before I left the airport security area and she said it as fine and they had seen them before.

Tired from staying up all night there and the time difference, three hours knocked me on my butt the last two days with a migraine.

The weather is beautiful out there , we broke a weather record today and all week is suppose to be really nice too.

Last edited by NAB; 03-18-2012 at 05:57 PM.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #259
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

welcome home....YUP it is HOT in Maine...we were in the low 80s...we had windows opened and the sliding door to the deck...wouldnt ya know today I cooked the cornbeef and then another pot of cabbage and rhutabaga...and potatoes...it is a mess to clean up..one pot soaking in the sink now..

I can see snow next door to my house...and a few frozen spots in the lawn...but 80s ...cant be March..can it??

have a good night everyone

Old 03-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #260
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Welcome back, Nabbie! Glad you came home with some $$! Sounds like you had a good time other than travel issues.

Pumba - My friend's corned beef and cabbage was delicious, as usual! I got to bring some leftovers home and really enjoyed it today as well.

My friends surprised me yesterday with several things for my knee surgery recovery-- a spiffy cane with a floral design on it, Vitamin E oil to help with healing, a soccer ball for PT exercises, a gift certificate for a chair massage, and coupons for meals afterward. I was really overwhelmed! Now I just have to finish cleaning up my house before Wednesday.

Last edited by Minnie_Moo; 03-18-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: We have also been having unseasonably warm weather!
Minnie_Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #261
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Welcome Home Nabbie!! glad they let the bear thru (I remember being surprised they let me bring the glow sticks on board, but not a wine corkscrew - the tsa guidelines say corkscrews are ok!) who knows?

MOO! What great friends! I second that vitamin e - it really works! Wednesday is going to be here before you know it! positive thoughts!

Cant believe we have had 80's all week! I know - its ALL MY FAULT! First time I plan to get away from the snow and cold for spring break - duh!

dh has jury duty this week - and he still does not have a job! He is hoping for some phone interviews/ call backs - but you can't use unemployment as an excuse to get out of jury duty!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #262
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning all..

Pandypaws passed away...I didnt know if any of you knew her....I met her on a few dis meets at the Cape ..and she took us a few times on our AK Safari...
Tony aka TVT called me last week to let me know she was dying...
She hurt her back at work and they took her to Celebration Hospital and that is where they found the big C all thru her...they said she had a week and she did...she was moved to hospice and they took care of her until the end...her two boys who live with their dad in CT I think still...were finally located and they arrived before she passed away...just wanted you guys to know...two weeks and gone...from diagnosis to the end...fast and furious as they said..

We signed the contract for the siding and windows...and roof..they should start the roof this week....excited...our house was the only one with peeling paint...now it will look as good as the rest...hahaha....we got the house really cheap for this area and these improvements will bring the value right back up to where it should be...

see ya guys later...

Old 03-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #263
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Rest in peace PandyPaws - she will be missed. So sad.

5 more sleeps till dd and I head to FL!

Mom booked us in to the Days Inn near Universal - $40 a night I've read the reviews at trip advisor (and its a non refundable rate!) OMG - I PM'd macraven here and she sent me a list of her issues when she stayed there... mostly really really dirty and things not working (like the tv, the toilet, dirty sheets, wall bathrooms...)
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #264
NAB

Pumba--That is so sad. But I do know some cancers move pretty fast and people don't even know they have it unitl the end. Prayers for that family.

Sandy-- Hope the hotel isn't as bad as it sounds. My nephew just bought a house in Clearwater said we could use it anytime we go to Florida. Prices down there are still pretty low.

I really can't believe the weather we are having , it is summer like. I do love it. Totally lost my voice now, kids think it is funny. Sent the kids off to school and had a nap for 2 hours.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #265
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Nab, I can just hear the kids laughing at your voice, LOL

Pumba, sad about your friend. To be honest, I would rather have it that way than the pain and expense of dragging on for ages. My best death would be just not waking up one day.

Moo, good luck with your surgery

Sandy, hope your hotel turns out ok.

Nothing to report here, I'm bored to tears at work at the moment.

New season of DWTS starts tonight
Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #266
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

I met pandy at some dis meets in the Cape...but really havent spoken to her in the last three or so years...

we just went to the Dairy Joy for our first ice cream of the year ...well outdoor ice cream...that place was mobbed...I mean cars waiting to get into the parking lot...well that was good for the time ...now i am freezing..temps went down twenty degrees already..in the 50s now..

The man came tonight and measured all the windows...he is also ordering the door frame and then we will be good to go..the roof will get started on Friday..I am excited now...

Old 03-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #267
NAB

Pumba -- You really will have a new house by the time your finished. It will look great when your done!

It is really foggy out there this morning. Can't even see the house across the street. What happened to Spring , we jumped to summer weather. Suppose to get in the 80's this week with humidity.

Moo-- Hope your surgery goes well tomorrow. You will be walking pain free in no time I hope.

Marita-- not much to report here either. Still have no voice this morning. Hard to call the kids to get up. Have to go touch them then they jump and scare me.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #268
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Thanks a bunch for the good wishes! Surgery is at 7:30. I have to be at the hospital at 5:00. Not really expecting to get any sleep tonight

Prayers will be greatly appreciated!!! I'll try to have my sister post something here or on FB.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #269
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer

Feeling pretty good tonight. Some pain, but it is tolerable!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #270
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

YAY, great to hear that! Hope you get all well soon and do some dancing in your next Disney trip!

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: